Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Delimiter Hosting Review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Delimiter Hosting Review

YelaYela Member
edited July 2018 in Reviews

I'm writing this review in regards to Delimiter Hosting Company (https://www.delimiter.com/) and my experience with them. I'll post screen captures throughout this review to serve as documentation and proof.

I occasionally browse LEB when I'm looking for a great deal, and I usually find what I'm looking for.

I found Delimiter in AUG2015. I seen they had some great prices on dedicated servers, so I jumped on it. Apart from some occasional outages, I've had a pretty good experience with them. I balanced my expectations and the cost of the server.
See:
Server Specs ( img )
&&
Invoice record ( img )
&&
Support Ticket List ( img )

In early June 2018, I experienced another outage. I assumed this was business as usual and no big deal, so I submitted a ticket and waited for a response. They replied and stated they were experiencing some kind of hardware failure after an attempted software update. It's unfortunate, but, O.K. They posted news updates occasionally, and I stood by patiently.
See:
News Update 1 ( img )
&&
News Update 2 ( img )
&&
News Update 3 ( img )

This past week (Going on close to a month of downtime), I asked for an update of server status. I was met with no response, so I once again asked. Again, no response and tickets merged. I've currently almost given up any hope on a reply from customer service, news update, or the possibility of receiving a product I paid for. I wanted to post my experience here in hopes that others will not be lured in by server prices, only to be met with lies and terrrrrible customer service.
See(Read from bottom of img to top):
Support Ticket pt1 ( img )
&&
Support Ticket pt2 ( img )
&&
Support Ticket pt3 ( img )

Thanked by 2riqbal DaveQB

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited July 2018

Don't need your review actually. Some of their plans were down for 20+ days. No need to say anything further.

They suck, period. The low pricing is the only saving grace.

Thanked by 2JohnMiller92 kkrajk
  • YelaYela Member

@deank said:
    Don't need your review actually. Some of their plans were down for 20+ days. No need to say anything further.

They suck, period. The low pricing is the only saving grace.

I haven't been able to find many positive reviews of Delimiter. I figured I would share my experience in case anyone is on the fence and contemplating taking a risk on it.

• lazytlazyt Member

Lol my servers are still down.

You went for them despite of crap reviews.

Pricing is all that matters to LowEndUsers.

• @deank said:
    You went for them despite of crap reviews.

Pricing is all that matters to LowEndUsers.

I do not entirely agree. If we buy shit hosting for cheap pricing, it should be for side projects where we have nothing imp on the server. There are many great priced hosts here for both VPS and dedi that have been reliable for 5+ years and going. Even the good ones that went under or had issues worked with us as partners to support any migration efforts. Do your research, make informed decisions and buy. With that being said, not everyone on this forum has a brain larger than a chimpanzee.

• I'm joining the club. @deank can I join your club?

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

Does anyone remember woothosting though?

• If you can manage with Germany as a location for dedi , Hetzner still has under-22 Euro dedis (Haswell i74770 even) here : https://robot.your-server.de/order/market/

Type in ENT and press enter in their search filter box to show only the 'Enterprise grade disk' servers.

They come with 20TB of Gigabit transfer. Grab them before they're gone.

If you're not German, you'll have to submit a scan of your ID for their fraud prevention teams to verify you.

Resist the temptation to grab the ones with 2x3TB disks (they're over 5yo)

Thanked by 1pullangcubo
  • @vimalware said:
    Resist the temptation to grab the ones with 2x3TB disks (they're over 5yo)

Has this always been a case? I mean, is this disclosed by Hetzner or it's just based from experience?

• Title needs to be more negative

• Outage after outage. Yeah, just what a potential customer wants to hear

Well, if the price is low enough, pretty sure lurkers will go for them.

Besides, some people are amazingly good at selective memories, filtering out bad elements from walls of text they skim through.

• williewillie Member
    edited July 2018

pullangcubo said:

Has this always been a case? I mean, is this disclosed by Hetzner or it's just based from experience?

You can tell from the CPU model how old the server is. Nobody is deploying new i7-2600 servers now. Any i7-2600 server is 6+ years old and i7-3770 maybe a year newer. If the original disks haven't failed they are still in the server. So yes, most of the disks are that old.

I was lucky when I got mine. One of the disks was brand new (probably because they replaced one that failed) and the other was on its last legs and throwing SMART errors. I opened a ticket about the SMART errors and they replaced the disk, so I had two brand new disks. That was around 3 years ago so they're no longer so new, but working fine.

Thanked by 1pullangcubo
  • zkyezzkyez Member
    edited July 2018

Mine has 40000+ hours on each disk. Can't complain for a seedbox.

• DaveQBDaveQB Member

@Yela said:
    I'm writing this review in regards to Delimiter Hosting Company (https://www.delimiter.com/) and my experience with them. I'll post screen captures throughout this review to serve as documentation and proof.

I occasionally browse LEB when I'm looking for a great deal, and I usually find what I'm looking for.

I found Delimiter in AUG2015. I seen they had some great prices on dedicated servers, so I jumped on it. Apart from some occasional outages, I've had a pretty good experience with them. I balanced my expectations and the cost of the server.
    See:
    Server Specs ( img )
    &&
    Invoice record ( img )
    &&
    Support Ticket List ( img )

In early June 2018, I experienced another outage. I assumed this was business as usual and no big deal, so I submitted a ticket and waited for a response. They replied and stated they were experiencing some kind of hardware failure after an attempted software update. It's unfortunate, but, O.K. They posted news updates occasionally, and I stood by patiently.
    See:
    News Update 1 ( img )
    &&
    News Update 2 ( img )
    &&
    News Update 3 ( img )

This past week (Going on close to a month of downtime), I asked for an update of server status. I was met with no response, so I once again asked. Again, no response and tickets merged. I've currently almost given up any hope on a reply from customer service, news update, or the possibility of receiving a product I paid for. I wanted to post my experience here in hopes that others will not be lured in by server prices, only to be met with lies and terrrrrible customer service.
    See(Read from bottom of img to top):
    Support Ticket pt1 ( img )
    &&
    Support Ticket pt2 ( img )
    &&
    Support Ticket pt3 ( img )

My experience is almost identical. I think it was 2015 when I signed up too and have had great service since (until now). I had great customer service too, with tickets answered quickly and even direct support through Twitter DMs from one of the owners. They even gave my a temp server to copy all my data off while I did an OS re-install (circa 2016). They let me use that, free of charge, for over a week. Great company. But then this firmware update debacle. I, as a customer, understand things can go wrong. I have been offline for over a month. That's bad, but what is worse is the total communication shutdown. No ticket updates, no response on Twitter. It almost feels like the company was blown up and everyone is in hospital or worse. I don't understand the ignoring of customers; this only makes the matter several magnitudes worse. I fear they might be going out of business :(

• I always love the 2 post accounts coming here to post a review, then, poof. Really does increase credibility.

This thread should be redirected to this: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/145640/delimiter-server-down-atlanta#latest

Well, lurkers laugh at LET for being trash, then comes to post reviews when in need/desire.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • huntercophuntercop Member
    edited July 2018

@Ympker said:
    Does anyone remember woothosting though?

Remember them? I still give out free hosting plans from them. :)
    Speaks for the value of the service I pay for..

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YelaYela Member

@JohnMiller92 said:
    I always love the 2 post accounts coming here to post a review, then, poof. Really does increase credibility.

This thread should be redirected to this: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/145640/delimiter-server-down-atlanta#latest

better make that 3 posts ;)

• YelaYela Member

Update 20July

I opened a claim on PayPal directly with Delimiter and was met with no response (strange..). I've since upgraded it to a dispute. PayPal has given them till the 27th to reply.

• YelaYela Member

Update 23July

PayPal decided in my favor. I'll be receiving a refund for 2 months worth of payments.

• tsidhutsidhu Member

I looked them up the other day and their own website was giving "error establishing database connection" if you click on anything. That was instafail for me.

Glad you got some money back @Yela.

• DaveQBDaveQB Member

@JohnMiller92 said:
    I always love the 2 post accounts coming here to post a review, then, poof. Really does increase credibility.

Are you talking about me?

• DaveQBDaveQB Member

@deank said:
    Well, lurkers laugh at LET for being trash, then comes to post reviews when in need/desire.

If you're talking about me, I don't think LET is trash at all. I was trying to add information to this thread. There's been a big [problem at Delimiter and I was searching around to see if it was just me and found this review.

• DaveQBDaveQB Member

@Yela said:
    Update 20July

I opened a claim on PayPal directly with Delimiter and was met with no response (strange..). I've since upgraded it to a dispute. PayPal has given them till the 27th to reply.

Good idea. My next payment is due Sept, so I have time to cancel, but good idea to get compensation for the last part of this pre-paid 12 months period. Thanks.

• DaveQBDaveQB Member

@tsidhu said:
    I looked them up the other day and their own website was giving "error establishing database connection" if you click on anything. That was instafail for me.

Yes, I think they're sinking. Shame, it was a great company. A firmware update botch brought them undone. Seems harsh.

• DaveQB said: Are you talking about me?

Nope, just in general. But specifically the OP

• xaocxaoc Member

@DaveQB said:

@tsidhu said:

Yes, I think they're sinking. Shame, it was a great company. A firmware update botch brought them undone. Seems harsh.

Nobody believes the "firmware update" story tho.. :p