Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Server Hunter - Find your new server with ease
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Server Hunter - Find your new server with ease

ServerHunterServerHunter Member, Host Rep
edited September 2018 in General

We've been around for a few weeks now, trying to get providers to sign up. Since we currently have over 1300 offers on our website, we think it's a good time to get some feedback from the community.

Everyone knows how much of a pain it is to find a new server or provider, especially if you have a few requirements like payment method, location, IPv6, etc. This is why we created Server Hunter - to aggregate many offers and make them easily filterable.

There are many improvements we've been making and there are countless others we could be making, so please let us know what you think and how we can improve it even further!

URL: https://www.serverhunter.com/find/

P.S: If you are a provider and you'd like to be listed as well, we've made it very easy. Just follow the steps here: https://www.serverhunter.com/providers/

Comments

• Looks nice! Well done.

• great job.

• Wow this site looks really nice good work. The only site I used in the past for something like this was LowEndStock.

I have a suggestion: One of the biggest things you should add is a NAT/IPv4 filter or a column because people will see a $0.17/mo VPS and just grab it without thinking too much why.

• ServerHunterServerHunter Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2018

Thanks everyone!

@CyberneticTitan said:
    I have a suggestion: One of the biggest things you should add is a NAT/IPv4 filter or a column because people will see a $0.17/mo VPS and just grab it without thinking too much why.

Definitely a valid point, just like the fact it's not very clear those offers are only available for annual payment. I'll try to think of a way to highlight things like that. :)

• inb4 powered by incero

@torrbox said:
    inb4 powered by incero

We're not powered or affiliated with any hosting provider, that'd rather ruin the objectivity. Incero hasn't even signed up yet! :)

Thanked by 1torrbox
  • @ServerHunter said:

@torrbox said:
    inb4 powered by incero

We're not powered or affiliated with any hosting provider, that'd rather ruin the objectivity. Incero hasn't even signed up yet! :)

Oh man that is bad. You better make sure you register every single TLD before Incero purchases them.

@zafouhar said:
    Oh man that is bad. You better make sure you register every single TLD before Incero purchases them.

I think we're happy with just .com :)

Thanked by 3torrbox ryanarp Wolveix
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

Nicely done! Thanks.

Thanked by 1ServerHunter
  • corbpiecorbpie Member
    edited September 2018

so slow

edit - when having the currency non usd

• armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

Looks interesting and works perfectly. Keep up the great job, i might actually use this in future.

• @corbpie said:
    so slow

Slow? Double check your wires.. :)

edited September 2018

@corbpie said:
    so slow

That should definitely not be the case, could you send me a private message with your IP address so I can take a look? Thanks a lot! https://www.lowendtalk.com/messages/add/serverhunter

@corbpie said:
    edit - when having the currency non usd

Thanks, there might be a bug with one of the currencies. Which one(s) are you using?

• Thanks. If it could be integrated with the availability it would be awesome.

@plumberg said:
    Thanks. If it could be integrated with the availability it would be awesome.

Definitely something we'll be looking at, although there are very little providers with an API that includes stock levels. For now, our main priority is getting as many providers and offers as possible. :)

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • A competitor to novadedi.com. A very welcome product. Thank you.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited September 2018

@LTniger said:
    A competitor to novadedi.com.

Competition?
    I do not see serverhunter as competition.

He uses static data, we "drop" the database every 10 minutes and fill it with the data we get from the providers.

Its a useful tool sure, also nice to see it without ad's and stuff, compared to lowendstock.
    I run my project as a hobby and provide free api's which people can use, so yea, nice to see another project, where people can compare offers.

• ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider

You should allow a CSV URL that live data can be pulled for a provider.

@ryanarp said:
    You should allow a CSV URL that live data can be pulled for a provider.

We could do that, but we require a lot more information than most providers include in their sheets, so it would require some work to make it compatible. We do have an API available, if that helps. :)

• nice!

• Hello, when I was hunting for vps less than $5 per month, it always shows me the vps with $5 per year! could you deal with it?

edited September 2018

@Creling said:
    Hello, when I was hunting for vps less than $5 per month, it always shows me the vps with $5 per year! could you deal with it?

Hi! Technically, that is less than $5 per month. If you'd not like to pay annually, just uncheck "Annually" under "Billing interval" - the third column in your screenshot. :)

• novadedi2

@mailinabox said:
    novadedi2

It will be, if he not gets the .net before incero does it.

• @Neoon said:

@mailinabox said:
    novadedi2

It will be, if he not gets the .net before incero does it.

You not know :)? The .com is the KING KONG. lol :pensive:

• deankdeank Member, Troll

.net? He's got the .com. That's what really matters.

Thanked by 1ryanarp

@deank said:

.com seriously? .net is the shit.

• @deank said:

Still some price data is not the same as at the provider....

• @Neoon said:

@deank said:

.com seriously? .net is the shit.

Your way do update instant so that better +1 for you.