Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

About warehouse for servers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

About warehouse for servers

Hello guys,I want to know if there is a warehouse can store servers and routres,There are some servers will uninstall from cabinets, we want to find a place for store them, the location is Fremont,CA

Comments

• interesed in sell in bulk ? i am opened to buy all, pm for more details.

• @coicu

Wait, if you want those shipped to Europe, wouldn't it cost a fortune? (assuming you aren't using ship freight)

• cociu have ship company

cmiiw

• Your best bet it to try to make a deal with the DC for their extra unused space, to buy some for storage. I know in one facility, their entire level above the roof was unbuilt and empty. We were able to store equipment there for a short time.

Failing that, you can have someone local rent a storage unit and act as your courier to transfer equipment from your location to that storage facility. Probably run you less than $75/month and will store many many racks!

Thanked by 1hahamirror
  • @shell said:
    cociu have ship company

cmiiw

Cociu have private Boeing 787

• @daxterfellowes said:
    Your best bet it to try to make a deal with the DC for their extra unused space, to buy some for storage. I know in one facility, their entire level above the roof was unbuilt and empty. We were able to store equipment there for a short time.

Failing that, you can have someone local rent a storage unit and act as your courier to transfer equipment from your location to that storage facility. Probably run you less than $75/month and will store many many racks!

Thank you for reply, Can you recommend a facility for storage in bay area CA, $75/month is very cheap,Where is it ?

• cociu has F-22 and an army that can take care of everyone's sister :smiley:

• @hahamirror said:

@daxterfellowes said:
    Your best bet it to try to make a deal with the DC for their extra unused space, to buy some for storage. I know in one facility, their entire level above the roof was unbuilt and empty. We were able to store equipment there for a short time.

Thank you for reply, Can you recommend a facility for storage in bay area CA, $75/month is very cheap,Where is it ?

Well, that unfortunately I can't help you with (beyond Google searching). $75 is a starting price point but only reflect the Phoenix metro area and will greatly depend in the bay area regarding size and that location.

Thanked by 1hahamirror
  • @hahamirror said:
    Hello guys,I want to know if there is a warehouse can store servers and routres,There are some servers will uninstall from cabinets, we want to find a place for store them, the location is Fremont,CA

Are the servers unplugged, offline? If so, just rent a storage unit.

Found this on google: https://www.safkeep.com/self-storage-locations/california/fremont-ca-storage-units/44705-Osgood-Road

5' x 5' is only $77.

Thanked by 1hahamirror
  • Why not store it at the data center I'm sure they have available secure storage for a few bucks a month.

Thanked by 1hahamirror
  • @HashTag said:
    Why not store it at the data center I'm sure they have available secure storage for a few bucks a month.

I know some straight up will not want to keep equipment because of the liability. Others charge abhorrent fees for storage. Mostly they just want to keep spare parts on hand rather than full systems. But I'd definitely say it'd be much more helpful to have it sorted on site if it's marginal above a storage unit.

Thanked by 1hahamirror
  • Are the servers unplugged, offline? If so, just rent a storage unit.

Found this on google: https://www.safkeep.com/self-storage-locations/california/fremont-ca-storage-units/44705-Osgood-Road

5' x 5' is only $77.

Thank you very much!!!!!

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

Be sure there is air conditionning and no humidity !

Thanked by 1hahamirror