Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What music do you enjoy listening to? Post your favorite song(s)! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What music do you enjoy listening to? Post your favorite song(s)!

Comments

• Damn, this song really hit all tops

Thanked by 1that_guy
  • @qtwrk said:
    my taste is little different than general ...

Oh yeah Argentinian Barenboim :)

• qba82qba82 Member, Patron Provider

• AC_FanAC_Fan Member

Lord Huron and Motley Crue.

• MGarbisMGarbis Member
    edited June 2018

youtu.be/L4EDWVbNKnM

Fear of the dark

Thanked by 1that_guy
  • squibssquibs Member

How much is the fish? How much is the chips? Does the fish have chips?

Thanked by 1that_guy
  • RadWebHostingRadWebHosting Member, Host Rep

JAY-Z - Big Pimpin' ft. UGK

It's just how we get down...

• twaintwain Member

Some real good grooves here... kind of like California surf music mixed with Thai and other exotic influences

Thanked by 1that_guy
  • pcanpcan Member

Now, if you watched it in 1080p quality with good Hi-Fi headphones/speakers, please note that this youtube video is a compressed, degraded copy of the 50-years old original recording.

50 YEARS - think about it

We are used to think that technology will only get better with time, no regression is possible. But the consumer market is driven by other factors. We are just approaching with the current mainstream digital technology the quality that was already available on analog media in the middle of the previous century.

Thanked by 2mikei that_guy
  • hahanashahanas Member
    edited June 2018

Scot gael:

Classics:

Thanked by 1that_guy
  • DaruntimDaruntim Member
    edited June 2018

Oh! What a great topic to discuss :)
    You know, i like YouTube cause it offers every day new music, new waves - that's paradise for music lovers.

Well, what i like mostly and can recommend you - acoustic covers or BBC live lounge Radio - sometimes singers create cover even better than original.

If like more active - my last opening mashups, like this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dAVdGskW3w

• Gets me going in the morning :)

• Pink Floyd - Money, Time, ...

• pink Floyd - not now john

• ArisCArisC Member

Burak Yeter - Tuesday ft. Danelle Sandoval

• ShazanShazan Member, Host Rep

https://youtube.com/watch?v=iywaBOMvYLI

System Of A Down - Toxicity

Thanked by 1that_guy
  • bapbap Member

@Daruntim said:
    sometimes singers create cover even better than original.

and sometimes band-covers entertain us better :D

Thanked by 1that_guy
  • armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

Thanked by 1that_guy
  • szarkaszarka Member

@qtwrk said:
    my taste is little different than general ...

That symphony was the first LP I ever bought. :)

I'm in the midst of working my way through Glenn Gould's complete Columbia discography. It's a serious commitment.

• szarkaszarka Member

@Ympker said:
    I do like most kind of music but rap is something I usually can not bring myself to listen to for more than a couple of songs.

Give Brass Against a try, though. One of my favorite recent discoveries.

Thanked by 2Ympker that_guy
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@szarka said:

@Ympker said:
    I do like most kind of music but rap is something I usually can not bring myself to listen to for more than a couple of songs.

Give Brass Against a try, though. One of my favorite recent discoveries.

Will do :)

• emgemg Veteran

I have eclectic tastes. I listen to classical, jazz, rock, country, pop, soundtracks, and many other genres of music. I have no favorites.

Sometimes when I am bored, I will scroll through the list of music, looking for songs/albums that have the fewest plays and start with them. Once the music starts, I just let it go as it flows through one album after another. I have comfy headphones, and listen to music as I work.

In case anyone cares: I wear Sennheiser HD 650 headphones, powered by a Schiit Magni 2 Uber headphone amplifier and Modi 2 Uber D/A converter, connected from my computer via USB. The headphones are "open air." They sound great, but they are not "sealed", so they leak some sound. They have soft velvety cushions, good for all day comfort.

Playing right now, only by random chance:
    William Walton: Viola Concerto.

It could easily have been Courtney Barnett, or Willie Nelson, or the Gordon Goodwin Big Phat Band, just to name highly disparate examples.

P.S. (Responding to posts above):
    ... and yes, I have copies of all the Beethoven symphonies and some of Glenn Gould's performances, too.

Thanked by 1that_guy
  • Adam1Adam1 Member

Thanked by 1that_guy
  • szarkaszarka Member

BTW, this is probably a good place to mention my weekly radio show… Only a few more shows left this summer, but there are also two weeks' worth available in the archives on the web site (under Sun 12-3 AM, like this one).

Sadly, I have to quit the summer schedule early for work-related reasons. Maybe I'll pop up elsewhere later this year.

• Almost everything except HipHop and Rap.

I like complete piece-of-art albums like Awolnation's 'Run' that are meant to be listened to in a single 20-30 minute stroll outdoors.

Current indoor song to sip scotch to :(ignore the crazy video, i only saw it now)

Thanked by 1that_guy
  • h2oh2o Member
    edited July 2018

I like many OST of anime, the off vocal version will be fine.

• defaultdefault Veteran

• saf31saf31 Member

Thanked by 1that_guy
  • vntvnt Member

I vote for: Save Me - DEAMN