Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need very powerful servers. 128RAM, 2×1TB NVMe, XEON - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need very powerful servers. 128RAM, 2×1TB NVMe, XEON

2»

Comments

• x2plagx2plag Member
    edited August 2018

@ehhthing said:
    Leaseweb in Singapore has a server that kinda reaches your requirements. If you want 128 GB of ram, it will cost $226.88 (SGD 310). https://www.leaseweb.com/dedicated-server/configure/27572

Where do you get that price? It is way about 300 USD.
    I think Korea is a good way to go too.
    OPEN for any offers

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

x2plag said: I think Korea is a good way to go too. OPEN for any offers

I think most of the South Easy Asian countries have similar rates these days. All the same big ISPs operate there, so the main differences are down to local laws, electricity and property prices. Since bandwidth is most of the cost in Asia, that is the biggest factor. I imagine KR has a slight advantage given lower property prices, but apparently have some interesting rules regarding setting up an ISP and doing BGP which make it a little difficult to operate there.

• I always thought KR had super cheap and abundant bw within the country. KR to China (or wherever) might be a different story of course.

Thanked by 1angstrom

@willie said:
    I always thought KR had super cheap and abundant bw within the country. KR to China (or wherever) might be a different story of course.

Domestic bandwidth is normally cheap and plentiful in most countries.

HK local bandwidth is pennies, as I'm sure is the case with SG local bandwidth.

Some cheap carriers operate in Asia now too, like Cogent and HE.net, which have put tremendous downwards pressure on bandwidth prices. At super large commitments, it's possible to get bandwidth under US$1Mbit in HK. But it should be noted that a 1G local loop still cost about US$1,000. Meaning you need commitments in excess of 10G to see prices below the $1 mark, which means a commitment of close to $10K /month. And not many people are willing to pay that much for what is essentially a cheap budget carrier.

• "Good connection to China" costs arms and legs. Japan and Korea are alternatives but you must be very careful about your choices since some peering could be heavily congested during peak hours -- peak hours usually means 9 AM to 11 PM China time.

Also CT CU CM all have different flavor on routing and peering, so you would have to manually tweak your networking policy or even set up ISP-based DNS policy. It's pain ass to work with international traffic in China.

Thanked by 1randvegeta
  • ehhthingehhthing Member
    edited August 2018

@x2plag said:

@ehhthing said:
    Leaseweb in Singapore has a server that kinda reaches your requirements. If you want 128 GB of ram, it will cost $226.88 (SGD 310). https://www.leaseweb.com/dedicated-server/configure/27572

Where do you get that price? It is way about 300 USD.
    I think Korea is a good way to go too.
    OPEN for any offers

310 SGD. (S$ = Singapore Dollars)
    310 SGD is approx. $230

• ehhthingehhthing Member
    edited August 2018

@willie said:
    I always thought KR had super cheap and abundant bw within the country. KR to China (or wherever) might be a different story of course.

Korea has ... interesting bandwidth to china. On China Unicom (physically near korea), I get usually 10 mbps on a 30-50mbps line. The ping is really great though (~50ms). Most international bandwidth (in my experience) max out at 10 - 15 mbps.

A friend on China Mobile in the south has terrible (>300ms) ping to Korea Telecom, although China Mobile has terrible ping in general internationally.

Not sure how the bandwidth from China Telecom is.

In Singapore, Leaseweb has good routing and bandwidth to China Unicom (again, max out at 10-15 mbps). Note that Leaseweb has very high packet loss to any other ISP in China. OneAsiaHost/IndoVirtue as great ping and decent (10mbps) bandwidth to China Telecom.

In Japan, most Japanese providers have good ping to all CU/CT (not sure about bandwidth), they're not CN2 though.

The only (in my experience) place (other than Hong Kong CN2) with consistently good ping and bandwidth to China is Taiwan, especially HINET.

With your specs, you aren't going to get a server for $200 with good china bandwidth. The most you can expect is 100ms+ ping and decent bandwidth.

Thanked by 1randvegeta
  • skbenterpriseskbenterprise Member, Patron Provider

On behalf of SKB Enterprise B.V. I can offer you the following server:

P-E5v4-128

• 2x Intel Xeon E5-2620v4 (16 cores, 32 threads, 2.1 GHz)
    • 128 GB DDR4 RAM
    • 2x 960 GB SSD
    • 1x IPv4
    • 1x /48 IPv6
    • 1 Gbps uplink
    • 50 TB traffic

Monthly price: € 199,00 (~ $227,00)
    Setup fee: € 25,00 (~ $28,50)

Can be ordered at: https://clients.skb-enterprise.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=127

If you're in need of custom offers, please send us an e-mail at [email protected]. You can also look at our other offers at https://skb-enterprise.com/dedicated-server/

Datacenter: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Network: AS64425

Why should you choose us instead of others?

• We're in business since 2013
    • We own the hardware were our customers run on
    • Our support is always available, even in the weekend and night. We usually reply within 1 hour
    • Monthly contracts
    • Gameservers, VPN, adult content and streaming is allowed on our network
    • Real-time insights into your traffic usage and Reverse DNS is configurable

Payment methods

• PayPal
    • CreditCard
    • Bank transfer
    • iDeal
    • Bitcoin
    • Sofort
    • Giropay
    • MyBank

Company details
    SKB Enterprise B.V.
    CoC The Netherlands: 69737770
    VAT: NL857990822B01
    Sales: [email protected]

@skbenterprise said:
    On behalf of SKB Enterprise B.V. I can offer you the following server:

P-E5v4-128

• 2x Intel Xeon E5-2620v4 (16 cores, 32 threads, 2.1 GHz)
    • 128 GB DDR4 RAM
    • 2x 960 GB SSD
    • 1x IPv4
    • 1x /48 IPv6
    • 1 Gbps uplink
    • 50 TB traffic

Monthly price: € 199,00 (~ $227,00)
    Setup fee: € 25,00 (~ $28,50)

Can be ordered at: https://clients.skb-enterprise.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=127

If you're in need of custom offers, please send us an e-mail at [email protected]. You can also look at our other offers at https://skb-enterprise.com/dedicated-server/

Datacenter: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Network: AS64425

Why should you choose us instead of others?

• We're in business since 2013
    • We own the hardware were our customers run on
    • Our support is always available, even in the weekend and night. We usually reply within 1 hour
    • Monthly contracts
    • Gameservers, VPN, adult content and streaming is allowed on our network
    • Real-time insights into your traffic usage and Reverse DNS is configurable

Payment methods

• PayPal
    • CreditCard
    • Bank transfer
    • iDeal
    • Bitcoin
    • Sofort
    • Giropay
    • MyBank

Company details
    SKB Enterprise B.V.
    CoC The Netherlands: 69737770
    VAT: NL857990822B01
    Sales: [email protected]

I think the guy is looking for Asia based servers now

• winnervpswinnervps Member, Host Rep

@x2plag, Indonesia location would be counted in?

• 8xCPU Xeon E7-2850

2.4Ghz - 8 Processors

80 Cores / 160 threads

1024GB RAM

8x2TB

Is that good for you ?

• yongsikleeyongsiklee Member, Patron Provider

@holhost said:
    8xCPU Xeon E7-2850

2.4Ghz - 8 Processors

80 Cores / 160 threads

1024GB RAM

8x2TB

Is that good for you ?

Is the hard drive NVME? Otherwise, NOPE!!!

• @maldovia said:
    How many IPs? What is your budget?

Hello

• wtfcookwtfcook Member
    edited November 2018

@737bc said:

@maldovia said:
    How many IPs? What is your budget?

Hello

Thanked by 1randvegeta
  • lovemindsloveminds Member
    edited November 2018

@ehhthing said:

@x2plag said:

@ehhthing said:

@x2plag said:
    Thank you guys! I enjoy OVH very much for 2 months. Now I need ASIA location (Japan/China/Singapore..etc) but OVH dont have anything in Asia.
    Where to look at next?
    Thank you.

@randvegeta (again) can help you in Hong Kong

Prices are pretty high at hosthongkong.net
    I use Xeon E5-1650v3 - 128GB - 2x960 NVMe at OVH and it cost me 200 USD. So I am looking for similar price.

Hong Kong is an expensive location, in Asia, the cheapest is usually in Singapore.

SG also little expensive than malay,indonesia...

@willie said:

But international bandwidth especially to chinese also expensive in korea

Better Chinese connection is extreme expensive,due to main network services provider are state-controlled monopoly in this country

• VeespVeesp Member, Host Rep

Hello!
    If you are still open for considering different options, why not give a chance for a Russian provider. We have a pretty good connection to China. 24T Xeon, 128GB RAM with 4TB SAS HDD x4 + RAID will be about $238 if you pay annually. For more details, please, contact us https://veesp.com/en/products/dedicated-servers