Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Don't buy anything from Khazaa if he PMs you. He is a scammer. Request community to ban him.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Don't buy anything from Khazaa if he PMs you. He is a scammer. Request community to ban him.

edited September 2018 in Reviews

[Mod comment: Khazaa is already banned; see this thread for another incident.]

I purchased the dedicated server from @khazaa for 3 months. Who claimed to be a reseller of Hetzner - https://www.hetzner.com/ and claimed that he can provide dedicated server at cheaper price than listed on Hetzner - @Hetzner_OL .

He gave me a good offer and I took his offer and paid him through Paypal. He delivered me the Hetzner server and access to Hetzner Robot account. I was pretty happy with him overall.

After few days he told me that there is something wrong with the Motherboard of the server and Hetzner team is going to replace it. I smelled something wrong. I asked him is he has received anything from Hetzner regarding it. He didn't provide any proof. I was able to access to the server still and I told him that server seems to working as I am able to ssh it. He said still team is going to replace it from other datacenter and he doesn't know how much time this will take. And I want refund. I told him I wasn't expecting server to have issue so early, if it is not going to take more than a day then please do the refund. He said he will see and come back to me.

All day I didn't heard from him over Skype. The suddenly during night my access to Hetzner got disabled and I was not able to ssh into the server. I figured there is something seriously wrong. I immediately messaged him on skype but no response. I thought there is something wrong. I opened the Paypal dispute.

Later he messaged me that since I have opened the dispute he is not going to give me access to the server and neither he is going to refund me the money, and I can do what whatever I want. I could see that I have been scammed by this guy and he is making an excuse now.

I told him that I will report this to Hetzner. He just said Hetzner doesn't even care of all this. It's my humble request to community to ban such guys and to Hetzner to block accounts of such scamsters. Hoping that community and @Hetzner_OL will take some action on this.

Comments

• pikepike Veteran
    edited September 2018

Hetzner doesn't even care of all this.
    Buy your servers from companies instead of individuals, that's common sense...

• angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited September 2018

@khazaa is already banned on LET for another case. (Hadn't you noticed?) There's probably little more that LET can do except to repeat that you shouldn't buy servers from random individuals who PM you.

Thanked by 1ricardo
  • yeah my mistake. Lesson learned. But atleast this can be warning to others. And may be community can see such scamster and ban them from finding more victims.

Thanked by 2dfmcvn yongsiklee
  • edited September 2018

@angstrom how did he was able to PM me then? I noticed this after i purchased.

• @dipesh_batheja said:
    @angstrom how did he was able to PM me then? I noticed this after i purchased.

He was banned very recently -- yesterday, I think.

• @pike i will still report to @Hetzner_OL on this, not sure of success. But probably community can help me in appealing. I will see if I can get my money back, but atleast such people need to get their accounts blocked.

• edited September 2018

@angstrom yes i saw that quite later, looks like this discussion was happening in parallel to me getting scammed as well. Thanks community to banning him Hopefully @Hetzner_OL will listen as well.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

If someone PMs you with an offer, assume that he is a scammer especially he has no provider tag.

Basically, if some random kid approaches you first with an offer, he has a lot to hide.

Hetzner won't likely do anything.

Thanked by 1willie
  • Hey, man, sorry for your loss. I have an interesting offer for you

• He offered to sell me i7 6700K for $175 and pay in PP F&F lol.

• @deank said:
    If someone PMs you with an offer, assume that he is a scammer especially he has no provider tag.

If someone PMs you with an offer AND has a provider tag he is most likely not a scammer.

I'd still avoid unless I specifically asked to be PM in a thread.

Thanked by 2sayem314 Aidan
  • pike said: If someone PMs you with an offer AND has a provider tag he is most likely not a scammer.

I wouldn't make that assumption.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2018

We ban people from making offers via PM, its in the rules, if you are one of the unfortunates that is still naive enough to think this ok, no amount of rules will help you.

The user is banned now, the lesson here is stop being lead by price alone and expecting other people to clean up after you.

Edit: After taking control of that now banned account, the sad truth is he seems to have found at least 30 victims.. good job bottom feeders, good job, you know who you are, I wont name and shame you but some long term members have been taken in by this guy... ridiculous.

• @dipesh_batheja it was likely carded server and hetzner noticed the fraud and suspended it.

I could tell he was a scammer the moment he made his first post. And I have IQ of only 88.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • @AnthonySmith said:
    After taking control of that now banned account, the sad truth is he seems to have found at least 30 victims.. good job bottom feeders, good job, you know who you are, I wont name and shame you but some long term members have been taken in by this guy... ridiculous.

So he made something like 30*30€ ~ 1000€ (assuming most paid a month upfront) with this shit? I guess I'm in the wrong business.

Thanked by 1netomx

Probably 2k+ since some of his offers ran up to 200 euro.

Yeah, you are in wrong biz. Scamming money out of fools is the way.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • williewillie Member
    edited September 2018

Did anyone buy from him and actually get anything?

Was it all by paypal and all in the past few months? Maybe some of it can be recovered.

We've had our share of incompetent hosts who deadpooled with people's money, but I don't remember many outright scams if that's what this is. Wow.

@marson @dipesh_batheja I suggest opening a paypal dispute and referring them to this thread.

Regarding Hetzner, one possibility is that khazaa collected 3 months payment for a server and actually delivered it, but then cancelled it at Hetzner after 1 month, pocketing the 2 month difference. Hetzner would have records of what happened with the server that might be helpful in case of a paypal investigation. Or server could have been bought with stolen credit card as @stefeman suggests.

• willie said: I suggest opening a paypal dispute and referring them to this thread.

Unfortunately I can't open a PayPal dispute, due to my lack of knowledge I check to transfer money to people, not paying for the service so PayPal dispute can't be opened.

edited September 2018

Well, @Khazaa will buy all Steam games he has been eyeing.

Plus, a brand new PC with 9900k.

• marson said: Unfortunately I can't open a PayPal dispute

Oh right that came up before. Well you can still report to Paypal's fraud department saying maybe they can use the info as corroboration of other reports they're likely to get about khazaa.

• edited September 2018

@willie @stefeman card could be fraud. But server he definitely purchased purchased new because he asked me to select the one i want from the auction list. So he purchased, and then delivered and then found way to deny access.

I have opened the dispute already. Awaiting their reply, I will show them this thread as well.

@marson he sent you Paypal invoice right, with whatever he is selling written? So it can be disputed?

• @AnthonySmith really feeling ashamed about it. I just hope the guy somehow gets his lesson and unable to find more victims anywhere. I have written to Hetzner, and Paypal, hoping for the results.

• dipesh_batheja said: he purchased, and then delivered and then found way to deny access.

Can you check whether the IP address is reassigned now?

• AnthonySmith said: the sad truth is he seems to have found at least 30 victims..

wow, that's ... unexpected to say at least.

Thanked by 2netomx Ympker
  • Marson sent the payment as Friends and Family, so he's not covered with PP purchase protection. But that should still make him eligible to file a fraud claim right?

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited September 2018

@dipesh_batheja Why did you buy from him and not directly from hetzner auctions? What was the original price and the "offer" he gave you to prefer an unknown without name and website "reseller" than go with a valid option like buying from Hetzner directly?

@marson Even if you used "F&F" option, you cannot do a chargeback but you can report the receiver of the money as fraud, opening a ticket to paypal and explaining them all the facts of your situation. You probably won't get any money back, but mostly Paypal will froze his account and the funds are in there, banning him further from paypal network.

\Unfortunately, it is not only scammer's fault those situations, but also the victims itself when they should clearly saw the red lights on an "offer" but ignored them for some bucks (i guess not a lot of them). Paying an unknown? Paying with bitcoins or as "friends and family"? Trusting a complete stranger without a single clue who he is?

• @willie not sure how do i check that? Can't access Hetzner account or ssh it. He told me that new server is delivered to him after repair but he will not give it do me now. I have his complete chat on skype.