Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS for tor exit node(s)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS for tor exit node(s)

jzprjzpr Member
edited August 2018 in Requests

Seeking VPS's to use to host Tor exit nodes. Abuse notices are not a problem to us and we can answer them quickly if they are forwarded to us. Please don't tell us about the risks, we DO know them already and are hosting multiple nodes.

VZ Type: Anything except OpenVZ

Number of Cores: Any.

RAM: Min. 1GB

Disk Space: Min. 10GB

Disk Type: Any.

Bandwidth: Unlimited or very high preferred

Port Speed: The bigger, the better.

DDoS Protection: No.

Number of IPs: 1 IPv4, IPv6 is a plus.

Budget: <$10/month

Billing period: Any.

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll

The end is nigh.

Thanked by 1Wolveix
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited August 2018

@deank said:
    The end is nigh.

The exit is nigh.

Anyway, we allow TOR exit nodes and document such in out TOS and AUP.

Francisco

Thanked by 1Janevski
  • jzprjzpr Member

@Francisco Yup, you're in our list and as soon as you have more Luxembourg servers, we are getting one :)

@jzpr said:
    @Francisco Yup, you're in our list and as soon as you have more Luxembourg servers, we are getting one :)

Francisco

Thanked by 1netomx
    edited August 2018

Francisco for 2020.

Free VPs for everyone.

@deank said:
    Francisco for 2020.

Free VPs for everyone.

Communist scum.

Francisco

Thanked by 4Aluminat emgh netomx FHR
  • HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@deank said:
    Francisco for 2020.

Free VPs for everyone.

• @Francisco said:

@deank said:
    The end is nigh.

The exit is nigh.

Francisco

I read through your AUP and was wondering if the majority of complaints for the exit nodes come to the IP owner or the node runner? I have extra income I wouldn’t mind putting towards exits. I know of companies that will do it totally on my behalf but I’d still like to run the node myself in some instances. I can’t afford to answer complaints or handle legal issues myself though.

Stiny said: I read through your AUP and was wondering if the majority of complaints for the exit nodes come to the IP owner or the node runner? I have extra income I wouldn’t mind putting towards exits. I know of companies that will do it totally on my behalf but I’d still like to run the node myself in some instances. I can’t afford to answer complaints or handle legal issues myself though.

We get complaints but honestly, the people that know what they're doing are pretty easy going.

I am yet to regret my choices on publicly allowing TOR exits.

Francisco

Thanked by 1jvnadr
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@Francisco said:

Stiny said: I read through your AUP and was wondering if the majority of complaints for the exit nodes come to the IP owner or the node runner? I have extra income I wouldn’t mind putting towards exits. I know of companies that will do it totally on my behalf but I’d still like to run the node myself in some instances. I can’t afford to answer complaints or handle legal issues myself though.

We get complaints but honestly, the people that know what they're doing are pretty easy going.

Francisco

The Spamhaus and other blacklist listings don't annoy you? Or are you telling me there are people out there that actually secure their exits?

MikeA said: The Spamhaus and other blacklist listings don't annoy you? Or are you telling me there are people out there that actually secure their exits?

Port 25 at minimum is blocked by default in TOR so they would have to go out of their way to be spamming.

Still, on our AUP ( https://buyvm.net/acceptable-use-policy/#3 ) we document what their ExitPolicy has to cover at minimum.

Besides, we block all mail ports by default these days.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

MikeA said: The Spamhaus and other blacklist listings don't annoy you? Or are you telling me there are people out there that actually secure their exits?

Port 25 at minimum is blocked by default in TOR so they would have to go out of their way to be spamming.

Still, on our AUP ( https://buyvm.net/acceptable-use-policy/#3 ) we document what their ExitPolicy has to cover at minimum.

Besides, we block all mail ports by default these days.

Francisco

WHAT? slices have mail ports blocked... the end is nigh

needavps said: WHAT? slices have mail ports blocked... the end is nigh

By default on new services, yes.

A single ticket and the block comes off quicker than my towels.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

needavps said: WHAT? slices have mail ports blocked... the end is nigh

By default on new services, yes.

A single ticket and the block comes off quicker than my towels.

Francisco

... Yet your price comparison list on buyvm has not changed at all for months with the DO price changes. Just saying. You really slacking off.

needavps said: ... Yet your price comparison list on buyvm has not changed at all for months with the DO price changes. Just saying. You really slacking off.

Fair, been pretty busy and our team is small :)

Francisco

You are making a lot of hosts here jealous since they don't even have a team to begin with and have to pretend that there is a team.

@deank said:
    You are making a lot of hosts here jealous since they don't even have a team to begin with and have to pretend that there is a team.

There's 3 of us, Karen, Anthony, & I :)

Francisco

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep

@Francisco said:

Francisco

You haven't had any LLE with warrants yet?

jackb said: You haven't had any LLE with warrants yet?

Nope.

We require users have RDNS designating it as an exit so there's a good chance the police just leave it be, because it's TOR.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

@deank said:
    The end is nigh.

The exit is nigh.

Francisco

Very interesting!

What's your stance on freedom of speech?

edited August 2018

@Janevski said:

@Francisco said:

@deank said:
    The end is nigh.

The exit is nigh.

Francisco

Very interesting!

What's your stance on freedom of speech?

The page covers that too:

Frantech is a strong believer and supporter of Freedom of Speech and has taken a strong, and in some cases very public, stance against censorship. You're welcome to run Exit, Relay, and Bridge nodes, just follow the rules when doing so.

There's a literal article on the New Yorker calling me a racist because I won't shut down some racist website they want shutdown.

The same lady that wrote that article is the same one that called a soldier a racist a few months ago and ended up leaving the company because it was fake news.

Francisco

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2018

@Francisco said:

There's a literal article on the New Yorker calling me a racist because I won't shut down some racist website they want shutdown.

The same lady that wrote that article is the same one that called a soldier a racist a few months ago and ended up leaving the company because it was fake news.

That bitch is crazy. I remember looking at her Twitter account when the article went up and she was actively encouraging her followers to harass you.

Most people would buckle.. hell, most people did buckle. Immeasurable levels of respect earned for that move.

Everyone who grovels after something like that just ends up bent over in one way or another. Especially true with comedians and folks in the public eye who run into controversy, if you apologize you're done for.

P.S. Vegas slices are stocked up pretty well it looks like, so everyone go give Fran some money.

The thing about them is that they never admit their own mistakes.

They may delete tweets or whatever but they never admit their own wrongdoings.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Mark_O_PoloMark_O_Polo Member
    edited August 2018

Edit: Don't want to say what Francisco is or isn't. I can only say he is unique (or peculiar if you so choose).

Do appreciate the fact that he tries to provide help to others when he can, is forthright when things go screwy, and his knowledge in this field is at a level I'll probably never get to.

Therefore, I keep saying Francisco for 2020.

His slogan will be "Free VPS for everyone".

• Mark_O_PoloMark_O_Polo Member
    edited August 2018

@Harambe said:

Most people would buckle.. hell, most people did buckle. Immeasurable levels of respect earned for that move.

+1

Edit: Pretty sure every domain registrar did buckle. Right and wrong isn't always black and white. It can be hard to judge when the issue is multifaceted and offensive. We live in a world pressured by political correctness and doing "good". Just sometimes we lose truth in the battle.

Misapplied force usually does have unintended consequences.

• YuraYura Member

@Harambe said:

@Francisco said:

That bitch is crazy.

She got... sliced

• jzprjzpr Member

Bought one from buyvm, still seeking more options.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • Linode allows tor exits.