Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LET - bug reports, improvements and feature requests. - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LET - bug reports, improvements and feature requests.

Comments

• I think I hear deank's horse outside. It is saying, "the end is neigh".

Thanked by 1vovler
  • tl;dr ..

hopefully this one no one mention yet.

this guy @deathlife23 online today but his profile said his last active was August 24 .. https://www.lowendtalk.com/profile/deathlife23

is it a bug?

Thanked by 2angstrom MasonR
  • Probably. Mine shows Aug 23 presently.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@creep said:
    tl;dr ..

hopefully this one no one mention yet.

this guy @deathlife23 online today but his profile said his last active was August 24 .. https://www.lowendtalk.com/profile/deathlife23

is it a bug?

That's why I mentioned that he had disappeared after opening that (silly) thread.

• Did the colours just change or am I having another episode?

(the green looks really light green)

• Yeah it's green now. "Night mode" would be interesting also

Thanked by 2Falzo casualjoe
  • armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

Is this new green on mobile only though?

• imokimok Member

@armandorg because desktop is already green

@imok said:

It might be my mobile issue, but it doesn't seem the exact green as in deskop though.

• @armandorg said:

@imok said:

It might be my mobile issue, but it doesn't seem the exact green as in deskop though.

It's not. It looks like I'm visiting a baby-related forum.

Thanked by 1imok

@luissousa said:

@armandorg said:

@imok said:

It's not. It looks like I'm visiting a baby-related forum.

Sooner or later you'll have one, if you do not have one currently. So it's okay. : |

Thanked by 1luissousa
  • AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Can we change the text back to the colour is was? The green is hard to read and looks awful!

• Hurry up and install a night theme, lock this Fred and move on

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @AlexanderM said:
    Can we change the text back to the colour is was? The green is hard to read and looks awful!

Pls do this! It’s hurting/burning/destroying/wrecking my eyes!

Thanked by 1trewq
  • @corbpie said:
    Hurry up and install a night theme, lock this Fred and move on

I don't use the mobile view much, so don't really care about it being green or blue... but a night theme I would like very much. +1

• Allow username changes?

If we go to edit profile we can see where we can change our email and username (which is greyed out) so it does appear possible.

• I think that is too abusable. If you want a username change ask a mod to do it, or open a ticket (support.lowendtalk.com).

@ethancedrik said:
    Allow username changes?

If we go to edit profile we can see where we can change our email and username (which is greyed out) so it does appear possible.

The way we identify each other on LET is via usernames. If someone could change their username at will, it would be difficult for others to know whether they're interacting with the same person, which wouldn't be good, and as @willie says, it could easily lead to abuse.

Thanked by 1rm_

@AlexanderM said:

I kinda like the soft pastel green on mobile. :smile: (But, yeah, kinda hard to argue about colors!)

• Now the OpenID button is no longer there. Is this temporary?

• May be because no one actually using it.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@simlev said:
    Now the OpenID button is no longer there. Is this temporary?

We noticed some wonkiness with the OpenID plug-in, so we've temporarily (and likely permanently) disabled it. Anyone who used OpenID to login should just be able to do a password reset to login normally.

• Add a "cancel" button to the posting window. Sometimes I start writing a post and then decide to not bother with it, but that leaves an automatically saved draft lingering around. Those pile up and I eventually have to go to my profile screen to delete them. Would be better to be able to click cancel to simply ditch an incomplete post in progress.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

willie said: Sometimes I start writing a post and then decide to not bother with it, but that leaves an automatically saved draft lingering around.

I just replace it with "-" or such, and click "Save draft".

• MrEdMrEd Member

@rm_ said:

willie said: Sometimes I start writing a post and then decide to not bother with it, but that leaves an automatically saved draft lingering around.

I just replace it with "-" or such, and click "Save draft".

But when you are on mobile and accidentally click on "Quote" of a very long post it is even hard to select everything and replace with such "-" :)

I am also 100% for "Cancel" button.

• rm_ said: I just replace it with "-" or such, and click "Save draft".

Yes I do that too, but they pile up and eventually I get around to cleaning them out. I'd rather not.

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited August 2018

loading of user profiles takes ages since a few days... maybe something messed up with the DB indexing?

edit: looks like a render blocking and failing request for https://www.lowendtalk.com/js/library/jquery.jcrop.min.js?v=2.6.1 , takes about 15sec to time out...

Thanked by 1v3ng
  • imokimok Member

@falzo not happening to me

Thanked by 2Falzo doghouch
  • FalzoFalzo Member
    edited August 2018

@imok said:
    @falzo not happening to me

thanks for the feedback, I get an 522 CF error on the specified file. can't tell why :/

• v3ngv3ng Member, Patron Provider

@Falzo said:
    loading of user profiles takes ages since a few days... maybe something messed up with the DB indexing?

edit: looks like a render blocking and failing request for https://www.lowendtalk.com/js/library/jquery.jcrop.min.js?v=2.6.1 , takes about 15sec to time out...

same problem here