Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CyberPanel Who Is Using It?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CyberPanel Who Is Using It?

Found out about a few weeks ago and was happy to see a panel that had finally integrated Open Litespeed. I have been using it for a month or so for some hobby sites, I don't think I would use it for a production shared server.

Anybody else using it and have any thoughts on it? Has anybody taken a dive into the code to see what it looks like?

Comments

• A simple search instead of opening a new thread would've told you lots

• @kkrajk said:
    A simple search instead of opening a new thread would've told you lots

Except what I was asking for in the title of my thread? Why would I sift through a bunch of threads that do not address the main question I asked? So I can collect names of people that mention they have something to do with it in each thread?

Get off your high horse and get your feet back on the ground.

• ChuckCK said: Get off your high horse and get your feet back on the ground.

I'm assuming you're just trying to meet the 25 non spammy posts for the tag

I laughed.

• @Foul said:

ChuckCK said: Get off your high horse and get your feet back on the ground.

I'm assuming you're just trying to meet the 25 non spammy posts for the tag

I laughed.

Less spammy then what has been posted in replies. Your name suits you.

• We use cyberpanel for our free hosting and it is great.
    Also use it for a few idling VPS.
    Only issue is the WHMCS module not provisioning accounts correctly leaving a lot of manual work after a new client signs up so their sites are operational.
    More work than we’d like to do for free hosting but for its use cases, it is the best control panel we have found to use for our free hosting clients.

They have regular updates and support is exceptional. @cyberpersons is the creator so maybe ask him questions directly.

For shared hosting where you expect clients to pay then no, it is not fully ready plus I find it highly unethical to charge for a control panel I have acquired free.

Thanked by 1ChuckCK
  • Web Host Lite $28 per month, good for an end user panel, but it is not as good as cPanel and is much more expensive.

• @websitehostingvps have you read the thread title? or just trying to increase your post count?

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

@HostDoc said:
    We use cyberpanel for our free hosting and it is great.
    Only issue is the WHMCS module not provisioning accounts correctly leaving a lot of manual work after a new client signs up so their sites are operational.
    More work than we’d like to do for free hosting but for its use cases, it is the best control panel we have found to use for our free hosting clients.

They have regular updates and support is exceptional. @cyberpersons is the creator so maybe ask him questions directly.

For shared hosting where you expect clients to pay then no, it is not fully ready plus I find it highly unethical to charge for a control panel I have acquired free.

any idea about the blesta automation module

• @websitehostingvps said:
    Web Host Lite $28 per month, good for an end user panel, but it is not as good as cPanel and is much more expensive.

That's the cost of LiteSpeed license, CyberPanel free version uses OpenLiteSpeed instead of LiteSpeed, their site is confusing and they should use different domain for each control panel.

• I use it an I like it, however, I hate the fact they keep releasing new features and not improving old ones and the whole panel looks good but needs a lot of improvements imo, if instead of keep releasing features they spent time improving old ones the panel would have looked more well done.

Thanked by 1ChuckCK
  • @agentmishra said:

@HostDoc said:

Sorry but no.
    If it's anything like WHMCS, it will create the account and set quotas but non of the DNS settings will propagate and your nameservers magically go missing meaning each signup has to be manually configured each and every time.

• @HostDoc said:

@agentmishra said:

@HostDoc said:

Sorry but no.
    If it's anything like WHMCS, it will create the account and set quotas but non of the DNS settings will propagate and your nameservers magically go missing meaning each signup has to be manually configured each and every time.

maybe @jetchirag can fix this? :)

Thanked by 1jetchirag
  • @HostDoc said:

Can you please message me with more info about whmcs issue?

• LampardLampard Member, Patron Provider

@agentmishra said:

@HostDoc said:

CyberPanel module for Blesta is almost non-functional, lot of bugs and hence can't be used for automation. I myself used that module and it was quite frustrating to use it. Been complaining since months but no solution yet, have to do everything manually in CyberPanel.

• cyberpersonscyberpersons Member
    edited October 2018

@websitehostingvps

$28 is not the price for CyberPanel only, $26 is the price of LiteSpeed Web Server Enterprise (Web Host Lite)

What's included in the cost?

CyberPanel Enterprise with a LiteSpeed Web Server license (depending on the plan) is included in the cost.

Apart from that, you can use CyberPanel completely free with OpenLiteSpeed https://docs.cyberpanel.net/doku.php?id=installation

@Lampard I've already reported issues on Blesta forums regarding bugs in the module.

@desfire Feel free to report bugs on github/here/our forums, so they can be addressed.

• Hello
    This is a nice panel
    I have a small issue: I try to install it on a Hetzner Cloud. Cyberpanel see the local disk but I have no idea how to make.it.use the attached volume even if it is mounted.

Thank you

Thanked by 1cybertech
  • Yup same issue here.

Thanked by 1HWAYS