Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HiFormance VPS review and KVM vs OpenVZ
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HiFormance VPS review and KVM vs OpenVZ

asterisk14asterisk14 Member
edited August 2018 in General

Hi all,

HiFormance have some really good offers. How is the service from this provider and is there a difference between their KVM and OpenVZ VPS performance?

Comments

• Hi

• Someone here did recently post a review:
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2823725

• h2oh2o Member
    edited August 2018

it's no doubt that they'r overselling. but that's not the problem. it depends on their management.

• gksgks Member

I bought one 4 GB RAM, 2 vCPU for 12 usd per year to test it, considering cost, it may be openvz. It is very slooooow, starting from SSL, just running simple Node.js that serve 100 json records from json file, very sloow. I have one 256 MB VPS with virmach, it was way faster, felt 20 times faster in everything.

I still use Hiformance 4 GB RAM VPS, I use it for Java, Simulate network traffic for my master thesis, so I need high RAM, decent CPU to run Java, Kafka, I found it is useful. Means, I don't expect very good performance from HiFormance, I want a large sized program to run, keep it running, even it is slow.

• @gks said:
    I bought one 4 GB RAM, 2 vCPU for 12 usd per year to test it, considering cost, it may be openvz. It is very slooooow, starting from SSL, just running simple Node.js that serve 100 json records from json file, very sloow. I have one 256 MB VPS with virmach, it was way faster, felt 20 times faster in everything.

I still use Hiformance 4 GB RAM VPS, I use it for Java, Simulate network traffic for my master thesis, so I need high RAM, decent CPU to run Java, Kafka, I found it is useful. Means, I don't expect very good performance from HiFormance, I want a large sized program to run, keep it running, even it is slow.

Link to the 4 GB RAM, 2 vCPU for 12 usd per year deal?

• h2oh2o Member

@Chuck said:

@gks said:

Link to the 4 GB RAM, 2 vCPU for 12 usd per year deal?

SOLD OUT

https://my.hiformance.com/aff.php?aff=415&pid=217

Thanked by 1Chuck
  • I have a small WordPress site running on their $7 a year deal. I have uptime robot monitoring and so far it's been 100%. I think its 5gb SSD and 512mb memory. It's also running Syncthing and Duplicati to blast the backups off someplace trustworthy. So far no issues.

Obviously, they are overselling, as long as management is on top of it and the company doesn't disappear (big damn if) I don't particularly care in this case as I know what I am getting myself into.

• h2oh2o Member
    edited August 2018

of course, according to the rules:

>

Things Everyone Hates

>

Answering. Every. Thread. With. Your. Aff. Code.

>

Hidden affiliate links, all affiliate links must be made obvious.

• My whole thing with using ultra-cheap providers for hosting websites has always been - are they going to stay in business? I can deal/config around the slower performance but the time to restore from backup to a new VPS is often non trivial. Stay in business, answer support tickets and the rest is fine with me...

• h2oh2o Member

ok, I decided to change my mind. Hiformance's service is quite goooood, even their staff solved my low priority ticket in 5 minutes at midnight. Amazing!!! Thx to Matt.@hiformance

• h2o said: ok, I decided to change my mind.

Are you being paid?

• h2oh2o Member

@greattomeetyou said:

h2o said: ok, I decided to change my mind.

Are you being paid?

I hope so. :D

• @greattomeetyou said:

h2o said: ok, I decided to change my mind.

Are you being paid?

Affiliate links means person has more incentive to have others sign up. Could that cause a conflict? Maybe.