Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MXroute.io has been acquired by MailChannels
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MXroute.io has been acquired by MailChannels

wiggl3wiggl3 Member
edited October 2018 in General

Just received this:

It is our pleasure to let you know that MailChannels has acquired MXroute.io. Your MXroute.io account will soon be upgraded to a full MailChannels Cloud account.

Your current payment method (i.e. PayPal) has been disconnected from MXroute.io. When your next MXroute.io renewal payment is due, you will need to accept having your payment go to a new PayPal account operated by MailChannels, otherwise your service will be discontinued.

We are working hard to transition you to a full MailChannels account before the end of November, at which time we will contact you with further instructions. MailChannels generally bills its customers by credit card; however, we do allow PayPal pre-payments in increments of USD $50 or more.

FAQ

Will my price stay the same?
Your pricing has not changed and will not change for the rest of the year.

Can I keep my current price next year?
If you convert to an annual term before the end of December, you can maintain the current price through the end of that annual period.

What currency will I be billed in?
During the transition period, you will continue to be billed in whichever currency in which you are currently billed. After the transition period, you will be billed in US Dollars.

What if I need support?
For support, please contact [email protected] to open a ticket.

What if I have a billing issue?
For billing issues, please contact [email protected].

Is VAT included in my payments?
MailChannels is a Canadian corporation, and as such does not collect VAT except from Canadian customers. Canadian customers must pay the Goods and Services Tax (GST) or Harmonized Sales Tax (HST).

Please feel free to reply to this message if you have any questions or concerns. I look forward to interacting with you more as a direct customer of MailChannels.

Sincerely,

Miguel Varela, Founder & CEO, MXroute.io

Ken Simpson, Founder and CEO, MailChannels

It's obvious that pricing won't stay the same. This acquisition is a bummer. Anyone knows of an alternative to mxroute.io?

Thanked by 1eva2000

Comments

• TomTom Member
    edited October 2018

It's probably important to note that THIS IS NOT .COM & this is not ran by jarland. As far as I know .com is staying how it is and always has been..

• gg, not

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

wiggl3 said: Your pricing has not changed and will not change for the rest of the year.

Rest of the year.

We need a popcorn emoji.

Francisco

• Smart move by mailchannels, get the whining about no more super discounted mailchannels reselling over with and put a muzzle on any long term irrational statements regarding it.

• Oh, well, it was fun while it lasted.

I wonder who gets to keep the domain mxroute.io .

• Interesting form of rebrand...

Thanked by 1sambling
  • OmgpleaseReadOmgpleaseRead Member
    edited October 2018

@angstrom probably will get tons of posts on texas law and Portugal law and the applicability of eu laws in texas and in the end mailChannels will step in and end the inevitable bickering

• Any acquisition details? how much mailchannel has paid?

• @crpatel Sure they took out a full page announcement in the Wall Street Journal heralding the acquisition of a company that most likely did way south of 100K in revenue

• @Francisco said:
    We need a popcorn emoji.

???

🍿

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

I lol'd.

Thanked by 2mikho Junkless
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited October 2018

@crpatel said:
    Any acquisition details? how much mailchannel has paid?

7$

Btw, isn't it strange that @Mike_PT who usually has no problem talking a lot didn't give us a hint or at least inform us himself once the deal was signed?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • LeeLee Veteran

jsg said: Btw, isn't it strange that @Mike_PT who usually has no problem talking a lot didn't give us a hint or at least inform us himself once the deal was signed?

Maybe that was part of the agreement. Not uncommon.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • wiggl3wiggl3 Member
    edited October 2018

@jsg said:
    Btw, isn't it strange that @Mike_PT who usually has no problem talking a lot didn't give us a hint or at least inform us himself once the deal was signed?

When I go on @Mike_PT's profile, it says User Not Found... 🤔

Edit: Nvm there's no underscore on his username lol

Anyway, I tihnk I'll be using Sendgrid now.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Howdy guys,

@jsg said:

@crpatel said:
    Any acquisition details? how much mailchannel has paid?

7$

We notified our active clients today. I havent been active in LET other than the casual click to check any interesting news. Life has been too stressing and lots of stuff happening. You can also understand that given the drama that usually occurs it really hasnt much interest for us as a company to participate here.

Other than that. Guys. Its been an amazing ride. Seriously. This was a tough business decision that took months to plan and I will really miss our clients.

I made sure to be reasonable in the whole agreement. Existing clients wont have any price increases until next year. Existing clients can lock their pricing by pre-paying for a full year. This is, by all means, a reasonable offer given the fact that we were acquired. It may happen in any acquisition, this one not being different. I trust Ken will do the best for our clients. We have been in talks every day and trust me, all clients are valuable for MailChannels, even the small developer that signs up for a 5 EUR plan.
    I can no longer take any business decisions. Given the fact that the reseller model has changed (still is in fact), we had to take decisions. Either deadpool or keep our clients. We decided to discuss further with MailChannels and allow our superb clients to stick with MailChannels. Any issue with the pricing, well, pre-paying for a year solves that.

I hope you guys can understand our position here and vouch for MailChannels, that could simply increase prices for everyone just today. They are not doing that, yet. Upon speaking to Ken many times, I do ensure you that he is an excellent guy, that has been improving MailChannels a lot.

Thank you for the amazing experience. It was the first time I sold a company / division, this is all new for me.
    We are nowadays targetting to the enterprise market and will have news soon.

Once again, thank you, all our clients, for the amazing ride. You guys rock and I will miss you a lot.

@Lee said:

jsg said: Btw, isn't it strange that @Mike_PT who usually has no problem talking a lot didn't give us a hint or at least inform us himself once the deal was signed?

Maybe that was part of the agreement. Not uncommon.

Lee,

Indeed. Its under NDA. Its not like IBM was acquired by MailChannels! MXroute.io was a small division :-).

Cheers,

Thanked by 1Lee

@Tom said:
    It's probably important to note that THIS IS NOT .COM & this is not ran by jarland. As far as I know .com is staying how it is and always has been..

I made sure to be clear this is mxroute.io. I wish the best to Jarland and I hope his company grows and succeeds. As for the rebranding, all clients will be migrated to the MailChannels billing platform so the mxroute.io will eventually just redirect. The domain is being transferred as well.

Thanked by 1Tom

@OmgpleaseRead said:
    @crpatel Sure they took out a full page announcement in the Wall Street Journal heralding the acquisition of a company that most likely did way south of 100K in revenue

$7.

First, apologies. It was absolutely not ill will to spell @MikePT wrongly.

For the rest I agree that MikePT at least didn't simply dump his clients but achieved a reasonable compromise with the mailchannel people. That said I do not see any reason why mailchannel wouldn't drive customers hard into the mailchannel pricing model.

While I'm not a customer of either for me MXroute always was associated with @jar whom and whose MXroute I wish well.

MikePT has little time and interest to be here? No problem, no problem at all, really.

Thanked by 1MikePT
    edited October 2018

@jsg said:
    First, apologies. It was absolutely not ill will to spell @MikePT wrongly.

For the rest I agree that MikePT at least didn't simply dump his clients but achieved a reasonable compromise with the mailchannel people. That said I do not see any reason why mailchannel wouldn't drive customers hard into the mailchannel pricing model.

While I'm not a customer of either for me MXroute always was associated with @jar whom and whose MXroute I wish well.

MikePT has little time and interest to be here? No problem, no problem at all, really.

Not referring to you, nothing against you or anyone. Lately I lost interest, got tired of LET. The whole CC ordeal didnt help either. I would rather have the mods we had and am not willing to contribute to their traffic stats / ads gains. I guess you can say that I no longer have time for forums, I do read LET sometimes though!

• He will be back. Its not even a rage quit like before

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Nice one, well done @MikePT

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

It was a stole division eyes

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@MikePT So what's @jar's cut on this? Since he obviously promoted it early on and helped you build this up using his existing brand recognition

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • Fair play! Good luck with your next venture!

• Hey folks

• LeeLee Veteran

Harambe said: @MikePT So what's @jar's cut on this? Since he obviously promoted it early on and helped you build this up using his existing brand recognition

That's between the two of them, not you or anyone else.

Thanked by 1iKeyZ

@Harambe said:
    @MikePT So what's @jar's cut on this? Since he obviously promoted it early on and helped you build this up using his existing brand recognition

Let me guess: 0$

Thanked by 2Harambe netomx
  • LeeLee Veteran

MXroute.io was dead anyway so there were really only two options, shut it down or Mailchannels buy it, the latter is the better deal.

According to the email by the OP people keep their pricing until the end of the year at the earliest. Switch to an annual plan before year end and keep the pricing until the end of 2019. If it goes up too high you have plenty of time to find an alternative.

This should be all about the fee paying client and what is good for them not who got what out of the sale

Thanked by 2iKeyZ MichaelCee
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@jsg said:

@Harambe said:

Let me guess: 0$

Jesus, even the $7 meme would've been better than that.

Jarland deserves half. He put his name and his own marketing behind it.

Francisco