Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

iKoula | 1vCPU 1.7GB RAM 50GB SSD for 1€ | 20th anniversary - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

iKoula | 1vCPU 1.7GB RAM 50GB SSD for 1€ | 20th anniversary

Comments

• mrclownmrclown Member
    edited July 2018

This is their new product even though most of the features are almost not what we wanted. Not sure how much more they are going to invest for further improvement.
    Some of us here has been tested since last week and noticed multiple flaws.

Good to test

1 EUR per month (up to 12 months) on EU deployments only

• UnixfyUnixfy Member

For me it is still possible to deploy in the US and Singapore locations without incurring extra cost (by using Cloudstack, not the extranet).

I have some benchmarks of all the locations (excluding France since deployment is broken)

For me all the CPUs were E5520 except Miami which was E5-2643 v3. Maybe I just got lucky.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member

@moni099878 Unfortunately, a lot of of Chinese users, especially in low end providers, are causing problems to providers with unreasonable chargebacks, unrealistic demands and expectations, disputes just because they want to test services etc. Your people has created a very bad name in industry when comes to cheap low end services. Maybe it is the cultural and language barrier, but many providers that do not have been specialized in providing services to Chinese, think such customers are PITA.

needavps said: it's a shit show. Just google ikoula review. web panel has problems. support has problems. It's never fixed.

I am a client of Ikoula since 2015. never had issues with their panel, never had issues with support, never had issues with my server even if it is a really low priced (an offer of €11 for a X3440, unbeatable offer then). it is up since my last format (344 days on) and with good connectivity.

• moni099878moni099878 Member
    edited July 2018

@jvnadr said:
    @moni099878 Unfortunately, a lot of of Chinese users, especially in low end providers, are causing problems to providers with unreasonable chargebacks, unrealistic demands and expectations, disputes just because they want to test services etc. Your people has created a very bad name in industry when comes to cheap low end services. Maybe it is the cultural and language barrier, but many providers that do not have been specialized in providing services to Chinese, think such customers are PITA.

needavps said: it's a shit show. Just google ikoula review. web panel has problems. support has problems. It's never fixed.

I am a client of Ikoula since 2015. never had issues with their panel, never had issues with support, never had issues with my server even if it is a really low priced (an offer of €11 for a X3440, unbeatable offer then). it is up since my last format (344 days on) and with good connectivity.

There is still no reason to suspend the account.

• @karatekidmonkey said:
    For me it is still possible to deploy in the US and Singapore locations without incurring extra cost (by using Cloudstack, not the extranet).

I have some benchmarks of all the locations (excluding France since deployment is broken)

For me all the CPUs were E5520 except Miami which was E5-2643 v3. Maybe I just got lucky.

Probably get E5-2667v4 or Gold 6134 at FR, DE.

• I dont get how to deploy and use the special pricing. Is there a specific compute offering (plan)? None list the promo name.

• Just ordered one, to test, it says promo is limited to euro zones, so tried NL, it said error 533 something, tried 10 times, still same error, then tried the France one, it creates a machine here, but it always hung at status of starting, it never starts, it just sits there, tried multiple times, i don't know how a company would launch such a thing

• ChuckChuck Member

€9.99 for that specs?

Thanked by 1Plioser
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member

moni099878 said: There is still no reason to suspend the account.

I am talking generally about this:

moni099878 said: it seems that Chinese customers are not allowed to exist, right?

As of your suspension, the only thing you provided as information here is that you claim they suspended you without a reason.

moni099878 said: After more than a month, they suspended the accounts of many people (I am one of them, no abuse and violation of TOS behavior.), no backup, no reason.

How do you know that they suspended lot of accounts and without a reason? Did you open a ticket to ask them? Did you make a dispute - chargeback? I don't claim you are in bad here, but I really do not trust "reviews" with no info at all and claims like "I don't work with a french provider anymore"...

• Jona4sJona4s Member

Not to mention 9/10 IP's scanning / exploiting are from china botnets.

• @Jona4s said:
    Not to mention 9/10 IP's scanning / exploiting are from china botnets.

This is a prejudice,Sir. You won't know how expensive Chinese IPs and Chinese VPSs are. So few people use Chinese vps to scan IPs. In fact, most of the IP scans I have captured come from the US because of the low cost . ( I dont mean the man behind are American but how can you prove the man behind are Chinese ?)

edited July 2018

@jvnadr said:

moni099878 said: it seems that Chinese customers are not allowed to exist, right?

As of your suspension, the only thing you provided as information here is that you claim they suspended you without a reason.

moni099878 said: After more than a month, they suspended the accounts of many people (I am one of them, no abuse and violation of TOS behavior.), no backup, no reason.

How do you know that they suspended lot of accounts and without a reason? Did you open a ticket to ask them? Did you make a dispute - chargeback? I don't claim you are in bad here, but I really do not trust "reviews" with no info at all and claims like "I don't work with a french provider anymore"...

hostloc.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=463958&highlight=ikoula

hostloc.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=463943&highlight=ikoula

hostloc.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=464149&highlight=ikoula

hostloc.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=464171&highlight=ikoula

• Can we please get over that China <--> EU conflict and focus on the actual quality of services provided by iKoula? Maybe @moni099878 can create his own drama thread. Those are in demand right now as I haven't seen a good drama since Dewlance

• @hzr said:
    Yes, I'm obviously discriminating. I just seem to remember online 403ing most of chinese IPs on their site.

They go overboard IMO. My leaseweb Singapore vpn IP gets 403d too.

edited July 2018

@jvnadr said:

I have not used the Paypal dispute. And I did't get refund. Don't care. Anyway, only 1 eur, I just want to explain how bad the service of iKoula is.

I didn't pay attention to it since I bought it. Until I received this email, I found out that my account no longer exists.

I tried to recover my password, but my username is blank. I can't login.

• @slicebox said:
    Just ordered one, to test, it says promo is limited to euro zones, so tried NL, it said error 533 something, tried 10 times, still same error, then tried the France one, it creates a machine here, but it always hung at status of starting, it never starts, it just sits there, tried multiple times, i don't know how a company would launch such a thing

I also tried NL. Seems to be full? I do not know. However tho it says limited to one legal entity it seems I can buy that promotion multiple times?!
    But I just want one to test. Idm my 12 bucks + vat :D

• needavpsneedavps Member
    edited July 2018

@MrPsycho said:
    Can we please get over that China <--> EU conflict and focus on the actual quality of services provided by iKoula? Maybe @moni099878 can create his own drama thread. Those are in demand right now as I haven't seen a good drama since Dewlance

actually plenty of negative reviews already. only people causing drama is shrills. In this thread alone people are having problem creating instances for their plan. This company is a joke. Offers cloud service that is not created when you buy the plan but than errors when you try to create/use it. control panel continues to reset the language which is a complaint for years. Creates error when you try to create a ticket... What cloud provider has these problems continuously that is not resolved for weeks.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited July 2018

karatekidmonkey said: For me it is still possible to deploy in the US and Singapore locations without incurring extra cost (by using Cloudstack, not the extranet).

Wow, you're such a cunning chap, you sure gamed the system. Btw expect your invoice in a week or two, for "over-limit resource usage". I had to pay 0.01 EUR on a separate invoice for trying Singapore for a few minutes.

And yeah the panel is terrible, CPU is oversold, there's no IPv6, bandwidth is Cogent, no DDoS migration, and you don't even get the advertised 1.7 GB of RAM;

MrPsycho said: Total amount of Mem : 1498 MB

Jun 28 01:37:21  rm>    KiB Mem :  1534144
    Jun 28 01:37:26  rm>    how is this 1.7 GB RAM
    Jun 28 01:37:46  rm>    1570963456 bytes
    Jun 28 01:37:50  rm>    not even 17000000000000000
    Jun 28 01:37:54  rm>    SCAM

Oh and also OLD NEWS this is active since a month by now.

Thanked by 3MrPsycho Chuck coreflux
  • Creling said: This is a prejudice,Sir. You won't know how expensive Chinese IPs and Chinese VPSs are. So few people use Chinese vps to scan IPs. In fact, most of the IP scans I have captured come from the US because of the low cost . ( I dont mean the man behind are American but how can you prove the man behind are Chinese ?)

No, almost US providers don't tolerate for that type of spam/scan, however, Chinese providers do. I confirm that 90% of scan/DDOS come to my servers (about 200 servers) are from China.

Thanked by 1coreflux
  • @rm_ said:

MrPsycho said: Total amount of Mem : 1498 MB

Jun 28 01:37:21     KiB Mem :  1534144
    > Jun 28 01:37:26     how is this 1.7 GB RAM
    > Jun 28 01:37:46     1570963456 bytes
    > Jun 28 01:37:50     not even 17000000000000000
    > Jun 28 01:37:54     SCAM

I was scratching my head about this too. Does this happen on aws Xen 1.7gb instances ?

• EdmondEdmond Member

Do they want ID for signing up or it's just providing a card to pay with and that's it?

• defaultdefault Veteran

@MrPsycho said:
    Oh boi. What a deal. Aruba has been put to shame. It's time for iKoula to glory.

How dare you compare the cheap and reliable Aruba with Ikoula? In my opinion a single Euro is better spent with Aruba. It's not fair to make such comparison.

Before saying something like this about a product: Buy it, bench it, test it, use it and monitor it a bit, and then make such comparisons.

Thanked by 1TheKiller
  • xNEOxNEO Member

@Edmond said:
    Do they want ID for signing up or it's just providing a card to pay with and that's it?

Just need a card or a paypal account.

Thanked by 1Edmond
  • IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

blackjack4494 said: I thought I can give it a try just 1.19€/m for me. But I cannot even register since my email provider is banned tho it is one of the major ones in germany (web.de)

Hello,

Would you mind give me more details by PM ? You should not be blocked with a @web.de email address.

• MrPsychoMrPsycho Member
    edited July 2018

default said: Before saying something like this about a product: Buy it, bench it, test it, use it and monitor it a bit, and then make such comparisons.

Before commenting read what I linked.

• MrPsychoMrPsycho Member
    edited July 2018

Hey @ikoula, do you mind addressing the other issues people mentioned in this thread? Like for example:

• "The panel fails 95% of the time to create your VM" - @JoeMerit
    • "the deleted VPS may still incurring costs." - @moni099878
    • "I dont get how to deploy and use the special pricing. Is there a specific compute offering (plan)? None list the promo name." - @doughnet
    • "tried NL, it said error 533 something, tried 10 times, still same error, then tried the France one, it creates a machine here, but it always hung at status of starting, it never starts" - @slicebox
    • "control panel continues to reset the language" - @needavps
    • "control panel [...] Creates error when you try to create a ticket..." - @needavps
    • "there's no IPv6" - @rm_
    • "and you don't even get the advertised 1.7 GB of RAM" - @rm_

I'd like you to address these issue separately... Or will you dare to answer a selection of questions like you just did with my ticket? I also got a new question for you: why do you block ICMP by default and you don't clearly state that? There is no fucking way an average Joe would know how to unblock it using your control panel. To start off an average Joe wouldn't even know WHICH control panel to use. I have strong feeling that 95% of LET has no idea what are the individual ICMP types and codes. Hell - I didn't even know them and I probably wouldn't even know them to this day if not you.

edited July 2018

MrPsycho said: why do you block ICMP by default

Oh, one more thing I remembered. There is not just "no IPv6", you cannot even use 6to4 or tunnelbroker.net, because there is no concept of "protocol 41" in the firewall panel. You can only block/unblock TCP/UDP/ICMP. So there is truly, completely, entirely, no any kind of IPv6. :)

Thanked by 3vimalware maverickp Tom
  • Please @iKoula fix my account. I can't order for the second time.

• eloftyelofty Member

hmm, how do you route the external IP to the server?

edited July 2018

elofty said: hmm, how do you route the external IP to the server?

How do you what the what to the what? I guess you got into cloudstack to set up VMs? Just use the "BASIC" variant of the zones, it has public IPs assigned directly on the VPS.