Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for 6u colocation in southwestern US
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for 6u colocation in southwestern US

johnklosjohnklos Member
edited October 2018 in Requests

Hello, all LowEndTalk folks!

I'm looking for a place to colocate 6U of equipment with 4 amps at 120 volts, 100 Mbps of transit (preferably on gigabit), two static IPv4 IPs, and IPv6. Most of the traffic would be incoming.

I saw that dts-net.com on WHT has decent pricing and has colo in Nevada, but my communication with them was very disappointing (they were unable to answer questions with unambiguous yes or no answers - everything was a poorly worded explanation without clear answers. While I don't anticipate having issues, the lack of good communication skills would make trying to diagnose an issue VERY difficult.

The biggest issue with them is that they don't allow access to customers, even if just for installation. Since my server is close to 140 pounds, and since I'm fastidious about setting things up properly the first time, this won't do.

Does anyone have any other ideas or suggestions? I'd prefer southern California, perhaps San Jose / San Francisco area, Phoenix, Las Vegas, or anywhere within about three hundred miles of Los Angeles. Thanks!

Thanked by 1gol3m

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Talk with fiberhub.

@Rob_T has some 1/4 cab options.

Francisco

• I usually would be looking at either Internap or Equinix for those requirements. I don't know if they will still do quarter or half cabinets but they did have them in most of their colo data centers in the past. I think Equinix still does shared space if that doesn't bother you.

Both offer colo in the area that you mentioned. I've used both but only in their northeast and midwest data centers.

• BradyHBradyH Member, Host Rep

usually you need a half rack that is in its own casing to have access to it. For security most COLO companies won't allow you to have access to a shared rack.

• Shoot a line to Chad at https://www.smsaz.com/. They're located in PNAP in Phoenix and got me a pretty solid deal for a couple Us (with physical access).

• Fiberhub, Internap, Equinix: I'm not a fan of sites that have lots of salespeak on them and no pricing, but I'll send an email to each of them.

@Rob_T I'll send a message to Rob, too.

@CenTexHosting I know some datacenters do that, but I wouldn't call it usual. Colocating all around the world for the last 25 years, I've only come across one place that wouldn't give access. Anyhow, I have insurance and only really need access to install.

@daxterfellowes I'll contact Chad, too.

Thanks, everyone :smiley:

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

johnklos said: Fiberhub, Internap, Equinix: I'm not a fan of sites that have lots of salespeak on them and no pricing, but I'll send an email to each of them.

FH has pricing, but you'd want to find their WHT offers to get the latest/greatest.

I can vouch for them. Our Vegas location is there and we have a cage there. Great people to work with and have gone above and beyond to help. Just make sure you pay the lady and you'll not get the shoe.

Francisco

• BradyHBradyH Member, Host Rep

@johnklos I am in LA for the next few days working at the DC if you wanted to chat about your COLO needs.

• NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

You can contact QuadraNET @QuadraNet_Adam, we are with them in Los Angeles, great experience and always pleasure to work with.