Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Panel for multiple Wordpress Installations
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Panel for multiple Wordpress Installations

Is there a panel where you can manage users, dns, php versions, disk quotas, etc that also allow you to manage multiple wordpress installs?

I am thinking something like Cyberpanel that will install wordpress from the panel per user?

This may sound like a ridiculous question but I've never used a panel to manage a server or a VPS so not sure if this is possible, or if this question is dumb as F or what. Thanks

Comments

• OmgpleaseReadOmgpleaseRead Member
    edited July 2018

Check out plesk onyx. You can manage and update multiple installs of word press. If you only have 3 domains you can get amazo n lightsai l and 3 domains plesk for 10 per month

• I'd just go for WordPress multisite installations.

It's simple enough to administer and will run multiple sites off the same WordPress installation/database.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@TriJetScud said:
    I'd just go for WordPress multisite installations.

It's simple enough to administer and will run multiple sites off the same WordPress installation/database.

The installation process is very easy, but normally is way to simplify the process.

• Manage in what sense, are you talking about WP Multisite setup?

• Isn't Wp-Multisite just a plug in?

It seems there would be a panel to define installation paths, maybe disk quotas, dns, etc for multiple domain installations of wordpress.

Thanks for all the replies!

• @sidewinder said:
    Isn't Wp-Multisite just a plug in?

It seems there would be a panel to define installation paths, maybe disk quotas, dns, etc for multiple domain installations of wordpress.

So I am not understanding the use-case, do you want to trigger DNS records creation when you add more sites to your WP network?

Because this is out of the scope of any hosting control panel. Rest of the things you mentioned are managed by WP it self excluding quotas as far as I know.

• There are actually two services that support this. Serverpilot and Runcloud. Serverpilot isn't as robust, even when comparing pro paid features in comparison to Runcloud.

Runcloud source: https://runcloud.io/ -> please note signature link is an aff link that I benefit from if you use it, and also gives you extra pro days if you become a paying customer, normal link will not provide these benefits.

Server Pilot: https://serverpilot.io/ -> not recommended, but it is an option..

• huntercop said: Server Pilot: https://serverpilot.io/ -> not recommended, but it is an option..

>

Why?

• Check out MainWP . free plugin allows you to manage multiple independant WP sites. Features include ability to update all, security scans, user management etc.

Thanked by 1michaels
  • @Wicked said:

huntercop said: Server Pilot: https://serverpilot.io/ -> not recommended, but it is an option..

>

Why?

Thanks for asking, I forgot to mention details. Runcloud does everything serverpilot does and more at a better rate for value.

• @huntercop define "and more" - I define more as it PAYS YOU so you recommend it

• ISPManager hosting pannel allow to quick install wordpress.

• @huntercop said:

@Wicked said:

huntercop said: Server Pilot: https://serverpilot.io/ -> not recommended, but it is an option..

>

Why?

Thanks for asking, I forgot to mention details. Runcloud does everything serverpilot does and more at a better rate for value.

I look at ServerPilot and RunCloud like iOS and Android. ServerPilot is more "closed" and simple while RunCloud is more open and lets you tweak everything.

Tried RunCloud but ended up with ServerPilot - again. They have never failed me and meets all my needs. They are also very professional and I trust them with my servers and clients.

This is the main reason for sticking with SP. - Full conversation, uploaded by the employee

• @Cannonb4lls is apparently working on something like that.

• huntercophuntercop Member
    edited August 2018

@OmgpleaseRead said:
    @huntercop define "and more" - I define more as it PAYS YOU so you recommend it

Incorrect, I gave you direct links without referral built in my original post. As @Wicked explained, Runcloud has more possibilities. Not the best support which I agree with. It has been a pain for me.. but I need to automate management of several servers and it does that at a very affordable rate. Serverpilot would cost more than Runcloud for my needs.

• @sidewinder said:
    Isn't Wp-Multisite just a plug in?

Nope, it used to be, but it got merged to core in 3.0 back in 2010 (18 years ago), we are at 4.9 heading to 5.0 now.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

@pcfreak30 said:
    2010 (18 years ago)

What? Have we time-travelled?

Thanked by 1FHR
  • Here's a DO doc about installing wordpress using ansible: https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-automate-installing-wordpress-on-ubuntu-14-04-using-ansible

This might be a little harder to initially set up than using a panel, but in the long run I think it's preferable, since you can trigger it from an API or whatever else you want.

• @willie said:
    @Cannonb4lls is apparently working on something like that.

I'm not sure if Ploi would be suitable for his case, but he can always try of course.

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

how about trying webuzo for personal use

its not a multi-user environment

• sidewindersidewinder Member
    edited August 2018

I am the OP and appreciate all the feedback in this thread.

I was simply looking for a way to easily manage and add multiple Wordpress installs on 1 server.

Lots of cool looking tools to do it if the sites are already installed and dispersed across providers:
    https://www.wpkube.com/manage-multiple-wordpress-sites-one-dashboard/

Thanks for all the info!

• LowVMLowVM Member
    edited August 2018

Multiple Wordpress or did you mean Wordpress MU aka Wordpress Multisite?

Look at Codecanyon codecanyon.net/category/wordpress?term=wordpress%20multisite

cPanel + Softaculous?

• acidpukeacidpuke Member
    edited August 2018

Another idea if you really want to be on the highend of WordPress hosting check out https://closte.com/

They use Google Cloud Platform for DNS, CDN and Network to host wordpress sites with litespeed cache optimization.

They work off a pay as you use it model. If you have low traffic websites its not going to be expensive.

If your looking for an insanely fast website check em out.

• I use VPSrobots to manage my multiple servers and sites. It supports for installing multiple WordPress sites on one server and managing them from one dashboard. It may be suitable for your need. It doesn't have a nice-looking interface, but it is quite easy to use and user friendly. Here is an article for how to install wordpress, please check it.

• Directly without panel is easy like you wear bikini. IMHO. But panel is cut your time to manage your properties.

• emghemgh Member

@d2itsme said:
    Directly without panel is easy like you wear bikini. IMHO. But panel is cut your time to manage your properties.

Excatly my thought process as well.

• you can try vestacp

• I concur. Mainwp is good

@klpowell said:
    Check out MainWP . free plugin allows you to manage multiple independant WP sites. Features include ability to update all, security scans, user management etc.