Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fleio 1.0 stable is now available - get a 20% discount
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Fleio 1.0 stable is now available - get a 20% discount

fleiofleio Member
edited September 2018 in Providers

After two years of alpha version releases we're now releasing the first stable version of Fleio.

Order a Fleio license by September 30th 2018 and get a 20% discount. Contact us for more details.

Fleio 1.0

If you want to build a cloud, OpenStack is the number one open source software system to orchestrate your cloud’s components. If you want to sell cloud services to the general public, Fleio is the link between the end-users and your public cloud.

See online demo:

https://fleio.com/demo

Fleio main features:

• New users can sign up and add invoicing information. VAT ID is validated online and client is marked as tax exempt if a valid VAT ID is provided.
  • End-users can create OpenStack compute instances up to the quota defined in OpenStack. For each end-user, a new OpenStack project is created. Compute instances actions available to staff and end-users: create, reboot, shutdown, rescue, rebuild, rename, resize, change root password, add/remove IP, add/delete security group, access web console, delete, see console log, see CPU and network metrics, create snapshots, attach volumes.
  • end-users manage volumes, networks, floating IPs, routers, SSH keys
  • DNS hosting. End-users can add DNS zones
  • Pre-paid or post-paid billing model
  • End-users can manage OpenStack API users
  • OpenStack multi-region
  • Fleio measures OpenStack resource usage and you can define pricing on the cloud billing model, per second, minute or hour
  • pricing configurable options. E.g. you can define prices for extra IPs, system managent, Windows license etc.
  • cPanel shared web hosting accounts automation
  • cPanel licenses automations via the cPanel manage2 API
  • MaxMind fraud check
  • tax rules
  • true multi currency: currency defined on the invoice level. If you change a client's default currency it will not change already issued invoices
  • WHMCS module
  • enable/disable any of the Fleio features

and many more. See full features list here: https://fleio.com#features

Thanked by 3lion openos quick

Comments

• Great, but too expensive for me, I can't afford it.

Thanked by 3fleio Eased zenki
  • georgedatacentergeorgedatacenter Member, Patron Provider

is very good, but I thought I would enter with better prices

There is no economic plan to use it mostly as a billing platform and cpanel?

Thanked by 1fleio
  • Too much. Not worth it. Rethink prices if you want grove for not quality product please?

Thanked by 1fleio
  • interested....too expensive

Thanked by 1fleio
  • @georgedatacenter said:
    is very good, but I thought I would enter with better prices

There is no economic plan to use it mostly as a billing platform and cpanel?

For cPanel shared hosting you need just the base license, which is 30 euro / month and 24 euro / month for the first year.

In the following months we'll focus our efforts on general billing and mass market web hosting features.

• Foarte bine, wish you guys good luck

Thanked by 1fleio
  • DedicadudeDedicadude Member
    edited September 2018

6-12 months, I can collect those investments and hire some Indians to clone a better saas. Maybe you should double check your pricing model.

• ExonHostExonHost Member, Host Rep

If the base license for shared hosting, why the core limit? for shared hosting billing, price is high.

• @Dedicadude said:
    6-12 months, I can collect those investments and hire some Indians to clone a better saas. Maybe you should double check your pricing model.

Funny

Thanked by 1DETio
  • fleiofleio Member
    edited September 2018

@ExonHost said:
    If the base license for shared hosting, why the core limit? for shared hosting billing, price is high.

A few days ago we had zero compute cores in the base license.

Based on customer feedback we decided to include 10 cores so that you can try OpenStack while you're using the base license for cPanel hosting.

• Regarding the 30 euro price for the base license / shared hosting billing:

While some may be looking for 5-10 usd cheaper solution than the established web hosting billing solutions, I think this is not the way to go.

While Fleio is new and lacking features, there are a few things that are fundamentally different, like true multi-currency support (with currency at invoice level, not client level) and users and clients being two different concepts. N (authenticated) users having rights to M (invoiced) clients. The fact that you have (virtually) all of the Python code at your disposal to audit and even change and many other things that we think are better in Fleio by design.

We have lots of work ahead of us, at Fleio, and we're looking forward to earn your trust and support.

Thank you for all your feedback!

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Let us know which hosts are using it already so we can test it as end users on a production environment, that's what counts at the end of the day.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@AnthonySmith said:
    Let us know which hosts are using it already so we can test it as end users on a production environment, that's what counts at the end of the day.

Do you expect it to be worse then SolusVM?

Thanked by 1fleio

Neoon said: Do you expect it to be worse then SolusVM?

I don't know what to expect, what I know is that its rarely any use looking as ideal world demo's I would rather see it in production.

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

@AnthonySmith said:

Neoon said: Do you expect it to be worse then SolusVM?

I don't know what to expect, what I know is that its rarely any use looking as ideal world demo's I would rather see it in production.

With those prices i doubt there is will be any.

key900 said: With those prices i doubt there is will be any.

Prices are not that bad imo if you look at the owned license price.

@AnthonySmith said:

for the 450 € maybe but the other not really.

• @AnthonySmith said:

"Perpetual (owned) licensing notes:
    The license includes 1 year of software updates and 1 year of technical support
    One additional year of updates and technical support costs 50% of the total license cost (package plus any additional cores)"

If I've understood that it sounds quite steep to me. A recurring charge of 50% to ensure your platform is secure, updated and supported? Really? HostBill, an established product charge $99/year for support and updates. Over 5 years you're looking at a total cost of around 1500€ (assuming no price increases) for an owned "cloud" HostBill license including OpenStack and the additional 4 years of support.

Compare that to a completely new and untested product - you'd be paying 1350€ over 5 years for just their billing platform. I'm sure most established brands would happily pay that extra 150€ for a tested product...

• EasedEased Member, Host Rep

Pretty high end prices for low end talk...

Thanked by 1fleio

oh yeah don't get me wrong, no low end host is going to ever pay those prices for a panel even the smaller ones will have 300+ cores within the first year or so these days.

But some of the larger ones may want to look at an HA service for higher end stuff in which case the pricing is not bad compared to the the panel they are competing with, OnApp, which 1 host here uses and none of their products can be sold because of the price :)

edited September 2018

@AnthonySmith said:
    oh yeah don't get me wrong, no low end host is going to ever pay those prices for a panel even the smaller ones will have 300+ cores within the first year or so these days.

But some of the larger ones may want to look at an HA service for higher end stuff in which case the pricing is not bad compared to the the panel they are competing with, OnApp, which 1 host here uses and none of their products can be sold because of the price :)

Can get HA services free charge with Proxmox! They do much improvement lately and As much as cores i can push.

• Has there been a third party security audit? Its hard to trust your whole business's integrity with no-name software from LET.

Thanked by 2AnthonySmith mfs
  • fleiofleio Member
    edited September 2018

@swain said:
    Has there been a third party security audit? Its hard to trust your whole business's integrity with no-name software from LET.

https://ctdefense.com/ has performed a security assessment and pen-test.

And we have a red team assessment scheduled with them in a few weeks.

The major security incidents from the past from other billing solutions was one of our drivers to start Fleio.

So security was one of the first concerns when writing the code, not an afterthought.

For instance our automated tests (I'd be curious to know how many software providers from the industry have any automated tests) are checking authorization flaws, like user A trying to read/modify/delete user's B resources etc.

No sane person can claim 100% secure software, but I can say that security is and was a constant concern at Fleio.

• Hahaha
    Someone's having fun in our demo ticketing system

Chicken

https://demo.fleio.com/staff/plugins/tickets/T-180913-1502-60002

And also found a bug. Workaround: if you're not already authenticated, hit refresh after you authenticate and get the error. Fix on the way :)

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • ProperyPropery Member

Very costly not affordable like solusvm

• WSCallumWSCallum Member
    edited May 2020

@Propery said:

SolusVM is also not updated with new features and they're brining a "new" version out (solus.io) which is 5euro per core... (fleio 1euro per core) Try that for very costly. Fleio is actually good value for money, the problem is you're paying for at least 100 cores as a starting price, so all the flybynight hosts can't afford it when starting out.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

Propery said: Very costly not affordable like solusvm

Not at all.

And they are a privately owned company instead of being owned by private equity investors. I'd seriously consider Fleio if I wanted to get into this business.

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

Hey > @Propery said:

Because it's not solusvm and not an "Out of the box" solution
    You will need an Openstack setup externally.

Thanked by 1codedivine
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Eased said:
    Pretty high end prices for low end talk...

Ah my sweet summer child. Have you seen the new Solus.io? :)

Francisco