Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[India] - Elastic VPS, Docker and Container based Platform-as-a-service - Free Trial
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[India] - Elastic VPS, Docker and Container based Platform-as-a-service - Free Trial

leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran
edited September 2018 in Offers

Hello LET members,

I am Ishan from Leapswitch Networks. We have had hugely successful LET/LEB posts here, here and here.

We are launching a new , never seen before on LET , Elastic VPS offering called CloudJiffy . Watch a 2 minute video

Signup for your free 14 day trial here - https://cloudjiffy.com/

CloudJiffy is based on Virtuozzo 7 / Jelastic and has the following main features -

• Automatic Vertical scaling - Set your container to 128 MB RAM and let it scale upto 128 GB of RAM , as and when required. Best option for LET's Idling Containers
  • Cloudlets - Containers are set and measured in Cloudlets used - each cloudlet is 128MB RAM and 400Mhz CPU
  • Hourly Billing - Your container(s) are billed per hour, based on number of Cloudlets used.
  • Platform-as-a-service - Don't wish to manage a VPS? Let CloudJiffy setup a Micro-services architecture for you
  • Supported Platforms - Instantly run PHP, Java, NodeJS, Ruby, Python, Go, .NET and Docker based applications.
  • Docker Hub - CloudJiffy connects to Docker Hub so that you can deploy any public or private Docker template.

CloudJiffy also has a large number of DevOps features -

• Web SSH/RDP - Web based SSH and RDP within CloudJiffy portal - No need to use Putty.
  • File manager - Edit config files, application files, upload/remove files and folders within the portal.
  • Statistics - View CPU, RAM, Disk, Traffic stats within CloudJiffy on a per container basis.
  • Logging - View application and container logs within the interface.
  • Clone Environments - Clone running VPS, containers or entire environments.
  • Collaborations - Collaborate with users giving them limited/unlimited access to one or more environments.
  • Alerts - Automated load alerts are setup for each of your containers are configurable through the interface.
  • Horizontal Scaling - Setup triggers and load balancers for automated horizontal scaling.

Interested ? Here is how Pricing works - (USD 1 = INR 70)

• Cloudlets - INR 45 - 60 per cloudlet per month (128MB RAM / 400Mhz CPU)
  • Storage - 20GB SSD Free - INR 2 - 4 per GB per month for additional storage.
  • Traffic - 1GB / hour Free - INR 2 - 4 per GB per hour for additional bandwidth.
  • Public IPv4 - INR 100 per month - Private IPv4 and subdomains are included.

Billing is currently INR only, USD will be added next month. Billing is pre-paid via fund addition with a minimum of INR 500 ($7) .

What does $7 (INR 490) get you for an entire month -

• Cloudlets - Average 3200Mhz CPU - 1GB RAM - 8 Cloudlet consumption
  • Storage - 20GB SSD Free
  • Traffic - 1GB / hour Free - 720-730GB in a month
  • Public IPv4 - 1 Public IPv4, Private IPv4 and Subdomain (CNAME/A record).

We are the only Provider on LET to bill on Average Actual Resource Consumption, not Plans or Limits. On our normal VPS range, we see 20% Average Actual Resource Consumption, leading to upto 80% cost savings compared to other Cloud/VPS providers.

Datacenter, Server Hardware and Network -

• Pune based Tier 3 Datacenter - Neosoft Technologies - Same datacenter used by Leapswitch Services
  • TATA, Vodafone, Airtel and NIXI network
  • Intel Xeon E5 Servers with 256-512GB RAM
  • 1000mbps network - 100mbps limit per container
  • SSD RAID10 (speed/iops limitations apply to each container)
  • 99.99% Network and Power uptime SLA

Support options -

Upcoming locations -

• Asheville, USA
  • Germany
  • Australia
  • Japan

Payment methods -

• USD - Major Credit Cards (via Stripe)
  • INR - Credit cards/Debit Cards/Net Banking (Indians, via Instamojo)
  • Check / Cash / NEFT (HDFC, Kotak)

Why Leapswitch Networks -

• #1 Company in Pune (top 10 in India) according to number of domains hosted. - 25000+
  • Registered Pvt Ltd. firm - 12th year in business (Since 2006)
  • 24x7 Live Technical Support and Monitoring
  • Fully Owned Hardware - Servers, Power, Network Equipment and IPs - We do not Resell
  • Brand Name Genuine SuperMicro and ASUS Hardware
  • Operations in 19 locations worldwide
  • Serving 16000+ customers from 110+ countries

We look forward to your questions and feedback!

Ishan

Comments

• Why not just list prices in USD or EUR instead Indian Rupee? More easy to understand.

Also KVM will be much better than OVZ.

• leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited September 2018

@Hukin said:
    Why not just list prices in USD or EUR instead Indian Rupee? More easy to understand.

Also KVM will be much better than OVZ.

Currently this is available only in India so the entire setup is made with Indian users in mind. We are adding Europe, USA and other parts of Asia soon, so we will add USD / EUR as well.

KVM cannot resize real-time like OVZ. CloudJiffy resizes CPU, RAM, Disk as per traffic, processes and historical usage. Also, using the Micro-services architecture, each service is is built on a separate container. Containers being lighter than full VMs, this makes the entire environment use lower resources. The USP of CloudJiffy is Automatic Vertical Scaling.

Thanked by 1Hukin
  • leapswitch said: KVM cannot resize real-time like OVZ.

Never mind.

• Just tried it out. Looks cool. But frankly speaking is relatively hard to get started with. Was a bit confused about what to chose for a custom application. Just left it midway and deployed a WP template from the marketplace section. Provisioning took a few minutes. It was longer than expected. Since this was supposed to use containers I was expecting to it spin up in seconds. But soon provisioned WP was up and running. Uploaded a couple of images and published a post. After fiddling for a few minutes and reading the deployment guide managed to deploy the hello world example application. But couldn't figure out how to connect to MySQL. Again had to check the docs to understand that the password was emailed to me. (Don't remember the GUI telling this to me.) Then was able to browse the DB using PHPMyAdmin.

Overall, looks decent. Any PaaS needs some time to learn. I remember getting started with Heroku also required reading a fair bit of stuff.

Pricing at the current moment looks super complicated! You guys need to make it easy to understand. Here are some calculations:

For 1GB of RAM and 3.2GHZ of CPU = 8 cloudlets = Rs. 600 (~ USD 9)
    40 GB Disk Space = Rs. 80 (~ USD 1.15)
    100GB of bandwidth = Rs. 400 (~USD 6)

So around USD 16-17. Is this calculations correct? Considering this is fully managed PaaS that's very cheap!! Heroku and App Engine are much more expensive than this. Beanstalk with AWS IaaS pricing is quite near to this. But it is even harder to use.

Does the doc mention any fair use policy? Can I use those 8 cloudlets at 80-90% utilization 24 x 7? Some info on this front will be greatly appreciated.

Overall looks decent. But frankly, I wouldn't be putting anything critical on there until this platform proves itself for at least 2 years! You need to remove that yellow band about free tier warning! Heroku succeeded becuase of the free tier!

Still, everyone needs to start somewhere!

I hope you are not disappointed by the mixed feedback. Didn't mean to discourage you. Congratulations on launching!

Also I think if you can launch in the US, with similar pricing, you might see more adoption. Developer time is much more expensive there. :-)

edited September 2018

@simpleguy8288 said:
    Just tried it out. Looks cool. But frankly speaking is relatively hard to get started with. Was a bit confused about what to chose for a custom application. Just left it midway and deployed a WP template from the marketplace section. Provisioning took a few minutes. It was longer than expected. Since this was supposed to use containers I was expecting to it spin up in seconds. But soon provisioned WP was up and running. Uploaded a couple of images and published a post. After fiddling for a few minutes and reading the deployment guide managed to deploy the hello world example application. But couldn't figure out how to connect to MySQL. Again had to check the docs to understand that the password was emailed to me. (Don't remember the GUI telling this to me.) Then was able to browse the DB using PHPMyAdmin.

Thank you for your detailed feedback. Let me try to elaborate on this. CloudJiffy is a mixture of IaaS and PaaS , giving you the flexibility of IaaS and the ease of use of PaaS. Compared to Heroku, App Engine etc, we offer a lot more options so you can create the environment as per your requirements. We know the added options can make it confusing, so we offer a free 30-60 minute demo with a solution architect here - https://calendly.com/cloudjiffy-demo

The GUI does show up some information and pointers once the environment has been setup. We will ensure that it is a bit more detailed.

The deployment templates fetch Wordpress latest or any CMS from their official website and deploy it. Also, we create OpenVZ 7 containers for Nginx and MySQL. So it does take 2-3 minutes for deployment.

Pricing at the current moment looks super complicated! You guys need to make it easy to understand. Here are some calculations:

For 1GB of RAM and 3.2GHZ of CPU = 8 cloudlets = Rs. 600 (~ USD 9)
    40 GB Disk Space = Rs. 80 (~ USD 1.15)
    100GB of bandwidth = Rs. 400 (~USD 6)

So around USD 16-17. Is this calculations correct? Considering this is fully managed PaaS that's very cheap!! Heroku and App Engine are much more expensive than this. Beanstalk with AWS IaaS pricing is quite near to this. But it is even harder to use.

This is where we are a lot different. We are charging for actual average consumption. So if you say 1GB of RAM , it could be 512MB RAM idle for 12 hours and 1.5GB usage for remaining 12 hours of a day for the entire month. If you idle at 128MB, we charge for 128MB only.

Reserving cloudlets in advance reduces costs by upto 25%. Per cloudlet cost will go down to Rs 45 per cloudlet per month if you reserve them.

1GB per hour (730GB per month) bandwidth is included, so you are only charged if you use more than that. You can remove it from your above calculations.

We find this billing easier than most other PaaS , as we do not charge different fees for different platforms, nor do we charge for web requests, io requests etc.

Does the doc mention any fair use policy? Can I use those 8 cloudlets at 80-90% utilization 24 x 7? Some info on this front will be greatly appreciated.

See above, you are billed 100% only if you have 100% 24x7 utilization of the 8 cloudlets . If you use less, you will be charged less for those hours.

Overall looks decent. But frankly, I wouldn't be putting anything critical on there until this platform proves itself for at least 2 years! You need to remove that yellow band about free tier warning! Heroku succeeded becuase of the free tier!

CloudJiffy is based on Jelastic, which has been developing this for last 7+ years. It is used worldwide by over 50 datacenters. However, we are the most affordable of all of them.

We are already hosting 900+ customers, some of them having websites with traffic in Alexa top 1000.

The yellow band was kept in place to ensure people do not put up phishing websites for free. We did run into this problem earlier.

Also I think if you can launch in the US, with similar pricing, you might see more adoption. Developer time is much more expensive there. :-)

US is next in the pipeline. We should go live in Nov 2018.

• hostnamastehostnamaste Member, Patron Provider

Congratulations Ishan, for the CloudJiffy :)

Thanked by 1leapswitch
  • I got nothing against india, but I believe that adding "india" to your post is not a good idea.

@duckeeyuck said:
    I got nothing against india, but I believe that adding "india" to your post is not a good idea.

It shows servers are in India. Are you new to LET?

• leapswitch said: It shows servers are in India. Are you new to LET?

Not new, but the answer is simple, I thought you were showing off the fact that you're indian.
    Idk how you came to the conclusion that I'm new because I pointed out "india" tho, it just means I didn't read XD

@duckeeyuck said:

leapswitch said: It shows servers are in India. Are you new to LET?

Not new, but the answer is simple, I thought you were showing off the fact that you're indian.
    Idk how you came to the conclusion that I'm new because I pointed out "india" tho, it just means I didn't read XD

Please see other Offers section threads, most of them specify location on the subject. Please refrain from posting pointless replies.

• duckeeyuckduckeeyuck Member
    edited September 2018

leapswitch said: Please see other Offers section threads, most of them specify location on the subject. Please refrain from posting pointless replies.

It was done with my best intentions :<
    I really really really do hope that you get a lot of clients bb