Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How much GB (estimate) of photos have you dumped on Google Photos?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How much GB (estimate) of photos have you dumped on Google Photos?

So I'm looking to upload like 80GB of additional photos from my trip to Australia a while back. Is there any limit enforced?

Google will obviously make sure to "secure" and "keep safe" all my data but welp..

Comments

• ChuckChuck Member
    edited October 2018

they say " unlimited storage" as long as you don't upload your nude pics. I think they have someone to check your photos to make sure no tits are showed.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @Chuck said:
    I think they have someone to check your photos

Too expensive I think. Some algorithm will do the job.

• @Chuck said:
    they say " unlimited storage" as long as you don't upload your nude pics. I think they have someone to check your photos to make sure no tits are showed.

What about ass?

• ChuckChuck Member
    edited October 2018

@Ympker said:

@Chuck said:

What about ass?

I think algorithm wouldn't be able tell the diff between an ass and an

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2018

The default/unlimited(free) option caps your photos down to 16Megapixels, this might be alright for most mobile phone cameras but if you plan to click photos off a DSLR or similar, it might be better to upgrade your account storage and then store the photos using account storage -- there's an option for this which you'll have to switch to in Google Photos to store at higher quality.

Thanked by 3torrbox Ympker Rami

• 0 tooo...

• @SpeedBus said:
    if you plan to click photos off a DSLR or similar, it might be better to upgrade your account storage and then store the photos using account storage

At which point it might be a better idea to pay for cold storage or unlimited backup unless a gallery is needed too.

• ~30 GB as per the usage stats.

Thanked by 1Ympker

• As long as I remember when you choose unlimited option, your photos size will become to less than 1 Megabyte. My photos size is about 3-5 Megabyte average before they are resized, so I don't choose the unlimited option...

• How did you manage to get 80GB?

• @Stradale said:
    How did you manage to get 80GB?

6 months in Australia with a camera and gopro :)

• saibalsaibal Member
    edited October 2018

From Google Photos Help:

Unlimited free storage.
    Photos are compressed to save space. If a photo is larger than 16MP, it will be resized to 16MP.
    You can print good quality 16MP photos in sizes up to 24 inches x 16 inches.
    Videos higher than 1080p will be resized to high-definition 1080p. 
    A video with 1080p or less will look close to the original. Some information, like closed captions, might be lost.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • AuroraZAuroraZ Barred
    edited October 2018

#meh not a single solitary pixel.

• nsa said still got storage for your pic. :p

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @Timtimo13 said:

@Chuck said:
    I think they have someone to check your photos

Too expensive I think. Some algorithm will do the job.

Image processing with AI actually

• What's the plan that gives unlimited storage in Google drive with only some upload limit of 700gb per day?

But like 400 GB on OneDrive.
    As I think about it: does OneDrive also have such a „resizing“ „Feature“?

I don’t think so, right?
    Because that space does count against my storage budget (1TB / office 365).

• vpsGODvpsGOD Member, Host Rep

unlimited : uploaded full quality photos direct from mobile and camera.

• According to my storage page currently
    "Google Photos ‒ 65.08 GB"

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited October 2018

Zero.

I'm already creeped out by how it tags me, wherever I'm lurking in the background, (family pics on my parent's phone.)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • ChuckChuck Member
    edited October 2018

@vimalware said:
    Zero.

I'm already creeped out by how it tags me, wherever I'm lurking in the background, (family pics on my parent's phone.)

That exactly it's supposed to do.
    You should stop "lurking in the background". Don't make it to think that you're the possible suspect. That would make you to land on government's "naughty list".

Same shit with amazon:

https://slate.com/technology/2018/05/amazon-is-working-with-police-to-provide-facial-recognition-surveillance.html

• @vimalware said:

Google sees you when you're sleeping.
    Google knows when you're awake.
    Google knows if you've been bad or good.
    So be good for goodness sake.

• saibalsaibal Member
    edited October 2018

@donli said:

@vimalware said:

Google sees you when you're sleeping.
    Google knows when you're awake.
    Google knows if you've been bad or good.
    So be good for goodness sake.

So Santa is real?

• @saibal said:

So Santa is real?

s/nta/tan/

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited October 2018

Google is certainly a Santa wannabe.

The only thing Google cannot copy from Santa is Santa's GDPR immunity.

• Google photos, the odd one or 2 that i needed to shove somewhere but I try to avoid using it if I can.

• Around 100gb

Thanked by 1Ympker