Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Provider Poll - H1 2018 - THE RESULTS - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Provider Poll - H1 2018 - THE RESULTS

2»

Comments

• imokimok Member

@vovler said:
    When are the prizes coming out?

Yes, the prizes! Where are they?

Thanked by 1v3ng
  • I won the dedi!

• mrVM 4
    mrvm.net 1

They should be he same one.

Thanked by 1mikho
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@tianyi said:
    mrVM 4
    mrvm.net 1

They should be he same one.

4 points in the ”best provider category” and 1 point in ”Most Improved” category.

Thank you all who voted for me. I’m happy to see that my first year as a VPS provider has been so well received.

• No votes for MzunguHosting, I'm deeply disappointed.

• There should be a slot for "the most depressed hosting provider", which I will vote for Offline.

Thanked by 1gkz
  • congrats to all the winner. at least i trust the top 10 provider, well deserved.

• @Aidan said:
    No votes for MzunguHosting, I'm deeply disappointed.

1. MZUNGUHOSTING
    2. OVH
    3. ChimpanzeeHost
    Thanked by 2Aidan Clouvider
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Rigged!

I demand recount.

• Aruba = ArubaCloud, I guess - no need for two separate items.

• ah! no one voted for dewlance, w00t and other crap :P

• @Sofia_K said:
    ah! no one voted for dewlance, w00t and other crap :P

Haha I considered voting for vvoot as a joke but then decided against it. I figured me doing that would be like someone shouting "Allah's snackbar" on a plane...

Thanked by 1Sofia_K
  • williewillie Member
    edited August 2018

Nekki said: On what basis, how do you think they significantly improve the Hetzner proposition?

Erm: they now have the least expensive hourly VM's and (for dedis) storage add-ons by quite a long shot. Plus the hourly VM's complement the dedi offerings nicely, being connected by fast local network. There was also a big drop in auction server prices which probably felt like an improvement to lots of us even if it didn't reflect a specific Hetzner action. Plus there was the addition of DDOS protection a while back (not in H1 2018 admittedly) that made them far more attractive for web sites. Before that, they were known for kicking out anyone who experienced the slightest DDOS which I thought made them unsuitable for public-facing services of any sort. And, while not related to cloud or flexipack, they have had a number of aggressive additions to their regular product line, particularly in the EX and (recently) SX series, with the AX160 also very impressive if you want such a big server.

So yeah I think the "improved" votes they received were well earned. Their main attraction a few years ago was cheap CPU and storage in the auction servers (that's why I signed up) if you were willing to avoid ever exposing yourself to DDOS, but they have become quite formidable since then on many fronts.

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

hawc said: Hetzner 74 @Hetzner_OL
    hawc said: 2nd award: Most Improved:

Hetzner 30 - @Hetzner_OL

Wow! Thanks everyone! It's pretty cool to win "Most Improved", even if not everyone agrees. On a personal level I hope that I've helped improve transparency a bit. That's my personal goal with social media. Thanks for everyone who voted for us, and thanks to the mods for organizing it!

There's another very recent improvement that hasn't really been advertized yet, but is live: our new Backup Service feature for our dedicated root servers; https://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/BackupService/en

@vovler said:

Are there actually prizes? I thought this was all just for bragging rights. I clearly have not been spending enough time on LET. Regardless, it's really nice to get the positive feedback. --Katie, Marketing

Thanked by 1v3ng
  • HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@Hetzner_OL said:

@vovler said:

Are there actually prizes? I thought this was all just for bragging rights. I clearly have not been spending enough time on LET. Regardless, it's really nice to get the positive feedback. --Katie, Marketing

Prizes are for the folks who participated in the voting, not providers. You just get a shiny 'Top Provider' tag next to your username, and bragging rights.

A bunch of different providers offered up prizes that would be drawn randomly. So there were a bunch of account credits, VPS's, a few months of a dedicated server, etc.

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

Harambe said: Prizes are for the folks who participated in the voting, not providers. You just get a shiny 'Top Provider' tag next to your username, and bragging rights.

That makes a lot more sense. I personnally have won very few things in life, so I get overly excited. Sorry for jumping the gun. But I am still doing various embarrassing victory dances here in my office and sharing the good news with my co-workers. --Katie

• First-RootFirst-Root Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2018

@Hetzner_ol Katie send me a PN I donate you a free .de domain for one year so that you have won something as well ;)

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • angstromangstrom Moderator

@Hetzner_OL said:

Harambe said: Prizes are for the folks who participated in the voting, not providers. You just get a shiny 'Top Provider' tag next to your username, and bragging rights.

That makes a lot more sense. I personnally have won very few things in life, so I get overly excited. Sorry for jumping the gun. But I am still doing various embarrassing victory dances here in my office and sharing the good news with my co-workers. --Katie

The small joys in life. :-)

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • @Hetzner_OL said:

I hate to break it, but OVH seems superior to hetzner... you probably saw that they donated dedicated server for 6 month free to prize pool?

so let's get back to real LET business (aka being cheeeeeeaap) and talk about the prices hetzner will offer during the next provider poll :-P :-P :-D

Thanked by 1ehab
  • letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

Thanks for everyone supported us.

• YuchYuch Member

proud of having 2 out of the top 5

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@willie said:

Nekki said: On what basis, how do you think they significantly improve the Hetzner proposition?

Erm:

Erm? Prick.

Thanked by 1vpsuser
  • thanks for results :)

• Congrats to all winners and other providers on the list.

• Surprised to see HostUS so high. I had a VPS with them that had so much downtime I thought they were taking it offline for fun. I wouldn`t use them again.

• @sandanista said:
    Surprised to see HostUS so high. I had a VPS with them that had so much downtime I thought they were taking it offline for fun. I wouldn`t use them again.

What node/location?