Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are there VPS's with IPs that haven't been spammed to death? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Are there VPS's with IPs that haven't been spammed to death?

2»

Comments

• dedotatedwamdedotatedwam Member
    edited July 2018

Self host a searx instance.

Thanked by 1Yura
  • pikepike Veteran
    edited July 2018

Actually I get those captchas a lot on my home connection, if I don't disconnect my modem and don't change my IP it gets a higher rating after some time, and therefore I don't need to enter captchas anymore, just click on No I'm no bot. So maybe, this works for a datacenter IP too?

• TionTion Member

@Yura said:
    If you mean as search engines then Bing is useless in my opinion, Yandex is not doing well in international search.

When Google asks for a captcha every second search query Bing and Yandex turn into a real option.

• ehabehab Member

@deank said:
    The end is nigh.

you need to meet Dr. Hamilton

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Can't really.

The opposite of end is beginning or birth. The thing is that the either end is going to wipe you out. If you start from the beginning, you won't have memories you had.

• sidewindersidewinder Member
    edited July 2018

@doghouch said:

@trewq said:

@deank said:
    The old ones; I think like 3 years ago.

Nowadays, it's either invisible or simple click.

These days they do visual recognition to train ML algos.

Select all cars in this image.
    Select all street signs.
    Select all shop fronts.

We get them all the time on our business line at work.

... too bad Google’s retarded algo doesn’t think that the pole is a part of the stupid “street sign”

(or even when you select a tiny car in the distance and it doesn’t recognize that tile as a car...)

Amen.
    You can look at something stupid a company does like this impossible to win captcha and realize the whole company is borked, irrespective of how much money they have. On some level, some really stupid person is making decisions at Google when their users can fill out their CAPTCHA perfectly and are wrong about 80% of the time.

My son, who has down syndrome, is right about 95% of the time.

• Nfoservers (internap) is mainly used for game hosting and I've yet to find a blacklisted nfo IP. Ive never run into any more captchas than required when using their IPS for a VPN.

• @KuJoe said:
    I've never had to fill out a CAPTCHA before, is that really a thing?

If you're not logged in, it's a major problem