Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner drops flexi pack - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner drops flexi pack

2»

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited August 2018

@willie said:
    Oh I see, my search parameters were too restrictive. But anyway I don't see it now, so probably someone nabbed it. There's another one for 102 euro. This is insane either way. Some years back I had a somewhat pressing need at work for a server like that but the cost would have been ridiculous (I used around 100 smaller servers instead). Now it's semi-affordable from beer money except I don't have a use for it any more.

Click the url, its still there.

• Oh ok, the one I saw (102 euro) was the same server, but with VAT included.

• vimalware said: Has anyone added an SSD to an HDD-only auction server for the stated hardware price (6.5EUR for consumer 240G ssd).

I don't want to be surprised by hidden setup fees anymore.

yes I did.

just ordered an auction box and after it got delivered simply opened a support ticket, asking them to put in two additional SSDs (chose the 500GB consumer at 11,90 /w VAT). also stated exactly that pricing to be accepted and asking if there is anything else needed.

received an answer less than an hour later to be told that the SSD are now added and ready to use. and that was all about it :-)

What I can't tell yet tbh is what I will have to pay for it, because my billing date with hetzner is the 25th or something like that and I only did this on the 28th, so have not received a new invoice yet :-D
    but I have no doubt that there will be no trouble with it anyway.

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

@chx said:

@willie said:
    Wonder if it's time for a refresh of the SX line, to switch to 10TB drives. SX291 with 150TB of storage starts to get interesting :).

14TB or GTFO. Toshiba and Seagate have 14TB PMR drives.

We get it. Just like with caffeine, more is better, right...?
    https://www.hetzner.com/dedicated-rootserver/matrix-sx

--Katie, Marketing

Thanked by 3mikho dragon1993 vish

willie said: @Hetzner_OL I notice that https://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/Root_Server_Hardware/en#RAM mentions you can add 16x 64GB ram (total 1TB) to the AX160, but the AX160 page mentions a 512GB maximum. You might ask your web team to fix this discrepancy. I can't wait to get a 1TB server ;-).

It is possible to get 1TB on the AX160, but there is very small demand for it. So we consider this to be a custom build. That's why this choice isn't activated on the configuration interace.

You can write us a support ticket to request it. And we will order the memory models and build the configuration for you as quickly as possible. When you write your support request, make sure to confirm that you accept the extra cost for the upgrade. --Katie, Marketing

@vimalware and @Falzo - To answer your concerns about hidden fees -- Don't worry, there aren't any. I just double checked with my colleague. We won't charge you for setup or the old Flexi-pack fee.

We're pretty excited to see how customers are going to react to this change, so we appreciate any feedback you can give us. --Katie, Marketing

Thanked by 2vimalware Falzo
  • @Hetzner_OL said:
    @vimalware and @Falzo - To answer your concerns about hidden fees -- Don't worry, there aren't any. I just double checked with my colleague. We won't charge you for setup or the old Flexi-pack fee.

We're pretty excited to see how customers are going to react to this change, so we appreciate any feedback you can give us. --Katie, Marketing

in short? one of the best changes ever. :-D :-D :-D

adds a lot of value at a really fair pricing point to the auction servers if you can easily drop in e.g. additional SSD drives...

Thanked by 2vimalware beagle
  • @Hetzner_OL said:

Can one actually ask for a quote for say x TB/RAM to be added beforehand so one can then decide whether the extra price works out or drop the request?

• @Ympker said:

@Hetzner_OL said:

Can one actually ask for a quote for say x TB/RAM to be added beforehand so one can then decide whether the extra price works out or drop the request?

afaik prices for HDD upgrades are fixed: https://www.hetzner.de/flexipack/

RAM you most likely have to ask for a quote. might heavily depend on the server and how many slots are already taken etc. - details about the latter can be found in the description of each auction server.

upgrading 16G imho won't make sense, as 32G models usually are only a few bucks more anyway. most of the 32GB server though already come with 4x8GB and there are no free slots left. chances are there is no easy or cheap way to add to that

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @Falzo said:

@Ympker said:

@Hetzner_OL said:

afaik prices for HDD upgrades are fixed: https://www.hetzner.de/flexipack/

RAM you most likely have to ask for a quote. might heavily depend on the server and how many slots are already taken etc. - details about the latter can be found in the description of each auction server.

upgrading 16G imho won't make sense, as 32G models usually are only a few bucks more anyway. most of the 32GB server though already come with 4x8GB and there are no free slots left. chances are there is no easy or cheap way to add to that

Cool! Thanks mate :) Flexipack looks dope^^

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @drivex said:

@jetchirag said:
    What about the users already paying for it on recurring basis? :(

@Hetzner_OL

I‘ve seen an answer in their board, that you can write a ticket and get the flexi option removed from your existing server.

Weird, paying Flexi Pack for years and just asked to remove it I got this answer:

Dear Client,

you always get charged the price and the conditions which were current when you bought the server. Even if something changes on our website during this time, you have to pay for what you bought the services.

@Hetzner_OL it doesn't apply any more (removal of flexi pack) ?

• pikepike Veteran

@chrismfz said:

No, it doesn't apply anymore. Also nice necro.

Hi @chrismfz - Could you please give me the ticket number for the answer you quoted? To the best of my knowledge, you can write a support request to remove the FlexiPack. That should work. However, perhaps there is an exception that I am unaware of. I'll try to find out more information. --Katie

• @chrismfz said:

@drivex said:

@jetchirag said:
    What about the users already paying for it on recurring basis? :(

@Hetzner_OL

I‘ve seen an answer in their board, that you can write a ticket and get the flexi option removed from your existing server.

Weird, paying Flexi Pack for years and just asked to remove it I got this answer:

Dear Client,

you always get charged the price and the conditions which were current when you bought the server. Even if something changes on our website during this time, you have to pay for what you bought the services.

Well, I'm still paying for flexipack but they reduced my hard drives cost so I'm happy.