Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LET - bug reports, improvements and feature requests. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LET - bug reports, improvements and feature requests.

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Dismissing threads is racism and discrimination.

I will not sue.

• vpsGODvpsGOD Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2018

After maintenance I got this today

• pullangcubopullangcubo Member
    edited August 2018

@MasonR said:
    You can "dismiss" them, you silly goose. Then they'll just sink like normal threads.

Since we are in the business of suggesting features, another request would be a way to sort the threads where new threads (since a user has last logged in) will be isolated/sorted on top of the other older threads.

I was about to suggest putting a "dismiss" feature to regular threads so they would sink further per user (just like the "Mute" feature in Discourse), but I'm not sure if it'll be too complicated for Vanilla.

• Is @somewhatwindy also a new feature? Because every post I see here is Liked by him

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited August 2018

Actually, where do we find threads that we dismissed? I did that for the 2018 provider poll results, and now it's not listed even when going directly to https://www.lowendtalk.com/categories/announcements Nevermind, it was in General, not Announcements.

Thanked by 1Tom
  • lionlion Member

@NanoG6 said:
    Is @somewhatwindy also a new feature? Because every post I see here is Liked by him

Yes, it's a feature called autism.

Thanked by 1luissousa
  • Url's won't open in a new tab anymore if you just click on them? I always use the the html a tag with target="_blank" attribute because I like having it default open in a new tab but I've noticed that it doesn't work anymore in my posts

• TomTom Member

Now that we have "Liking", there isn't a way to "Unlike"?

If I remember correctly, there was a way to "Un-thank"?

• @Tom said:
    Now that we have "Liking", there isn't a way to "Unlike"?

If I remember correctly, there was a way to "Un-thank"?

I'm sure that won't be too hard for them to fix. I guess we've all got to have a little patience. :/

• JohnMiller92JohnMiller92 Member
    edited August 2018

Thanks button now refreshes page, never did that before it used to be ajax'd IIRC.

edit: Unthank button is ajax'd however just tested :D

• @JohnMiller92 said:
    Thanks button now refreshes page, never did that before it used to be ajax'd IIRC.

Sometimes it refreshes, sometimes it just goes away until you refresh. This is something that broke after updating to the latest Vanilla. We are looking into it.

• kbapkbap Member

Not sure if it's happening only to me, but selecting text outside a thread will still show the little "quote" button, clicking just goes to the comment field

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • FalzoFalzo Member
    edited August 2018

@JohnMiller92 said:

seems to be fixed now. thanks to the devs, reloading was quite annoying tbh.

PS: the unthank only appears after a reload though, but I sure as hell can live with that ;-)

Thanked by 1rm_
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Falzo said: PS: the unthank only appears after a reload though, but I sure as hell can live with that ;-)

Well, it was like that before the upgrade too.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • JohnMiller92JohnMiller92 Member
    edited August 2018

Yay! thanks button is fixed. The end is not nigh. Appreciate it

Thanked by 1MrObvious
  • imokimok Member

@imok said:
    Improvements: Change the "thanks" button to "like" button.

Reason: a wider meaning for positive reactions. Also I think it's used in that way currently.

Admin edit: Done.

Admin edit 2: In hindsight, this wasn't the best idea.

LOL What happened here.

• @AnthonySmith commented in another thread:

AnthonySmith said: guys there are new devs working on improvements for LET this one was picked as a quick little project, it never had to be permanent.

Question: who are these devs? From CC, from our membership, etc.? Is there a reason we can't be doing this stuff ourselves? There are good devs in our community.

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited August 2018

Why do I keep getting notifications for this thread? I’m pretty sure I have it set to only notify me when I’m mentioned...

Edit: Derp. The thread was set to notify me of every response because I had the little star enabled...

• Another useful feature would be the ability to forward and quote from private messages that one has sent or received, similar to how one can forward email. One can copy and paste but it's often less than ideal.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@willie yep cc staff

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@willie said:
    @AnthonySmith commented in another thread:

AnthonySmith said: guys there are new devs working on improvements for LET this one was picked as a quick little project, it never had to be permanent.

Question: who are these devs? From CC, from our membership, etc.? Is there a reason we can't be doing this stuff ourselves? There are good devs in our community.

CC devs. This forum is one of their assets. It would be negligent to let someone not employed by them make changes.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • Bug: OpenID url must now include https://, whereas me.yahoo.com used to be enough.
    Note I've been forced to create a local password.

• add text after Provider which hosting they represent. I saw few provider didn't use signature so it hard to know who is who.

for example OVH they had a lot representative here.

• @sibaper said:
    add text after Provider which hosting they represent. I saw few provider didn't use signature so it hard to know who is who.

for example OVH they had a lot representative here.

+1

• imokimok Member

sibaper said: I saw few provider didn't use signature so it hard to know who is who.

This could be a rule for providers and host reps instead. They will be indexed when they screw something up:

• Positive: they will try to do things better and have a good actitude if they care about customers.
    • Negative: it can easily damage their reputation if they are not prepared to handle a PR crisis.
    Thanked by 1sibaper
  • williewillie Member
    edited August 2018

sibaper said: add text after Provider which hosting they represent. I saw few provider didn't use signature so it hard to know who is who.

That doesn't need a software change. Just ask them to use a signature. I'd expect that most of the time, they'd want to do that. So if they didn't think of it, a simple request/suggestion should be enough.

Thanked by 1sibaper
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Edit should be 4 or 12 hours ?

• hostnamastehostnamaste Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2018

You guys should add the locations to find the host i.e (United States, Europe, Asia (India,..)) from LET in Categories if possible.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

hostnamaste said: You guys should add the locations to find the host i.e (United States, Europe, Asia (India,..)) from LET in Categories if possible.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/144149/let-provider-register-directory-find-your-next-host-here

• vovlervovler Member
    edited August 2018

Bug report: @deank's comments are not ghosted