Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does Kimsufi Increased the Port Limit ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Does Kimsufi Increased the Port Limit ?

Hi
i have Serveur KS-4C - Intel i5-2300 - 16GB - 1x2To SATA from quite sometime and i rememebr it has 100Mb port , it was even limited to within ovh network.
but today i checked and you can see in pictures , does anyone else have same ?

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Most likely switch had to be replaced for some reason.

• Mine's still 100mbps. Lucky you :P

• LeeLee Veteran

Have seen this happen in the past, don't worry, they will find you and they will limit you again.

Thanked by 2mtsbatalha dfmcvn
  • There was a thread some months back about port speeds being increased at BHS.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Well, they upgraded some switches, most people as I read ended up with 1000/100 but not 1000/1000.

Seems like you are lucky.

• I lost connection to my servers today morning 10ish... guess it was the switch upgrade... but I am still on 100

• Mine is still 100Mbps.

I think it's not possible to upgrade to 1G because it Kimsufi is for low entry servers. If they upgrade Kimsufi to 1G (or 250M), it will conflict with SYS and OVH.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2018

Some of the low end servers don't have the interface to support gigabit anyways.

• Well Guess i am lucky for some moment.

Btw my server is in RBX1.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

I think it depends on network card and network switch, it sounds to me OP has 1Gbps network card and switch port has been incorrectly set for his server.

• Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider

Yes, it happens sometimes.

For example, a few days ago it was on SYS(limit 250mbps) - 1Gbit/s. Someone uploaded a files on the VPS:

• Hi @Vova1234, what software did you use to generate this image? https://i.13.yt/2018/08/09/1533810071-6791.png

• Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2018

@SolidxGaming said:
    Hi @Vova1234, what software did you use to generate this image?

This is VMmanager 5 KVM. The panel for creating VPS, popular in Russia.

Thanked by 1SolidxGaming