Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Arubacloud Location Roulette - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Arubacloud Location Roulette

Comments

• @vimalware said:
    For $5 , I can buy nearly a kilo of arabica beans here. White people be crazy ;)

3 KG here

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • Thank you, another server in UK for me.

• Too many idle server ...... Must resist.........

Thanked by 1default
  • Shame there is no way to combine them, or for EUR5, you could get 5GB RAM and an epic VPS.

• @realbusiness said:
    Shame there is no way to combine them, or for EUR5, you could get 5GB RAM and an epic VPS.

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade -y
    sudo apt-get install vps-merge ramexpand

• @Yura said:

@realbusiness said:
    Shame there is no way to combine them, or for EUR5, you could get 5GB RAM and an epic VPS.

Thank you, that worked! But now I have 10GB ram :dizzy:

• @realbusiness said:

@Yura said:

@realbusiness said:

Intel bug. It's actually 5GB. Works across datacenters too.

• I can only grab UK and IT. Can not get myself into DE or PL locations :-( Anyone had any luck with randomly using the other locations? I am doing the same-name thing, to get them on all locations.

• I got IT and CZ when I tried them a while ago. Great quality, but their panel is horrific :neutral:

• @gol3m said:
    I got IT and CZ when I tried them a while ago. Great quality, but their panel is horrific :neutral:

You have not seen Ikoula's yet!

• @Yura said:

@realbusiness said:

@Yura said:

@realbusiness said:

Intel bug. It's actually 5GB. Works across datacenters too.

Anyone tried if this can be combined with "timewarp" package too, and use VPS from past and future (not just present) across multiple datacenters?

Thanked by 2Yura gol3m
  • Yura said: You have not seen Ikoula's yet!

Yeah I haven't because they asked for my ID so I cancelled the order. :smile: And because their promos are not recurring.

By the way, does anyone know how set up IPv6 on arubacloud? There is no PTR for IPv6, is there?

• @gol3m said: By the way, does anyone know how set up IPv6 on arubacloud? There is no PTR for IPv6, is there?

I asked them about this months ago, and they never replied. Let us know if you make progress on this!

Thanked by 1gol3m
  • @angstrom said:

@gol3m said: By the way, does anyone know how set up IPv6 on arubacloud? There is no PTR for IPv6, is there?

I asked them about this months ago, and they never replied. Let us know if you make progress on this!

Several months ago I opened a ticket requesting this, and they simply replied with a “Rejected”. So I guess they are not going to support this

Thanked by 1gol3m
  • @Kousaka said:

@angstrom said:

@gol3m said: By the way, does anyone know how set up IPv6 on arubacloud? There is no PTR for IPv6, is there?

Several months ago I opened a ticket requesting this, and they simply replied with a “Rejected”. So I guess they are not going to support this

Okay, this is additional confirmation that IPv6 on the cheap €1/m plans is not for real (unless anyone can show otherwise).

Thanked by 1gol3m
  • Sure that you didn't accidentally prematurely delete your name+md4sum address you used before they responded?

• @angstrom said:

@Kousaka said:

@angstrom said:

Okay, this is additional confirmation that IPv6 on the cheap €1/m plans is not for real (unless anyone can show otherwise).

I have a UK instance and two IT1. I have only tested on the UK but I have a routable IPV6 address.

I'm IPV6 stupid per say, so I'm not sure what exactly is PII in this, so I went overboard, but verification.

https://i.imgur.com/7HWyYAu.png

and

https://i.imgur.com/9Tjp0jC.png

Thanked by 1gol3m
  • mlimli Member

@angstrom said:

My 1€ plans in UK, DE and FR all have working IPv6. I asked about IPv6 reverse DNS / PTR records from Aruba about a year ago and they said that it's not supported.

Thanked by 1gol3m
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited October 2018

IPv6 on Aruba works, but PTR is not supported.

What seems strange is that, it's 1eur, it works, it has working IPv6 and we are still unhappy. Next we also want free cpanel lifetime license with free Windows server included.

Personally, I am happy with this. If someone does not like it, do not buy and move on with other offers. Black Friday will be up in 50 days and my guess is LET will be bursting with ColoCrossing offers from retailers, especially now.

• gol3mgol3m Member
    edited October 2018

default said: What seems strange is that, it's 1eur, it works, it has working IPv6 and we are still unhappy. Next we also want free cpanel lifetime license with free Windows server included.

It's a bit like scaleway: They (scaleway) offer IPv6, but your /64 changes every reboot (unless they changed that). It's alright for the 2€ plan, but they offer much more expensive plans that don't have good value. So I think it's fair to criticize.

• angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited October 2018

If IPv6 works, that's good news, but if the /64 is subject to change on a reboot, that's not such good news.

At any rate, my conclusion earlier this year was that IPv6 wasn't fully functional, but perhaps the situation is better now.

• mfsmfs Banned, Member
    edited October 2018

Please consider this:

mo ipv6 mo problems

only Croatia and Lithuania give less flying fucks about IPv6; the fact that Aruba is mostly working with public administration (Actalis, PEC, SPID, pratiche.it, public procurement, self-proclaimed GDPR leaders with the CISPE initiative, now they're building another HYPER CLOUD DC in Rome just for gov/public administration & the like) doesn't help as well, since p.a. simply doesn't care. IPv4 just werks, let's keep IPv4. You'll find caring ISPs operating directly in MIX/NaMeX/TOP-IX but they don't live in the same market Aruba plays in and ISPs for residential lines just don't care. So, don't be surprised if IPv6 support seems an afterthought in some DCs. Aruba tries to play internationally but they have more than one reason to think locally. I'm even surprised there's IPv6 at all, so be grateful lol

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited October 2018

Aruba Invoice Roulette!
    Guys, whatever you do don't setup automatic payments (I didn't). I was billed twice for different customers' services, in Italian. Confusing as hell! Must be some form of information breach? I even asked them to delete my account but they won't comply, at least perhaps until the few domain names expire: I already trashed the Cloud VPS.
    They even touted to renew my .eu domains which could likely be invalid post-Brexit.
    Have fun; your mileage may vary. ;-)

self-proclaimed GDPR leaders

They're having a giraffe.

• @gol3m said:

default said: What seems strange is that, it's 1eur, it works, it has working IPv6 and we are still unhappy. Next we also want free cpanel lifetime license with free Windows server included.

It's a bit like scaleway: They (scaleway) offer IPv6, but your /64 changes every reboot (unless they changed that).

Since when do they provide a /64???

• donlidonli Member
    edited October 2018

@AlwaysSkint said:

Guys, whatever you do don't setup automatic payments (I didn't).

For anyone (Including your electric company as I once received a monthly electric bill for $100,000+ when the meter reader made an entry error).

• I just create 3 vps all on UK location which I prefer.

• I've just added 1 and got the UK, handy

• @Shot2 said:

@gol3m said:

It's a bit like scaleway: They (scaleway) offer IPv6, but your /64 changes every reboot (unless they changed that).

Since when do they provide a /64???

They don't? I'm sorry. I did not keep it enabled when I realized it's pointless and it's been a while.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited October 2018

"Random" haha.

• @Neoon said:
    "Random" haha.

Thanked by 1gol3m