Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Online.net changed the price of special server - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Online.net changed the price of special server

Comments

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor
    edited August 2018

This move is interesting since the Online.net CEO had just said this last month:

@abermingham said:
    No servers price raising yet for any existing customer (and never happened since 13 years i work there)
    In all case, there is 1-2 month prior notification, despite we have an non-engagement contract (it's a monthly subscription).
    We will introduce a lot of new sexy offers soon, stay turned, you will love them :-)

And somebody correct me if I'm mistaken, but September 1st (when the price change takes effect) is less than 1 month away. Not very sexy in my opinion.

Luckily my START-2-XS-SATA that was picked up last month seems to be unaffected.

Thanked by 4Frecyboy Aidan rm_ Yura
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

CEOs don't know anything. They are just there to collect checks and get blamed for whatever bad things happen.

Thanked by 2ehhthing Tumbleguy1
  • Never trust the French. Especially the rich ones.

Thanked by 1Tumbleguy1
  • kzedkzed Member

so they only changed the XC DEALS 1701.2 plan only, and XC DEALS 1701.1 is still unchanged right?

• They changed the BF2016 and XC Deals and other stuff, too. The hand is neigh.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited August 2018

Shot2 said: Probably some time after the 19th, so that they can charge you another full month :P

When they rise their prices, they will give you time to cancel the server or continue with the new costs. Don't speculate without valid facts.
    As of the increased price, mine (1701.1) has not yet any changed price in client's area nor I have received any email. If they rise the price, I will cancel the server - not worth the ~12€ pre taxes and ~2€ pre taxes each additional ipv4 for this kind of configuration...

UPDATE: I am going to cancel the servers anyway. I have two of them (7€x2+VAT) with 3 failover ips (3x2€+VAT), costing me ~25€ (the initial offer price, not any increased price yet).
    I just ordered a second Hetzner server, with i7-3770, 2xSATA 3TB, 2x8192 DDR3 (16GB total), 3 failover ipv4, gigabit port with 20TB outgoing traffic (after that, they cap it to 10Mbit) for ~24€ total.
    There is no comparison on those configs and price...

• @jvnadr said:

Shot2 said: Probably some time after the 19th, so that they can charge you another full month :P

When they rise their prices, they will give you time to cancel the server or continue with the new costs. Don't speculate without valid facts.

Don't speculate without valid facts, either. Got e-mail today at 10:02:27 GMT about the price hike. They indeed give me generous time -- 86 hours -- to either cancel due to the price hike, or get renewed for a full month at full price. Fortunately, nobody is having summer holidays at this time of the year, so everyone will get notified and given the opportunity to cancel in due time. Or Not.

Thanked by 2jvnadr torrbox
  • My one seems untouched.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited August 2018

Shot2 said: Got e-mail today at 10:02:27 GMT about the price hike. They indeed give me generous time -- 86 hours -- to either cancel due to the price hike

OK, fair point, until now they would give an extra month. Although, if you cancel, the server will be online until the end of the month, so, it is plenty of time to move the services. of course, another valid point from you is that they do that in the middle of the summer time in EU, when many people do indeed are on vacation.
    So, mea culpa on "plenty of time". Anyway, it is a shame on increasing an offer price for such an outdated cpu with single HDD and ip...

• @mtsbatalha said:
    My one seems untouched.

Only the former "special" offers (Blackfriday/Sales/Deals which were all recurring until now) are impacted by the price hike. Not the "regular" offers.

Thanked by 1mtsbatalha
  • @MasonR said:
    This move is interesting since the Online.net CEO had just said this last month:

@abermingham said:
    No servers price raising yet for any existing customer (and never happened since 13 years i work there)
    In all case, there is 1-2 month prior notification, despite we have an non-engagement contract (it's a monthly subscription).
    We will introduce a lot of new sexy offers soon, stay turned, you will love them :-)

And somebody correct me if I'm mistaken, but September 1st (when the price change takes effect) is less than 1 month away. Not very sexy in my opinion.

Luckily my START-2-XS-SATA that was picked up last month seems to be unaffected.

Not sexy indeed.
    While we were staying "turned", we got promptly introduced @abermingham's little wee-wee into our low-end butts :P

• HandleHandle Member
    edited August 2018

I'm also affected with two XC DEALS 1701.2. Interestingly Online.net is violating their own ToS: https://www.online.net/cgv-web-en.pdf

Article XIV.
    MODIFICATIONS

The User shall be informed via the Account Management Console of any contractual modification one calendar month before it comes into force.

• Handle said: The User shall be informed via the Account Management Console of any contractual modification one calendar month before it comes into force.

since they're the ruler, they can bypass it.

• I got same email, yeah the short notice is crap and the increase in general is annoying and something they haven't done before. I have the SSD version and also a LT 1701.1. I didn't get a notice (yet) about the 1701.1 which is an E3-1230v3/32GB/2x1TB at 19.99 eur/m, good deal but idling so I was getting ready to cancel it and hold onto the 6.99 euro Atom. Will probably cancel both now, though the atom is objectively a good deal at 11.99 and it's interesting that it's possible to order more at that price.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited August 2018

Online.net pulled a NorthHost.

• And... here it is:

ONLINE SAS
    Technical assistance
    BP 438 - 75366 Paris CEDEX 08
    France

>

Tel: 01 84 13 00 00

>

Dear customer,

>

The price of your server Pro-1-S-15K, formerly known as Dedibox Limited 1215, is updated as of 2018-09-01. It will now be charged €24.99 per month tax excluded.

>

To our knowledge, however, we remain the most competitive player on the market and still want to offer you attractive prices, so that you can benefit from the best price-performance ratio.

>

Many thanks for your trust.

>

If you have any questions, please contact our assistance https://console.online.net/assistance/

>

Best regards,

>

--
    The Online team

• The funny thing is, all these "old" servers experiencing a price hike are now back in stock on the order page (without setup fee, afaict).

• vishvish Member

Cancelled all my online servers as well. Looks like ovh will get even more of my idle dedi business

Thanked by 1alice2k
  • I recall getting offered one of these 8C Avaton's for around this new price when one of my Kidechire boxes died (shortly before they pulled the plug on them), and thought it was a reasonable deal at the time for my use. Swapped it soon after for the identical XC deal when it came. Can't complain really, it was superb deal whilst it lasted, and still isn't unreasonable now for what you get.

• acidpukeacidpuke Member
    edited August 2018

Just canceled my servers also....I'm not down with that high of a price jump. If it was 1 euro like kimsufi did a while back for extra ddos costs...I'd probably keep it

• 5 Euro price hike for Dedi limited 1215. Is it normal to push the prices so much in one go?

Looking at ovh for my needs now. Gonna cancel

• fanfan Veteran

Cancelled two servers and stick to OVH/Kimsufi. Goodbye online.net!

• "victim of its own success"

That's an interesting way to say "out of stock". :)

• I got the email, too. Even if the price is not really bad, their poor behavior of such a short notice in the middle of the August on deciding about keeping them or cancelling them, made me request a cancellation.
    Welcome my second Hetzner server with Raid1 and additional ipv4 for 1 euro!

P.S. I guess that instead of buying new servers, they recycle the old ones with the same configuration and same old disks with increased prices on the product line of "success victims". Poor move, very poor...
    Now, nobody will be sure with Online.net if the price of their infrastructure will remain the same or they will be pushed (or even blackmailed) to accept price increase of 80%!

Thanked by 1exception0x876
  • abermingham said: No servers price raising yet for any existing customer (and never happened since 13 years i work there) In all case, there is 1-2 month prior notification, despite we have an non-engagement contract (it's a monthly subscription). We will introduce a lot of new sexy offers soon, stay turned, you will love them :-)

Oh, yeah, those are really sexy offers! We surely love them! Thaaaank you!

Thanked by 1drizbo
  • Goodbye online.net!

• Subject : Service termination

Dear Sir or Madam,

Service termination has been validated, you can see details below:

* LT DEALS 1701.1 (sd-XXXXX) expires on 2018-09-01 00:00:00
    * Basic service level expires on 2018-09-01 00:00:00
    * Server IP Address (XXX.XXX.XXX.XXXX) expires on 2018-09-01 00:00:00

I think they will increase my idling servers, sooner or later, so I decided to cancel them before the "judgment day". It is quite a pity since my 1701.1 and 1701.3 boxes are ok for the price :-)

• A company without credibility. Love life, stay away from "Online"!

• jvnadr said: Oh, yeah, those are really sexy offers! We surely love them! Thaaaank you!

You didn't notice the word "yet", do you? LOL.

• NomadNomad Member
    edited August 2018

Has nothing to do with the reasoning at this topic and my cancellation is merely a coincidence in terms of timing but still feels weird.
    Was a nice server

* MD DEALS 1701.1 (sd-666) expires on 2018-09-01 00:00:00
    * Backup 100GB expires on 2018-09-01 00:00:00
    * Basic service level expires on 2018-09-01 00:00:00
    * Server IP Address (127.0.0.1) expires on 2018-09-01 00:00:00
    * RPN-E expires on 2018-09-01 00:00:00