Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Location India. Hosting service.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Location India. Hosting service.

Hello!
Do you trust big boys like godaddy.com or hostgator.in when it comes to shared hosting?
I'm looking for the one with servers in India.
I do not need much, but I want good customer service and do not want to get lost. Do you think using smaller hosts like hostnamaste.com is better idea to reach the goal: get good Indian based hosting service and good customer support.
Thanks.

Thanked by 1hostnamaste

Comments

• It depends on what you are hosting. If you have a lot of traffics and always facing downtime, go with the big boys. Otherwise, a cheap one man show company is also nice.

Thanked by 1hostnamaste
  • BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

I hope that this post is not a shill post.

Anyways, there are horrible stories about GoDaddy & HostGator India on different review sites. I personally haven't tried them but few of my college buddies had started their small blogs/websites on HostGator & GD only to give up the sheer hope of maintaining their website due to the amount of "difficulties" they faced.
    But some did enjoy the service.

Thanked by 1hostnamaste
  • armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

Don't go for hostgator, been a customer with them. It's ridicilous and their support is more ridicilous. No experience with godaddy though. Although using small hosts most of the time is a good choice. They have less clients and they want to build up reputation by keeping those first 'few' clients, let's say. So you might be better off with something small instead of large companies.

Regards,

Thanked by 1hostnamaste
  • DedicadudeDedicadude Member
    edited September 2018

I'd rather get a $5 do/vultr/linode/cloudways/etc and setup my own software+infrastructure than using a $10/mo shared hosting (more resources)... but for a novice user they need to pay more for premium support service...

• hostnamastehostnamaste Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2018

@Gblmbum said:
    Hello!
    Do you trust big boys like godaddy.com or hostgator.in when it comes to shared hosting?
    I do not need much, but I want good customer service and do not want to get lost. Do you think using smaller hosts like hostnamaste.com is better idea to reach the goal: get good Indian based hosting service and good customer support.
    Thanks.

Hey Gblmbum,

Thanks for asking about us, that's true, we are still a small and a new company in the Indian Hosting Market, we have our own colocation and dedicated servers in Mumbai/Pune location along with the dedicated servers in the US and Europe as well.

Mod edit: Removed the promo code

Thanked by 1armandorg
  • Whois,com has a India location. Have 2 domains with them. No downtime. Not tried their support.

https://shop.whois.com/web-hosting/index.php

• Get a Bangalore/Singapore DigitalOcean droplet, skip the headaches.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

Oh man I feel a shill, My bad I meant chill.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

@hostnamaste We are glad see new providers come along and join the forum. But we also have rules in place. Please apply for a provider tag after you met the requirements for it. I look forward to see an offer in the near future.

Thanked by 1hostnamaste
  • I had a website on hostdime India server. I did not have any problems. They increased prices so I moved my site to a cheaper host.

• hostnamastehostnamaste Member, Patron Provider

@PieNotEvenEaten said:
    @hostnamaste We are glad see new providers come along and join the forum. But we also have rules in place. Please apply for a provider tag after you met the requirements for it. I look forward to see an offer in the near future.

@PieNotEvenEaten I did mate, @AnthonySmith has told me to apply in November, as per the LET 90 day rule. Thanks for reminder though :)

• @PieNotEvenEaten said:

Haven't you seen in Quora, the questions about 'Hosting' and answers by a marketing team? Hope LET will not fall prey for such mktg experts from India.
    Sorry to say. But I feel so.

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

shil shilll shill @mods .

• XiNiXXiNiX Member, Host Rep

@Gblmbum said:
    Hello!
    Thanks.

We have our servers in Mumbai , Pune and Noida/Delhi.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

It probably is a shill account, I cant prove it, but the host in question did just get banned for bulk PM'ing unsolicited offers to members which smacks of desperation so I would assume HostNamaste is not a good choice.

• armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

@hostdare said:
    shil shilll shill @mods .

Somebody needs to create an account with that name : )

• ggwp @hostnamaste - that's the fastest ban i've seen so far...

anyway, I'd like to know what is your policy on checking users private messages? do you read their messages or just see the counter or something? i mean i don't send any pm so far but someone has been pm'ing me a dedicadude server don't even know if it's a legit offer... nowadays... scammers everywhere...

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2018

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/136870/rules-for-selling-on-lowendtalk-updated-04th-sep-2018

tl;dr: No unsolicited PM offers, admins/staff can see anyone's inbox as simple as clicking on it.

• Sofia_KSofia_K Member
    edited September 2018

Go with ONLY big-brands in India (There are hardly 2 or 3). As majority of web hosts in India are summer-hosts (fly by night) have unreliable service. Best way, get a server directly with reputed ISPs like Reliance, Tata, Sify, Airtel if you really want to have site hosted in India and expect decent up-time and support.

Also, earlier I pointed in another post that India had over 100 Internet shut-downs in 2017-18 and as such all data-transfer was stopped for days together by the government. So if you are planning to host your sites/server/vps anything in India, then be ready to get maximum downtime.

Same goes with neighboring Pakistan, Nepal, Sri Lank, and Bangladesh too. I've seen a few good offers from Bangladesh but yet to test the network quality as they don't have many top level ISPs.

Also, bandwidth costs in India and their neighbours are x6 more than of U.S. or other Asian countries. And the speed of Internet is one of slowest in the Asia. (check google for the reports).

Considering all these drawbacks which play a crucial role in hosting-industry, I would suggest OP should find a better region like Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia as they are have ample of reliable Low end, affordable and even enterprise hosting plans from many providers.

I was with DO's Bangalore location for my vps and bunnycdn trial. My static files from Cloudflare's Singapore location served on my Indian VPN was damn faster than serving from DO. Don't know if DO or their upstream providers had traffic congestion or bad network in the region. But later, I removed that location and shifted DO's two other Asian locations.

• Sofia_KSofia_K Member
    edited September 2018

@Hukin said:
    Whois,com has a India location. Have 2 domains with them. No downtime. Not tried their support.

https://shop.whois.com/web-hosting/index.php

those plan listed on whois.com are from ResellerClub/Logic Boxes/Directi (which is EIG - Endurance)

so best to avoid as its a crappy service as everyone knows.

• Sofia_K said: best to avoid as its a crappy service as everyone knows.

What exactly wrong with them, they in business for many years, and not to be disappear at least. :smile:

Also someone tried Sytes?