Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedispec.Com does not like chargebacks - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedispec.Com does not like chargebacks

Comments

• phamhuyenqn94 said: That's emails notify about reply in ticket, not contain conversation. I can not login to them website to show conversation in here because my account was be blocked.

It always shows the responses in the email.

• @levnode said:

phamhuyenqn94 said: That's emails notify about reply in ticket, not contain conversation. I can not login to them website to show conversation in here because my account was be blocked.

It always shows the responses in the email.

That's not conversation. It's not contain your message.

• phamhuyenqn94 said: That's not conversation. It's not contain your message.

I'm pretty sure that everyone here can infer what you said from their response. Or @dedispec can post the entire ticket.

• @levnode said:

phamhuyenqn94 said: That's not conversation. It's not contain your message.

I'm pretty sure that everyone here can infer what you said from their response. Or @dedispec can post the entire ticket.

Sure! I hope can login then show all conversation in here.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Don't expect to be able to log in.

Not after what you've done.

• SavaSava Member

@deank said:

?

• phamhuyenqn94phamhuyenqn94 Member
    edited August 2018

@deank said:

What do you do in this situation?

I'm wrong when open paypal dispute after they block my account? They setup for me a trash server what i can not using. They can not fix this error. I open ticket for refund they don't answer and block my account.

What would I have done?

Diplomacy instead of rash actions of pulling the last trigger.

What a tool.

Thanked by 3pxhaxor FHR Wolveix
  • imokimok Member

To be fair, I would consider the account closed as a declaration of war.

• @deank said:

I doubt whether OP would like to have any business relationship with dedispec after this drama: dedispec should give OP a refund and everyone moves on.

Also, should dedispec provided OP a refund when dedispec lost their patience they would have avoided this chargeback.

Thanked by 1yongsiklee
  • DanSummerDanSummer Member
    edited August 2018

@Clouvider said:

@Yura said:

@levnode said:
    I have read their ToS and found that they have the right to suspend the service without refund if they are being threaten. Whenever you got the service from them, you have to accept the ToS. If you didn't read that, it was your fault.

So many people think that ToS is a magical page on provider's website that allows them to do whatever they want if only it's listed there. It's not. The most crucial part of every contract is delivering on promises: money in exchange for service. If service have not been delivered as described then refund. Have a customer been an asshole? Maybe, but that is not going to matter if you refund for undelivered service and not argue with him for 2 weeks.

Try to threaten stewardess on the airplane. Not only you won’t get a refund but you’ll also get a conviction. Not to mention that you won’t fly again with this and potentially any airline.

If the Customer was abusive, and he confirmed he did in-fact made threats, then all looks good - OP consider this a lesson learned and learn from it how to deal with disagreements properly.

not even close. He wanted them to provide the service he paid for (according to him), but they decided instead to ignore him, then, deactivated his account.

I blame Trump for this.

He pulls last triggers like a teenage kid jerking off and people are learning from him.

• @phamhuyenqn94 said:

@levnode said:

phamhuyenqn94 said: That's not conversation. It's not contain your message.

Sure! I hope can login then show all conversation in here.

Do you really understand my post?

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited August 2018

deank said: What would I have done?
    Diplomacy instead of rash actions of pulling the last trigger.

some people don't have patient for three reasons:
    1) used someone else payment card and need to act as quick as possible before anyone notice;

2) no admin skills to run the server and trying to milk the company to do extra mile for no reason, we had such customer, better off to let them go - as they are time wasters!

3) any of other excuses.

• Prime404Prime404 Member
    edited August 2018

@phamhuyenqn94 said:
    @ what the hell?

I think the reason as to why the support takes a while to respond is due to the likelihood of that this company is primarily a reseller of dedicated servers from Nocix/WholesaleInternet. The packages on their website are next to identical to the offerings on above mentioned provider and this would explain things.

This is sort of like what Oneprovider does and as everyone know, that often affects the time to fix things for the end-customer as they just forward the requests to the actual provider. This means that actual problems can take days to resolve at worst.

Edit: Yep, their IP for test file is assigned to Nocix:

xxx@static:~$ whois 198.204.225.10 | grep Tech

OrgTechHandle: IPADM563-ARIN

OrgTechName: IP Admin

OrgTechPhone: +1-816-389-5200

OrgTechEmail: [email protected]

OrgTechRef: https://rdap.arin.net/registry/entity/IPADM563-ARIN

Thanked by 2hanoi yongsiklee
  • I believe a dispute will not just lead to a refund, but also put a fine and some fees on the seller. If you ever threaten to open a dispute, that effectively equals to threaten the seller that you want them to lose more money than they earned from you. If you open a dispute of $20 the seller may have to pay $30 for it including the fines and fees. At least that's what I've heard about credit card chargebacks. No seller would be happy to see those words in a ticket.

It's like filing for a divorce - and then - trying to work things out with your wife.

It just doesn't work that way. One should try to work things out before filing for a divorce.

• YuraYura Member
    edited August 2018

@msg7086 said:
    I believe a dispute will not just lead to a refund, but also put a fine and some fees on the seller. If you ever threaten to open a dispute, that effectively equals to threaten the seller that you want them to lose more money than they earned from you. If you open a dispute of $20 the seller may have to pay $30 for it including the fines and fees. At least that's what I've heard about credit card chargebacks. No seller would be happy to see those words in a ticket.

Yes, most online shoppers don't know implications of certain actions on the merchant end. There is a lot of confusion, misunderstanding and even hostility, as evident in such threads.

PayPal dispute, PayPal claim and CC chargeback are related but different things. This is important to keep in mind.

CC chargeback is the most serious course of action taken by a buyer. Buyer files a chargeback to the bank who issued their card, bank asks for supporting documents and evidence from buyer. Then there are many steps in this procedure involving banks of buyer and seller, Visa/Mastercard, etc... And so this procedure incurs a fee paid by seller if he won't prove chargeback to be fraudulent. Complicated and tedious stuff.

If purchase have been made with involvement of a middleman (PayPal) then buyer usually opens a dispute with PayPal. Dispute initially, not a claim. Dispute by itself doesn't incur any fees and serves as a chance to communicate in a trusted environment. If both sides come to a mutually satisfactory decision (make a refund, partial refund, or simply close dispute) then all is good. Seller can simply refund money and basically loses PayPal processing fees of few percents, generally. Which would happen in case of a refund without dispute anyways.

If dispute is escalated to claim then decision to refund money or not is made by PayPal anf they will look at evidence provided by both sides. One of the negatives to seller in this case (if seller will be found at fault), PayPal will be not happy about that and can apply sanctions to seller with high percentage of lost claims.

So, if you bought something from Etsy, Amazon marketplace or a hosting company and have problems with your purchase - communicate with your seller! Ask them questions in a polite and respectful manner, report problems and wait a couple of days for replies, especially over weekends and holidays. If communication is absent or unsuccessful then you have absolute write to escalate to the marketplace or paying system. If all else fails, to your bank via chargeback.

Providers who spread idea that suggestion of opening a dispute is a horrible and despicable thing to do are usually the same who use ToS to enforce all kinds of rules on buyer but refuse any responsibility. Dispute is unpleasant, claim is avoidable and can be won by the side who is in the right. So just refund a buyer if you don't want them as a customer. Not replying or just avoiding solving a real problem for weeks (I'm speaking in general, not this case) is a completely valid reason to open a dispute.

And please be polite and kind with stewardesses and all service workers, being polite goes a long way in life. If you are not on a tech forum.

• deank said: One should try to work things out before filing for a divorce.

Unless you want to lose the Porsche to her.

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2018

Providers who spread idea that suggestion of opening a dispute is a horrible and despicable thing to do

The PayPal website isn't the providers billing support desk. The correct procedure is to ask the provider nicely and only dispute if the provider is non responsive after several days, or unreasonably denying the request.

Jumping straight to disputes is a malicious action. Bear in mind that when a dispute is placed, the payment is seized by PayPal. In no way is that an amicable start to discussions...

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • needavpsneedavps Member
    edited August 2018

@Prime404 said:

@phamhuyenqn94 said:
    @ what the hell?

I think the reason as to why the support takes a while to respond is due to the likelihood of that this company is primarily a reseller of dedicated servers from Nocix/WholesaleInternet. The packages on their website are next to identical to the offerings on above mentioned provider and this would explain things.

This is sort of like what Oneprovider does and as everyone know, that often affects the time to fix things for the end-customer as they just forward the requests to the actual provider. This means that actual problems can take days to resolve at worst.

Edit: Yep, their IP for test file is assigned to Nocix:

xxx@static:~$ whois 198.204.225.10 | grep Tech

OrgTechHandle: IPADM563-ARIN

OrgTechName: IP Admin

OrgTechPhone: +1-816-389-5200

OrgTechEmail: [email protected]

OrgTechRef: https://rdap.arin.net/registry/entity/IPADM563-ARIN

lol. All I did was look at their Address cause they list a "datacenter" and found a P.O. Box. Guess the above is a better idea if they listed a bogus address/contact.

• JohnMiller92JohnMiller92 Member
    edited August 2018

Dewlance, this autoboot shit is out of control. Get it together.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • YuraYura Member

@jackb said:

Providers who spread idea that suggestion of opening a dispute is a horrible and despicable thing to do

The PayPal website isn't the providers billing support desk. The correct procedure is to ask the provider nicely and only dispute if the provider is non responsive after several days, or unreasonably denying the request.

Jumping straight to disputes is a malicious action. Bear in mind that when a dispute is placed, the payment is seized by PayPal. In no way is that an amicable start to discussions...

Oh my fucking god, why did I even bother?! Did you read the paragraph before the one you quoted?

So, if you bought something from Etsy, Amazon marketplace or a hosting company and have problems with your purchase - communicate with your seller! Ask them questions in a polite and respectful manner, report problems and wait a couple of days for replies, especially over weekends and holidays. If communication is absent or unsuccessful then you have absolute write to escalate to the marketplace or paying system.

You, sir, is part of the problem. When communication is the key you fail at reading and comprehension and only repeat your mantra. Read the post you quote.

I will not reply to people who can't comprehend the full message they take a quote from.

• oneilonlineoneilonline Member, Host Rep

LOL Too funny. I never understood the logic behind filing a dispute/chargeback without talking to the ISP first. In ANY relationship, communication is key! ...and I'm sure this is outlined in their TOS, which I'm 100% sure he read before checkout ;)

• @oneilonline said:
    LOL Too funny. I never understood the logic behind filing a dispute/chargeback without talking to the ISP first. In ANY relationship, communication is key! ...and I'm sure this is outlined in their TOS, which I'm 100% sure he read before checkout ;)

What's too funny is you think TOS protects you from a chargeback. Quite frankly if you not providing service and cancel the users's service; than refund them. What the client got to lose by doing a chargeback afterwards?? They already out their money and patience. Nobody going to want to work you as a provider anyway; what's the point of communication.

@needavps said:
    What's too funny is you think TOS protects you from a chargeback. Quite frankly if you not providing service and cancel the users's service; than refund them. What the client got to lose by doing a chargeback afterwards?? They already out their money and patience. Nobody going to want to work you as a provider anyway; what's the point of communication.

Ummmm...yeah, I think you misunderstood. LOL I never said the TOS protected you from a chargeback. I was referring to the process the ISP is moving on the customer, I'm sure it is outlined in the TOS, so what is occuring shouldn't be a big question mark for the customer.

• @oneilonline said:

@needavps said:

Ummmm...yeah, I think you misunderstood. LOL I never said the TOS protected you from a chargeback. I was referring to the process the ISP is moving on the customer, I'm sure it is outlined in the TOS, so what is occuring shouldn't be a big question mark for the customer.

No. Obviously you misunderstood. You apparently write anything on the TOS hoping it'll protect you and can provide no service, no real sla, and stop a customer's service after "name calling" without providing a refund. If it's neither of the above than you should pay attention to the OP cause there is no big question mark for the customer.

LOL I never disagreed with you. So I don't know why you're trying to argue with me. I feel like you're talking from experience? And have some pent up hostility. Whatever floats your boat buddy. I've said my 10 cents and moved on ;)

• @oneilonline said:
    LOL I never disagreed with you. So I don't know why you're trying to argue with me. I feel like you're talking from experience? And have some pent up hostility. Whatever floats your boat buddy. I've said my 10 cents and moved on ;)

I don't mind you trying to appear a saint in a forum but please. Passive agressive much. Maybe you should spend more time as a provider and less time trying to argue in the forum with other people with your 10 cents.