Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for alpha testers for Feathur (BlueCP)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for alpha testers for Feathur (BlueCP)

Hello,

I'm looking to have some more people test our new control panel Feathur. I've got the user system where I like it and it's time to collect some feedback and see what needs to be tweaked (user side) for optimal comfort.

If you are interested in receiving a FREE VPS for testing purposes please feel free to PM me the following information:

• Your name.
  • Why you would like to try out this panel?
  • Are you currently a BlueVM customer?
  • Can you pen test it and look for vulnerabilities?

As part of the trial the VPS will most likely remain on our systems for a minimum of a few months and we will notify users a minimum of 1 week before their VPS is shut off. BlueVM customers and pen testers will be given priority at this time, however we are giving away nearly 100 VPS so I'm sure we won't run out (I hope?).

Anyway... send me your PMs.

Comments

• DerekDerek Member

Looks Promising.

• Applied.

• BlueVMBlueVM Member
    edited June 2013

Everyone who requested one has been granted one at this time. Thanks for assisting with the alpha test... (anyone else wanna give it a go?)

• pm sent..

• itgodsitgods Member

Thanks for assisting with the beta test...

Maeh.. it's a alpha test. :)

• BlueVMBlueVM Member

@itgods - Thanks, corrected. It's also a Monday which means I'm tired.

• BlueVMBlueVM Member

@Zen - By short time I assume you mean nearly 2 months XD

• 1GB bandwidth, Huh? I think installing a LAMP would run it out lol

• BlueVMBlueVM Member
    edited June 2013

@sundaymouse - Should be 1 TB. Might have miss typed it on WHMCS.

EDIT: Appears to actually be a real bug in the WHMCS module that I created. Will investigate further shortly. For the time being I've updated all current testers bandwidth limits to 1 TB from within the panel.

• GienGien Member

@itgods said:
    Maeh.. it's a alpha test. :)

Its called alpha, but from the looks and the functionallity i would consider it more like final beta testing, so that RC1 can come :D

just gave a quick overlook, looks smooth, fast, clean.. Will test more later on

• Nice. Have applied as well. Tq

• PM sent :D

• After a couple reloads of the OS I am currently at 117% of bandwidth limit, which is still shown as 1GB.

• We're gonna bill you for that at $1.99 per KB over the limit. Just like Cell Phone companies do!

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Your project looks promising. Keep it up.

• BlueVMBlueVM Member

@klpowell - I'll be patching that this evening.

Thus far we've found 8 total bugs, 6 minor, 2 "medium" in nature. I appreciate everyone's help thus far.

• As far as I tested last night, TUN/TAP and PPP are not really "ENABLED", don't know if it is patched yet.

• BlueVMBlueVM Member

@sundaymouse - Jack is correct, I'll go do it in a bit.

• mine seem like haven't provision yet

• @johnlth93 We're aware. Slight bug in something. @BlueVM is working on fixing it.

• @Magiobiwan said:
    johnlth93 We're aware. Slight bug in something. BlueVM is working on fixing it.

Okay understood. Good luck on fixing it @BlueVM

• xddxddxddxdd Member

PMed.

• I just want to ask two things, these are in Chicago right? And is it possible to have some gentoo images added to the rebuild options? If that is difficult or takes time don't worry about it.

• BlueVMBlueVM Member

@Setsura - Yes they are.... I'll see what I can do.

Thanked by 1Setsura
  • Looks pretty good in past two days, rebuilt a few times without any bug countered.

• @BlueVM i think mine haven't provisioned right? I haven't checked though

• FritzFritz Veteran

PM'ed you @BlueVM

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

So this is called Feather?

• BlueVMBlueVM Member

@Fliphost - Yes it got a rename.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

@BlueVM ah ok. Just saw a twitter account with the name linking to this thread.