Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Most economical Dedicated Server setup for VPS and Shared Hosting Reselling?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Most economical Dedicated Server setup for VPS and Shared Hosting Reselling?

DedicadudeDedicadude Member
edited August 2018 in Help

Edit: Removed per @jsg request because he said I asked to many questions in LET.

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Spends all that time writing a wall of text but doesn't do some (google) research?

Or have you done that?

Thanked by 1vovler
  • @deank said:
    Spends all that time writing a wall of text but doesn't do some (google) research?

Or have you done that?

Too bad there's a difference between doing research using Google algorithm than to actually having a nice conversation with any experienced hosting provider about the topic...

• deankdeank Member, Troll

I don't know, man. The world is out there for you to figure it out. Besides, a business won't reveal what is truly important to them.

Others can give you advice, guidelines, and whatnot, but all that shit won't matter in the end because you are you and each business is different.

Thanked by 2pike vovler
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@Dedicadude said:
    Too bad there's a difference between doing research using Google algorithm than to actually having a nice conversation with any experienced hosting provider about the topic...

Too bad that experienced hosting providers prefer to talk with existing or potential customer rather than with wannabe competitors.

You already got a lot of feedback and help here but you seem determined to abuse our friendlyness.

Thanked by 1pike
  • pikepike Veteran
    1. Primary name server? Geo-located or optional?

1. Secondary name server? Geo-located or optional?

1. Main server? Single location or multiple servers in different locations?

Hetzner

1. Virtualization software? What type and how much?

Debian thx

1. Control panel software? Do you resell?

ssh

1. Other paid or open source software?

no and yes

1. Billing software? Mainstream or custom made?

paypal

1. Security related software? Cloudflare? DDos? Anti-spam?

a decent booter to take care of competitors

1. Email related service? Transactional?

• DedicadudeDedicadude Member
    edited August 2018

@jsg said:

@Dedicadude said:

Too bad that experienced hosting providers prefer to talk with existing or potential customer rather than with wannabe competitors.

You already got a lot of feedback and help here but you seem determined to abuse our friendlyness.

No problem man. I'm not forcing anyone to share their thoughts so what do you mean by that abuse part. It's all free will. I did not force anyone to join in this discussion tho. Feel free to ignore this post. Of course we know some won't share the "success recipe" with their potential competitors but come on, some might have a lot of backers but some even operate in their mom's garage somewhere in remote areas. After all, it's also possible that I can get some feedback from those who already resign or left this industry but still care to share some tips for newcomers... It's low end talk after all... Successful providers can go to some high end forums and chat with their potential customers...

Edit: it seems like you misinterpret who's the real wannabe here. if some random newbie like me is going to be your competitor (and the need to feel inferiority complex) i don't they think are fit enough to handle this business don't u think so... knowledge is an expensive lesson and not everybody wants to share, if i cant learn from this community then feel free to ban me or delete this account. no worries...

• The topic very interesting to be clear. But the sad part that nobody will answer here for your questions, because it's about business and competition. For what to answer ready2use solution to some random guy from the internet while all of these answers resulting very painful suffering in the process of gaining experience on the mistakes and loss of money, and health, and of course a time.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@Dedicadude

You are double mistaken. There are not only lowest end providers here and I'm not a hoster or provider.