Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Server Hunter - Find your new server with ease - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Server Hunter - Find your new server with ease

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll

.org maybe. .net has been forgotten ever since 2016 election.

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited September 2018

nevermind.

• Still that weird if select DDR4 ram provider there is nothing in the list.

• @Neoon said:
    nevermind.

Still you are the provider list king with novadedi :smiley:

• ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2018

@Neoon said:

@mailinabox said:
    novadedi2

It will be, if he not gets the .net before incero does it.

That doesn’t make sense, Incero doesn’t even use .net or .org.

• Hello, I would like to add two suggestions:

To could filter processor family in addition to cores/speed or at least that processor model is shown in server details without needed to enter to each provider offer on provider website.

Also I would apreciate if it is possible to have a way to compare/know if the price is within a promotion and the final price when the promotion is over. I know that this second one is quite tricky.

Thanks for your work

• ServerHunterServerHunter Member, Host Rep

@mailinabox said:
    Still some price data is not the same as at the provider....

Do you have an example?

@mailinabox said:
    Still that weird if select DDR4 ram provider there is nothing in the list.

Works fine for me: https://www.serverhunter.com/find/?search=98B-54A-E5F

@adcre said:
    To could filter processor family in addition to cores/speed or at least that processor model is shown in server details without needed to enter to each provider offer on provider website.

At the moment you can only filter by CPU brand, speed, and cores. In the meantime, you could click ".. columns displayed" at the right top of the table, then click "Processor name" - this way it will be displayed in the results.

Also I would apreciate if it is possible to have a way to compare/know if the price is within a promotion and the final price when the promotion is over. I know that this second one is quite tricky.

All the pricing on our website should be without a promotion, we're currently working on a promotion system that should take care of that. :)

Thanked by 1adcre
  • That's pretty nice. Do you guys provide VPS and VPN servers too?

edited September 2018

@Boone said:
    That's pretty nice. Do you guys provide VPS and VPN servers too?

We don't actually provide anything, we just list providers and their products. Currently, we list VPS and dedicated servers. :)

• @ServerHunter said:

@Boone said:
    That's pretty nice. Do you guys provide VPS and VPN servers too?

We don't actually provide anything, we just list providers and their products. Currently, we list VPS and dedicated servers. :)

Oh, my bad. Do you guys also list companies which provide dedicated IPs?

@Boone said:
    Oh, my bad. Do you guys also list companies which provide dedicated IPs?

Every offer on our website offers a dedicated IP unless "NAT IPv4" is a feature (which there are very little of at the moment).

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@ServerHunter said:
    Every offer on our website offers a dedicated IP unless "NAT IPv4" is a feature (which there are very little of at the moment).

Sorry ;)
    Got side-tracked and haven’t added all locations.

@mikho said:

No worries! Remember, if it's something tedious or repetitive, feel free to just open a ticket - we can probably do it a lot quicker. :)

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • @ServerHunter said:

@mikho said:

No worries! Remember, if it's something tedious or repetitive, feel free to just open a ticket - we can probably do it a lot quicker. :)

Serverhunter is for free??? :love:

• HBAndreiHBAndrei Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Probably meant to say "we're here to help you", no?

@mailinabox said:
    Serverhunter is for free??? :love:

Of course.

@HBAndrei said:
    Probably meant to say "we're here to help you", no?

That's silly, thanks a lot. It's been fixed. :)

• Great service. Which programming language do you use?

Also, consider removal of x scrolling for full screen. Looks a bit awkward.

Thanked by 1ServerHunter
  • I think, dropdows are the most hated elements of the interface. Make something like that. And remove strange spaces (at least for mobile screen).

Thanked by 1ServerHunter
  • would be nice to filter by country

Thanked by 1NanoG6
  • :trollface: best website

• :naughty: where is the source?

💋

• Wow, that is a disgustingly restrictive (and awful) ToS. You're not even allowed to copy paste or screenshot any of the contents to post on a forum (like here).

Thanked by 2torrbox corbpie
  • @hzr said:
    Wow, that is a disgustingly restrictive (and awful) ToS. You're not even allowed to copy paste or screenshot any of the contents to post on a forum (like here).

Test it and see if a lawsuit follows.

Thanked by 1jar
  • JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited September 2018

@ServerHunter said:
    Server Hunter - Find your new server with ease

But what if i wanted to find my server with various levels of hardness and difficulty?

There should be a slider for that too, which gradually makes the text too small, too big or uneven, scrambles the options, flickers some seizure lights and eventually starts displaying lemonparty images behind the text...

Anyhow, i like the site, very nice. :)

I distinctly remember, not that clearly though, there used to be a website like this one long time ago, i forgot the domain name and i don't know if it's still operational and updated regularly.

I wonder why LET doesn't have official current offer comparator dashboard tool..? With all sorts of indicators, contraindicators, bells and whistles... That way i know it's mostly going to be neutral, valid, updated info and the tool is going to be here to stay. Plus if the LET community judges that a company has scammed people they are going to be marked with red and put in a pit of shame and cest.

• I actually have an ongoing dev for a personal project like this, now I wonder if I should stop or continue that I'm halfway there 😅. Great work buddy!

@tsoft said:
    Great service. Which programming language do you use?

It's mainly PHP on the backend, and the usual HTML/CSS/JS on the frontend.

Also, consider removal of x scrolling for full screen. Looks a bit awkward.

Fair point, it's just there in case someone adds more columns than fits. I'll see if I can make it a bit better.

@tsoft said:
    I think, dropdows are the most hated elements of the interface. Make something like that. And remove strange spaces (at least for mobile screen).

That's a great idea, I've added it to the to do list :)

@dedicados said:
    would be nice to filter by country

Work in progress, should be done soon!

@hzr said:
    Wow, that is a disgustingly restrictive (and awful) ToS. You're not even allowed to copy paste or screenshot any of the contents to post on a forum (like here).

You're right, but we do need to be able to protect all of the work we've done to gather and organize all this information. I'm open to suggestions for alternative licenses.

@Janevski said:
    But what if i wanted to find my server with various levels of hardness and difficulty?

There are browser extensions for that! ;)

@ZiriusPH said:
    I actually have an ongoing dev for a personal project like this, now I wonder if I should stop or continue that I'm halfway there 😅. Great work buddy!

You should definitely continue, especially if you enjoy doing it. :)

• ServerHunter said: You're right, but we do need to be able to protect all of the work we've done to gather and organize all this information. I'm open to suggestions for alternative licenses.

There are multiple violations on this forum thread alone, hitting F12 violates your "tos", and you can't copyright facts too.

Try something like www.opendatacommons.org/licenses/odbl/1.0/ - people can read it, people can build off it, but they must link back to you and they must release any data they contribute or add to it too.