Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Don't buy anything from Khazaa if he PMs you. He is a scammer. Request community to ban him. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Don't buy anything from Khazaa if he PMs you. He is a scammer. Request community to ban him.

Comments

• ssh to the ip address and see if it prompts you for a username.

• edited September 2018

@jvnadr orignal was Euro20.17 he gave me for Euro15/pm. Like I said, i see some mistake of mine as well in trusting in him. I recently joined LowEndTalk trying to research about dedicated server. I thought it might be common for resellers/providers to PM people here and give good offers. I just gave into his trap this time, just to find a good server a cheaper deal.

• @dipesh_batheja said: Can't access Hetzner account or ssh it.

Did you have a Hetzner Robot account for the server?

• edited September 2018

@saibal he gave me access to Robot, probably a sub-account. But the access to it is disabled now.

• Shame when you see events such as this.

Customers would rather trust rock bottom prices delivered to them privately than honest host with prices that are just about sustainable but too much in their eye's.?!

Happily pay unknown entities via F&F yet cost honest host with their chargebacks and refunds because that is a guarantee an honest host offers but some prefer the sketchy offers and then come here to complain when bitten in the ass.

Maybe, spend that extra $0.49 a month with a honest host and you would not find yourselves in such predicaments.

There are tons of honest host here with great prices, even I purchase off a few. Yet, 30+ even long time members fell for this scam simply because the price was pleasing? You have no one to blame but yourselves.

@marson paypal will still look at chargebacks for F&F if you have strong evidence that fraud has taken place such as directing them to this thread. Also, call them after opening the case.
    As mentioned, you may still lose but it's worth a shot. Following that, just learn from it. If something seems too good to be true, 9/10, it probably is.

• @HostDoc said:
    Shame when you see events such as this.

Customers would rather trust rock bottom prices delivered to them privately than honest host with prices that are just about sustainable but too much in their eye's.?!

Happily pay unknown entities via F&F yet cost honest host with their chargebacks and refunds because that is a guarantee an honest host offers but some prefer the sketchy offers and then come here to complain when bitten in the ass.

Maybe, spend that extra $0.49 a month with a honest host and you would not find yourselves in such predicaments.

There are tons of honest host here with great prices, even I purchase off a few. Yet, 30+ even long time members fell for this scam simply because the price was pleasing? You have no one to blame but yourselves.

@marson paypal will still look at chargebacks for F&F if you have strong evidence that fraud has taken place such as directing them to this thread. Also, call them after opening the case.
    As mentioned, you may still lose but it's worth a shot. Following that, just learn from it. If something seems too good to be true, 9/10, it probably is.

I m not blaming anyone. I see fault of mine as well by falling in his trap. The only thing I want to make sure that this doesn't happen to anyone and somehow make it impossible for him to continue fraud.

I generally purchase from reputed hosts only. I have VPSs on HostUs, DIgitalOcean. But somehow this time i felt in trap.

• @dipesh_batheja said:

@HostDoc said:
    Shame when you see events such as this.

I m not blaming anyone. I see fault of mine as well by falling in his trap. The only thing I want to make sure that this doesn't happen to anyone and somehow make it impossible for him to continue fraud.

I generally purchase from reputed hosts only. I have VPSs on HostUs, DIgitalOcean. But somehow this time i felt in trap.

Your warning unfortunately will do nothing for those who see little more than how much they are due to save.
    I have no idea how reselling Hetzner servers work but I do know that Hetzner selling an auction server for 20.84euro and someone else offering it for 15euro smells like shit wrapped in perfumed cellophane. He probably got the server and cancelled it and you in 2 weeks therefore not even paying a penny for it.
    For those driven by the fact the same service is $0.10 cheaper by an unknown entity and choose to purchase with no site, no client area, no guarantees and even worse with F&F, then no warning needs to be given and everything that happens past that is more than deserved.

Thanked by 1pike
  • HostDoc said: He probably got the server and cancelled it and you in 2 weeks therefore not even paying a penny for it.

as this is a good guess and could really be what has happened here, I'd say Hetzner might be interested.
    on the other hand his account with hetzner might already be blocked by now anyway if that was his business model.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

He may be banned. His business may be over.

But I bet he is laughing his ass off. He earned grands for spending nothing or little.

Thanked by 1pike
  • @dipesh_batheja said:
    @saibal he gave me access to Robot, probably a sub-account. But the access to it is disabled now.

Ah, that explains why he could cut you off from their panel.

• williewillie Member
    edited September 2018

Falzo said: on the other hand his account with hetzner might already be blocked by now anyway if that was his business model.

If he did refund fraud on significant scale they might want to go after him.

• Thanks for all your support and help, I will try to contact PayPal and ask what I can do. I also don't want to blame nobody, I know that this is my fault.

• @marson i have a business account with Paypal. I am not sure if that will help, but I can surely open dispute. I have referred this thread to them. Let's see what comes out.

• williewillie Member
    edited September 2018

dipesh_batheja said: After few days he told me that there is something wrong with the Motherboard of the server and Hetzner team is going to replace it.

Yeah that does sound like a 14 day cancellation. @Hetzner_OL can you notify your fraud team?

• He tell me in PM give me a VPS with 256GBram for free include no pay and refund. :dizzy:

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • This is the scammers website: https://khazaa.com/

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@AnthonySmith said:
    We ban people from making offers via PM, its in the rules, if you are one of the unfortunates that is still naive enough to think this ok, no amount of rules will help you.

I already post that on Discord, but apparently the user is still there:

• yongsikleeyongsiklee Member, Patron Provider

@corbpie said:
    This is the scammers website: https://khazaa.com/

He said there in the front page that he's becoming famous. lol

In a bad way, he is. We should not click the link.

"SEPTEMBER 1, 2018 BY KHAZAA
    I love the fact that a Indian guy calling himself Dipesh is making me famous, and the admins on a page i will not name is giving out false information about my account there. I am having so much fun reading all of your speculations, and the funny thing is, you are all wrong.

If you are interested in the REAL story with all chat logs, please contact me at [email protected] , and maybe you will see that this indian guy, and a useless lying admin is spreading false information about me and what i do.

Keep making me famous, this is awesome!"

• JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited September 2018

@AnthonySmith said:
    We ban people from making offers via PM, its in the rules, if you are one of the unfortunates that is still naive enough to think this ok, no amount of rules will help you.

The user is banned now, the lesson here is stop being lead by price alone and expecting other people to clean up after you.

Edit: After taking control of that now banned account, the sad truth is he seems to have found at least 30 victims.. good job bottom feeders, good job, you know who you are, I wont name and shame you but some long term members have been taken in by this guy... ridiculous.

Private messages, this is exactly what happens in a conversation, where there's no one to state the end is nigh.

Is there any option to block direct messages and profile posts/comments until the user has been on LET like for at least six months, has triple digit number of comments and has a profile picture? Could it be coded as a vanilla plugin somehow?

• Little bastard lol

• Janevski said: option to block direct messages and profile posts/comments until the user has been on LET like for at least six months...

Really, if you get a dubious message, check the profile and use your judgment. There's not such high traffic in random PM's to need more than that.

• @yongsiklee said:

@corbpie said:

I love the fact that a Indian guy calling himself Dipesh is making me famous, and the admins on a page i will not name is giving out false information about my account there. I am having so much fun reading all of your speculations, and the funny thing is, you are all wrong.

If you are interested in the REAL story with all chat logs, please contact me at [email protected] , and maybe you will see that this indian guy, and a useless lying admin is spreading false information about me and what i do.

He is not smart and has already trashed "khazaa" for good. A google search already shows he is a scammer and getting clicks from a hosting forum thread that says he is a scammer isn't making him famous.

• It was a cool domain name but I'm sure he can afford another.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Is this khazaa.com's hetzner ip? 144.76.167.240? I was only curious because his server status had a lot of sub domains which are listed operational but does not seem to exist.

• smile said: because his server status had a lot of sub domains which are listed operational but does not seem to exist.

You think that was actually real!? it would have just been html with no sort of backend interaction what so ever.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@yongsiklee said:

@corbpie said:

Haha what a silly twat, if he wants to play that game he can just refund the people the scammed, when they confirm it here or to me privately I will unban him and let him have his say... waiting for that to happen at some point never.

edited September 2018

I will speak to the new dev's to see if we can restrict PM's to those registered 6 months with 50 comments.

• AnthonySmith said: I will speak to the new dev's to see if we can restrict PM's to those registered 6 months with 50 comments.

PMs will be needed by all users (new and old) to exchange email addresses, Skype names, EPP codes, etc.

Scammers will just sign up and wait 6 months. They will find a way to create 50 posts to develop a "reputation".

It's bad that OP got scammed, but even he realized that he was somewhat negligent. Please don't admin just to admin because you're bored @AnthonySmith

edited September 2018

jiggawattz said: It's bad that OP got scammed, but even he realized that he was somewhat negligent. Please don't admin just to admin because you're bored @AnthonySmith

It stops the quick hitters, I appreciate there is only so much you can do to protect stupid against being stupid but I don't make the suggestion out of boredom thanks.

The think is there are tons of accounts with no posts here, who knows how many of them are being used for spamming cheap offers by PM and with this place being what it is that is like shooting fish in a barrel, it would be remiss of me not to attempt to prevent that going forward.