Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CyberPanel - Control Panel Based on OpenLiteSpeed [Updated!] - Page 19
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CyberPanel - Control Panel Based on OpenLiteSpeed [Updated!]

Comments

• NanoG6NanoG6 Member
    edited July 2018

@hqraja said:
    Hello @cyberpersons,

Requests:
    1. The option to select components to install. Many of us don't need email, DNS management, or PHP 5.x. Please allow us to skip the installation of these, or provide a way to remove them easily after installation.

>

+1
    This has been requested many times..

Thanked by 1hqraja
  • @hqraja said:
    Hello @cyberpersons,

I just took CyberPanel for a spin and I must say this is amazing. Great job!

I have a few questions, and some requests.

Questions:

1. When I create a user in CyberPanel, does it create a corresponding system user?

2. How do I access PHP at commandline? I tried using 'php', 'lsphp', 'php71', 'lsphp71' etc. to no avail. I need it for WP-CLI.

Requests:

1. The option to select components to install. Many of us don't need email, DNS management, or PHP 5.x. Please allow us to skip the installation of these, or provide a way to remove them easily after installation.

2. WP-CLI preinstalled, or at least an option to select it during install.

3. Amazon S3 and BackBlaze B2 integration for off-site backups, rather than having to use a separate VPS for them. Reason: Object storage from such providers is far cheaper than VPS storage or block storage offered by VPS providers. Since backups don't need to be accessed frequently, it'll be a waste to utilize the expensive form of storage for them, when cheaper alternatives are available.

4. White label option (for which I will happy pay!)

Many thanks for creating CyberPanel. Hoping to see it evolve into the ultimate platform for hosting with OpenLiteSpeed.

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback.

1. No, because CyberPanel users do not map to Linux users.

2. You can access PHP CLI for different versions from:

/usr/local/lsws/lsphpXX/bin/php

Or make a certain PHP CLI globally available

cp /usr/local/lsws/lsphp71/bin/php /usr/bin/

For the requests, I will consider them if many people request it though. Recently we had a major release (1.7 RC)

That brings a lot of significant changes, most importantly.

1. Apache rewrite rules are now supported out of the box, no modification needed.
    2. Email Limits.
    3. Command Line Interface.

More information at https://forums.cyberpanel.net/discussion/459/cyberpanel-1-7-rc-email-limits-spamassassin-cli-rewrite-context-email-forwarding

• Very good panel, there is a live version available?

• hqrajahqraja Member

@cyberpersons said:

@hqraja said:
    Hello @cyberpersons,

Questions:

1. When I create a user in CyberPanel, does it create a corresponding system user?

2. How do I access PHP at commandline? I tried using 'php', 'lsphp', 'php71', 'lsphp71' etc. to no avail. I need it for WP-CLI.

Requests:

3. Amazon S3 and BackBlaze B2 integration for off-site backups, rather than having to use a separate VPS for them. Reason: Object storage from such providers is far cheaper than VPS storage or block storage offered by VPS providers. Since backups don't need to be accessed frequently, it'll be a waste to utilize the expensive form of storage for them, when cheaper alternatives are available.

Many thanks for creating CyberPanel. Hoping to see it evolve into the ultimate platform for hosting with OpenLiteSpeed.

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback.

For the requests, I will consider them if many people request it though. Recently we had a major release (1.7 RC)

1. Apache rewrite rules are now supported out of the box, no modification needed.
    2. Email Limits.

More information at https://forums.cyberpanel.net/discussion/459/cyberpanel-1-7-rc-email-limits-spamassassin-cli-rewrite-context-email-forwarding

Thank you for your quick response. The reason I was asking about system users was because I'd like each site to run under its own user, and that user to have SSH/SFTP access. I use another server control panel called RunCloud, and it lets you do just that - create system users from its interface, and then deploy websites on those user accounts, so that each user has its own SSH keys for shell and SFTP, its own cron, and sites remain sandboxed on a per-system-user basis. I'm curious as to how you're handling that in CyberPanel.

For PHP, I went with the route of making one globally available. Thanks for providing details on that.

Regarding the requests, I see many others also requesting options to choose the components during install time, so that we could skip on what's not needed (especially email, DNS and old PHP versions).

I hope more people also request Amazon S3 and Backblaze B2 for backup storage, as that can cut down costs significantly, as well as remove the extra effort required to setup another VPS for the purpose.

Any word on white labelling?

The update looks great! Looking forward to trying it out. Great work - keep it up! :)

• @SonicFast said:
    Very good panel, there is a live version available?

demo.cyberpanel.net:8090

Admin Login
    User: demoadmin
    Password: cyberpanel123

Client Login
    User: democlient
    Password: cyberpanel123

• @hqraja said:

@cyberpersons said:

@hqraja said:
    Hello @cyberpersons,

Questions:

Requests:

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback.

2. Email Limits.

Thank you for your quick response. The reason I was asking about system users was because I'd like each site to run under its own user, and that user to have SSH/SFTP access. I use another server control panel called RunCloud, and it lets you do just that - create system users from its interface, and then deploy websites on those user accounts, so that each user has its own SSH keys for shell and SFTP, its own cron, and sites remain sandboxed on a per-system-user basis. I'm curious as to how you're handling that in CyberPanel.

For PHP, I went with the route of making one globally available. Thanks for providing details on that.

Regarding the requests, I see many others also requesting options to choose the components during install time, so that we could skip on what's not needed (especially email, DNS and old PHP versions).

I hope more people also request Amazon S3 and Backblaze B2 for backup storage, as that can cut down costs significantly, as well as remove the extra effort required to setup another VPS for the purpose.

Any word on white labelling?

The update looks great! Looking forward to trying it out. Great work - keep it up! :)

CyberPanel does not map its users to Linux users, but each website is executed under its own user. To know the PHP Execution user for a particular website you can find external app user for a website in vhost conf.

You can also enable open_basedir protection: https://docs.cyberpanel.net/doku.php?id=open_basedir-protection

File Manager and FTP also use the same Linux user account to access the file system.

White labeling is possible, but with slight HTML modification.

Thanked by 1hqraja
  • BruceBruce Member
    edited July 2018

had a play. very nice. added a template so I could deploy a vm easily

• @Bruce said:
    had a play. very nice. added a template so I could deploy a vm easily

The best way would be to add installation command as a startup script, otherwise, you may need to manually update the template.

• luissousaluissousa Member
    edited July 2018

Any possibility of using ldap for users/groups management and login?

• Smart UI, is it responsive on mobile devices?

• @luissousa said:
    Any possibility of using ldap for users/groups management and login?

No plans yet.

@HugotonHosting said:
    Smart UI, is it responsive on mobile devices?

Yes

• ArisCArisC Member

@HugotonHosting said:
    Smart UI, is it responsive on mobile devices?

It is

• hqrajahqraja Member
    edited July 2018

Is the LiteSpeed Cache's crawler enabled at the server level? If not, is there a way in CyberPanel to enable it (on a per-site and/or global basis)?

• pengpeng Member

Hello, how should I contact you? I can provide Chinese translation

• qtwrkqtwrk Member

@hqraja said:
    Is the LiteSpeed Cache's crawler enabled at the server level? If not, is there a way in CyberPanel to enable it (on a per-site and/or global basis)?

hmmmmm , as far as I know , crawler is enabled at server level , and currently no way to disable it on server/vhost level.

@peng said:

welcome to join cyberpanel discord https://discord.gg/g8k8Db3

• @peng said:

You can get him on https://forums.cyberpanel.net/discussions

https://discord.gg/g8k8Db3

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

Very great and easy to use control panel.

It seems to me backup option can be done to root remote account, any reason for it? why only IP address option?

• @WebProject said:
    Very great and easy to use control panel.

It seems to me backup option can be done to root remote account, any reason for it? why only IP address option?

Thank you for the feedback, but I don't understand what do you mean. Normally user can create and download backups for websites they own. But only administrators can restore backups by first moving them to /home/backup

edited July 2018

cyberpersons said: But only administrators can restore backups by first moving them to /home/backup

I personally interested in remote backup option, at this moment the backupDestinations page required the IP address and root password only and port. I think it will be great if admin be able to enter any username for remote backup service.

• @WebProject said:

cyberpersons said: But only administrators can restore backups by first moving them to /home/backup

I personally interested in remote backup option, at this moment the backupDestinations page required the IP address and root password only and port. I think it will be great if admin be able to enter any username for remote backup service.

Got your point, will look into this. However, I recently implemented the most requested feature.

Ability to disable Mail, FTP and DNS services.

• @cyberpersons said:
    Got your point, will look into this. However, I recently implemented the most requested feature.

Wonder ... Which version?

• @rafaelmarrichi said:

@cyberpersons said:

Wonder ... Which version?

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2841857/#Comment_2841857

its very strange bug in 1.7.1:

Failed to start installation, Error message: {$ errorMessage $}

Could not connect. Please refresh this page.

Installation failed. {$ errorMessage $}

CSF successfully installed, refreshing page in 3 seconds..

impossible to install CSF using button:

https://s15.postimg.cc/hmst4r0gp/csf.png

• @WebProject said:
    its very strange bug in 1.7.1:

Failed to start installation, Error message: {$ errorMessage $}

Could not connect. Please refresh this page.

Installation failed. {$ errorMessage $}

CSF successfully installed, refreshing page in 3 seconds..

impossible to install CSF using button:

https://s15.postimg.cc/hmst4r0gp/csf.png

If you have previously installed on the same IP, don't forget to clear your browser cache.

Thanked by 1WebProject
  • @cyberpersons What about option to enable directory listing/browsing? Default it is disabled and I can't sort it out.

• @Anna_Parker said:
    @cyberpersons What about option to enable directory listing/browsing? Default it is disabled and I can't sort it out.

• @qtwrk Yup, but there's no option like that on CyberPanel, that's why I have asked the developer. Thanks though.

• LeviLevi Member

Is it possible to access openlitespeed panel via web in order to change more advanced settings?

• I just found out about this today. To be honest, it looks kind of cool and promising. I won't talk about the features since this is going to be a work in progress (and presumably a never ending process) but I can talk about the UI/UX of the backend or admin interface.

I can see that you're using Bootstrap as your base? However, I don't really like the color scheme. It's hurting my eyes. It doesn't match your logo colors too and you need a better stationery rebranding (the name is fine tho). The responsive navigation is broken on smaller devices/viewport. How about investing on a "better-looking" pre-made extended template license available on ThemeForest?

If this is opensource, maybe you could do a crowdfunding campaign, I'll be glad to be one of your premium backers. How flexible is it to create a custom theme/plugins and do you have a marketplace to monetize your project? I've seen a lot of newly hype projects ended up dead in just a few months/years.

Thanked by 1Dazzle
  • ExonHostExonHost Member, Host Rep

They are going to release enterprise version with LiteSpeed Enterprise version support.

@Dedicadude said:

If this is opensource, maybe you could do a crowdfunding campaign, I'll be glad to be one of your premium backers. How flexible is it to create a custom theme/plugins and do you have a marketplace to monetize your project? I've seen a lot of newly hype projects ended up dead in just a few months/years.