Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

farnoX: VPS in Frankfurt starting at €15 per year | High-Performance SSD VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

farnoX: VPS in Frankfurt starting at €15 per year | High-Performance SSD VPS

farnoxfarnox Member

We recently launched a new generation of our SSD-based CloudServers:

(1 EUR ~ 1.162 USD)

CloudServer c1.mini
CPU: 1 Core
Memory: 1024 MB DDR4 ECC
Disk: 15 GB SSD
Network: 1000 mbps (Fair Use)
Price: 3.50€ per month (or 36€ per year)

CloudServer c1.small
CPU: 2 Cores
Memory: 2048 MB DDR4 ECC
Disk: 20 GB SSD
Network: 1000 mbps (Fair Use)
Price: 5.00€ per month (or 48€ per year)

These servers are hosted on Xeon E5 nodes with DDR4 ECC memory using the KVM hypervisor. Most CPU features are exposed.

Our new management panel comes with many features including support for ISO images and live bandwidth statistics. If you already have a farnoX account, please register again or, if you still have credit in your previous account, drop us an email and we'll transfer your account. Existing CloudServers will stay in the previous panel for the moment but can be migrated on request. This panel (just as our old one) was built in-house and we're always trying to improve it.

We have our own colocation with own hardware at the Accelerated DC in Frankfurt am Main, Germany. The network has direct peerings with many providers including Deutsche Telekom (DTAG), Level 3, GTT, Vodafone and many more. It is present at DE-CIX and AMS-IX internet exchange points.

Since this is LET, we also have a few special offers for you:

CloudServer SPECIAL-MAI18-512
CPU: 1x vCore
Memory: 512 MB DDR3
Disk: 20 GB HDD
Network: 100 mbps (Fair Use)
Price: 15.00€ per year (That's just 1.25€ per month)

CloudServer SPECIAL-MAI18-1024
CPU: 1x vCore
Memory: 1024 MB DDR3
Disk: 20 GB HDD
Price: 20.00€ per year

CloudServer SPECIAL-MAI18-4096
CPU: 2x vCore
Memory: 4096 MB DDR3
Disk: 40 GB HDD
Price: 12.00€ per quarter (or 45.00€ per year)

These offers are highly limited and won't be available for long. They are installed on older nodes and can not use all of the new features (e.g. CPU features are not exposed). The performance of these specials can not be compared to our regular offers which are listed on top of this post and on our website.

IPv4 is included in all offers.

How to order:
Sign up on our panel at https://manager.farnox.cloud, add a payment method (or add credit) and create your CloudServer. It will be available within around 60 seconds after ordering.

If you do not immediately receive a confirmation email after sign up, your account was likely flagged for manual approval. In this case, just wait a few minutes.

Payment Methods
We accept all major credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Amex), PayPal billing agreements and PayPal one-time payments.

For more information, visit our main website, our wiki or contact us at [email protected].

Comments

• angstromangstrom Moderator

I assume that you offer one dedicated IPv4 address (though you don't explicitly say so), but do you also offer IPv6?

• farnoxfarnox Member
    edited June 2018

@angstrom Yes, we assign a /64 per server. The IPv4 address is dedicated.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • RickBakkrRickBakkr Member, Patron Provider, LIR
    edited June 2018

I assume there's still no BGP session or do you meanwhile have the ability ?

• farnoxfarnox Member

@RickBakkr Unfortunately, we still don‘t offer BGP.

• FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited June 2018

I always assumed cloud meant the ability to destroy/create virtual servers on demand with hourly billing. Does your system support this?

(then again, cloud is usually just marketing fluff)

• farnoxfarnox Member

@FlamesRunner

Yes, our regular offers are billed per hour and can be deleted at any time.

Thanked by 2FlamesRunner ma2t
  • @farnox you got a mail (support@farnox[d.t]de) since I have issues logging in to your new control panel. The old one worked fine. Hope you can help me :D

Thanked by 1farnox
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited June 2018

smtp is blocked on the LET ones, neat..

• pikepike Veteran
    edited June 2018

@farnox said:
    $15 per year won‘t happen though. source

@farnox said:
    CloudServer SPECIAL-MAI18-512
    Price: 15.00€ per year

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • farnoxfarnox Member

@Neoon It can be unblocked via ticket.

• EdmondEdmond Member

farnox said: In this case, just wait a few minutes.

So your telling me that you got 24/7 staff watching orders come in and that it'll actually take a few minutes for a fraud check to be cleared???...

• @Edmond said:

farnox said: In this case, just wait a few minutes.

So your telling me that you got 24/7 staff watching orders come in and that it'll actually take a few minutes for a fraud check to be cleared???...

Probably not kidding. I sent mails in the night time and they responded pretty fast :D

Thanked by 1farnox
  • ernierni Member

I want to order the 15.00€ one, but everytime i finish creating the cloudserver, it says i don't have enough credit, then i will find my paypal disappered in payment method, then I add it again and create new cloudserver, it still says i don't have enough credit and the paypal method disappered again...

• pikepike Veteran
    edited June 2018

@erni said:
    I want to order the 15.00€ one, but everytime i finish creating the cloudserver, it says i don't have enough credit, then i will find my paypal disappered in payment method, then I add it again and create new cloudserver, it still says i don't have enough credit and the paypal method disappered again...

It's all prepaid, just top up your account with the 15€ before you order.

Thanked by 1farnox
  • farnoxfarnox Member

@pike We offer billing agreements as well. I already contacted @erni regarding the problem he had while adding his PayPal account.

• XeiXei Member
    edited September 2018

When you fund an account, it forces you to launch cloud instances on a different domain. That domain requires you to create another account but unfortunately it's broken so that's not possible. Similar to the issues blackjack4494 was having but I'm a new customer. I'm hours away from hitting going a week unable to create a server. Customer service is basically non-existant as they've not resolved the issue and been several days since they responded. I've never really run into a situation where it's this hard to get the service running after depositing funds.

• @Xei
    You signed up on our old panel (which is not possible on any of the domains we advertise on LET) and only deposited 1€ (which is not enough to pay for any of our offerings). You were told that you have to sign up on the new panel and that your credit will be moved over. You claimed that this wasn't possible but did not provide any useful information to reproduce the problem.

I went ahead and refunded your payment.

• XeiXei Member
    edited September 2018

@farnox said:

I remember googling Farnox when looking for reviews, and then I believe I clicked the #1 result on Google which is farnox.net domain. I tried registering on the new panel (farnox.cloud) later as you suggested with both browsers on my PC multiple times and mobile phone browser. My guess is there's an issue with the backend. Once you click Create, the button disappears and nothing happens on the website, i.e. it provides no useful information to know why it didn't create an account (literally there's no error messages for this website which is a first). It definitely seems broken in some form or not an issue on my end (used two different devices, multiple browsers) as I've signed up on probably 50+ providers without a hitch. I couldn't help you to troubleshoot/debug as the site provides literally zero feedback so I could only explain the steps I took. I would like to revisit someday if/when the panel works as people otherwise have had good experiences.

• XeiXei Member

It's the UI. House # / Street . You would think these are the same information. But the site doesn't explain why it fails to validate. The street is without the house #, most sites the data is identical for both fields. It is definitely atypical from what I've seen. But otherwise I guess the site works just it's unlike others.