Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a storage VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a storage VPS

LowLowLowLowLowLow Member
edited September 2018 in Requests

Hi everyone

I'm looking for a storagevps (say >300GB that I could potentially increase) I can setup a simple torrent download for movies & owncloud on for my own use, dcma ignored etc (I'm a leecher then remove the files), file transfer amount notwithstanding the torrent is realistically minimal. I've looked at @cociu and @Francisco

[edit]

Budget say $3-$4 a month, happy to pay quarterly or 6 monthly

Comments

• 300GB storage for $4 a month?

• Yep I've seen enough of them around

@creep said:
    300GB storage for $4 a month?

• I'm actually with wishosting at the moment with the low end HK box, works really well, but I'm always nervous abut the dcma as I'm sure it will only take one time for them to get users

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

@LowLowLow said:
    Hi everyone

I'm looking for a storagevps (say >300GB that I could potentially increase) I can setup a simple torrent download for movies & owncloud on for my own use, dcma ignored etc (I'm a leecher then remove the files), file transfer amount notwithstanding the torrent is realistically minimal. I've looked at @cociu and @Francisco

[edit]

Location?

Thanked by 1LowLowLow
  • Hostens? 500GB/4 USD/3month

• Not USA/Europe

Pref eastern as they don't usually give two hoots!

@key900 said:

@LowLowLow said:
    Hi everyone

[edit]

Location?

• Blimey that's cheap, have you used them?

@Kiwi83 said:
    Hostens? 500GB/4 USD/3month

• Kiwi83Kiwi83 Member
    edited September 2018

@LowLowLow said:
    Blimey that's cheap, have you used them?

@Kiwi83 said:
    Hostens? 500GB/4 USD/3month

I got a 500GB one in June. I haven't had any issue so far.

CPU model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2603 v4 @ 1.70GHz
    Number of cores : 1
    CPU frequency : 1698.036 MHz
    Total size of Disk : 512.0 GB (400.0 GB Used)
    Total amount of Mem : 512 MB (137 MB Used)
    Total amount of Swap : 256 MB (88 MB Used)
    System uptime : 9 days, 3 hour 25 min
    Load average : 0.00, 0.02, 0.00
    Arch : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel : 2.6.32-042stab133.2

I/O speed(1st run) : 58.8 MB/s
    I/O speed(2nd run) : 52.2 MB/s
    I/O speed(3rd run) : 53.1 MB/s
    Average I/O speed : 54.7 MB/s

Node Name IPv4 address Download Speed
    CacheFly 205.234.175.175 11.3MB/s
    Linode, Tokyo, JP 106.187.96.148 2.42MB/s
    Linode, Singapore, SG 139.162.23.4 2.00MB/s
    Linode, London, UK 176.58.107.39 10.7MB/s
    Linode, Frankfurt, DE 139.162.130.8 11.3MB/s
    Linode, Fremont, CA 50.116.14.9 1.94MB/s
    Softlayer, Dallas, TX 173.192.68.18 3.97MB/s
    Softlayer, Seattle, WA 67.228.112.250 4.46MB/s
    Softlayer, Frankfurt, DE 159.122.69.4 11.2MB/s
    Softlayer, Singapore, SG 119.81.28.170 3.99MB/s
    Softlayer, HongKong, CN 119.81.130.170 2.51MB/s

Thanked by 1LowLowLow
  • Just got an email. Time4VPS is running a 50% off promo for storage vps and other products right now. Code: helloworld. Hostens and Time4VPS are 2 brands of a same company. I thought you might be interested.

Thanked by 2Chuck JerryHou
  • @Kiwi83 said:
    Just got an email. Time4VPS is running a 50% off promo for storage vps and other products right now. Code: helloworld. Hostens and Time4VPS are 2 brands of a same company. I thought you might be interested.

CPU: 1 x 1.70 GHz

Is this shared core?

• @Chuck said:

@Kiwi83 said:
    Just got an email. Time4VPS is running a 50% off promo for storage vps and other products right now. Code: helloworld. Hostens and Time4VPS are 2 brands of a same company. I thought you might be interested.

Is this shared core?

Yes it's shared core. You don't need a powerful CPU for downloading/uploading/storing files. I never hit 30% of the CPU when transfering files.

• @Kiwi83 said:

@Chuck said:

@Kiwi83 said:

Is this shared core?

Yes it's shared core. You don't need a powerful CPU for downloading/uploading/storing files. I never hit 30% of the CPU when transfering files.

I was thinking to pay for 2 years with the coupon.

But I don't want they have reason about high CPU usage to cancel my account with no refund.

• @Chuck said:

@Kiwi83 said:

@Chuck said:

@Kiwi83 said:

Is this shared core?

I was thinking to pay for 2 years with the coupon.

But I don't want they have reason about high CPU usage to cancel my account with no refund.

It's a CHEAP storage VPS. If you are planning to use it for something CPU hungry, you are looking at the wrong product.

Thanked by 1Dazzle
  • @Kiwi83 said:

Is it? I am also looking for something cheaper. Can you share the link where the cost is 4 USD/3 months?

I am a T4V customer with their 1TB Storage VPS but I don't need that much storage at all and ~200GB is fine for me (I actually made a post related to that today)

• Code: helloworld

• @Devil said:

@Kiwi83 said:

Is it? I am also looking for something cheaper. Can you share the link where the cost is 4 USD/3 months?

I am a T4V customer with their 1TB Storage VPS but I don't need that much storage at all and ~200GB is fine for me (I actually made a post related to that today)

The promo code is not valid anymore. You just missed it.

• @Kiwi83 said:
    The promo code is not valid anymore. You just missed it.

Indeed. I had tried it.

But do they have storage plans that is for like ~200GB disk space? I think T4V's storage plan starts at .5TB storage and their current prices (even after discount) is almost as much my current cost. Mine is 2.15 Euro per month for 1TB disk and 1GB RAM.

I am looking for ~200GB disk for possibly 1 Euro per month or around.

• That's a good price, we have this one:

https://www.hostens.com/vps-hosting/

Basically it's what you're paying already, if I saw your deal I'd be pulling their arm off for it