Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ELI5 renting an ARIN /24 and a dedicated server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ELI5 renting an ARIN /24 and a dedicated server

Hi,

I currently have a budget of 100$/month (not sure if enough) to rent a /24 US IP Address and also rent a server to point those IPs to. My problem is I just do not know where to begin.

My main use of this is cloud VPS but I do not intend to sell them. I want to be able to spin up an instance and assign an IP address to it.

If anyone has the time to explain or recommendations on how I can achieve this, it is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Comments

• how many dam VPS do you want to spin up at once

• xTomxTom Member, Patron Provider

You should ask your provider and justify your IPv4 needs

• @Bopie said:
    how many dam VPS do you want to spin up at once

I usually do 10 - 20

• TomTom Member

You realise a /24 is ~255 IP's?

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • @xTom said:
    You should ask your provider and justify your IPv4 needs

currently, i do not have any provider, that is what I am trying to see if anyone can help recommend one.

• @Tom said:

yes i know

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@richardngo said:

@Tom said:

yes i know

Then why not just get a /28 instead?

Thanked by 2Aidan Tom
  • So what would the use case of about 20ips per server be ? and no at that price you wont get a dedicated server and a/24, maybe one or the other

• cubedatacubedata Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2018

@Bopie said:
    So what would the use case of about 20ips per server be ? and no at that price you wont get a dedicated server and a/24, maybe one or the other

posssibly shoebot, non whitehat reasons.

• @Bopie said:
    So what would the use case of about 20ips per server be ? and no at that price you wont get a dedicated server and a/24, maybe one or the other

Thanks! so in your estimate, how much would it cost to get both of them?

• @cubedata said:

@Bopie said:

man, people are here are quick to judge newbs but thank you for the input

• cubedatacubedata Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2018

@richardngo said:

@cubedata said:

@Bopie said:

read this: rules

and according to your registration date, you aren't new so....

• @cubedata said:

@richardngo said:

@cubedata said:

@Bopie said:

read this: rules

and according to your registration date, you aren't new so....

be careful, you might be violating the golden rule :)

If you guys think I am a spammer/botter, the people I bought VPS from here should have reported me already.

Anyways, I am still looking for anyone who can help.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

richardngo said: be careful, you might be violating the golden rule :)

That is unlikely. With how often this happens it is a common response.

• @Awmusic12635 said:

richardngo said: be careful, you might be violating the golden rule :)

That is unlikely. With how often this happens it is a common response.

that was a joke. Like I said, I am new (contrary to my registration date) so I do not have an idea on how common this happens.

Anyways, is it possible to get back on topic and get some help?

• hzrhzr Member

richardngo said: Anyways, is it possible to get back on topic and get some help?

People here will be hesitant to help you until you provide a good reasoning for such due to bad past experiences.

• @hzr said:

richardngo said: Anyways, is it possible to get back on topic and get some help?

People here will be hesitant to help you until you provide a good reasoning for such due to bad past experiences.

sounds fair, I currently can't justify using the whole /24 but I have a niche market I am targeting and have already have 20 clients (not going to be a vps reseller) lined up. These clients come and go depending on their need. I expect things to grow rapidly in the next 2-3 months. Nothing illegal like spam or bots etc

• needavpsneedavps Member
    edited August 2018

@willie just ban this guy. you close his other /24 thread and he create another one with the same vague nonsense like there's a niche ip market that is some sort of secret.

Thanked by 1Yura
  • @needavps said:
    @willie just ban this guy. you close his other /24 thread and he create another one with the same vague nonsense like there's a niche ip market that is some sort of secret.

wow, didn't know LET is so hostile to new people. @needvps pretty sure you already figured out all the way to earn money with IP and there is no more niche market in your world.

It seem pretty clear that people here are very unwilling to help. @willie go ahead and close or lock the thread.

• @richardngo said:

@needavps said:

wow, didn't know LET is so hostile to new people. @needvps pretty sure you already figured out all the way to earn money with IP and there is no more niche market in your world.

It seem pretty clear that people here are very unwilling to help. @willie go ahead and close or lock the thread.

Hostile???!? Your private message your request of $100 for a /24 to any of these providers and see what happens.

You call any of these providers with your request and price and see what happens.

Quite frankly you wasted alot of people's time and you cry victim? Please.

• williewillie Member
    edited August 2018

Hostility or lack of it aside, all IP requests and offers should go in the IP thread:

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/114478/the-aio-ip-related-thread-ipv4-ipv6-asn

And yes, getting that many IP's requires justification.

This discussion has been closed.