Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Install vDDoS Proxy to AntiDDOS, DOS, SYN Flood, HTTP Floods attack... - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Install vDDoS Proxy to AntiDDOS, DOS, SYN Flood, HTTP Floods attack...

2»

Comments

• Interesting software - does 'some' things... But it's CentOS/RHEL based. I would suggest something along the lines of a generic Linux/BSD approach. Also, wrt the BSD mention, it just makes sense to bastian firewall Linux servers, but not have and iptables/netfilter box out in front protecting your entire network, but rather, protect your Linux assets behind a BSD firewall. Great solutions are https://opnsense.org

I've sent you a contact request via skype, and welcomed you to an IRC chan too - Perhaps even better will be a Matrix room invite once we can actually communicate on the matters I mentioned in the skype request.

Looking forwarrd to hearing back from you.

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

@Kabeldamagement said:
    Synflood is Layer4 which has nothing to do with Layer7 (Application Layer). Your modified nginx will be useless for every real synflood, as it targets the network stack.

I second this.

• TinkuTinku Member

Interesting tool is it still in beta? @duy13

How effective it is with SSL sites and if we use recapcha is it going to block all crawlers even bing and google spiders?

• duy13duy13 Member

@Tinku said:
    still in beta? @duy13

+Yes

@Tinku said:

How effective it is with SSL sites and if we use recapcha is it going to block all crawlers even bing and google spiders?

+HTTP/2 working fine (ssl)

+File (whitelist-botsearch.conf) contains whitelist ip ranges

• TinkuTinku Member

@duy13 said:

@Tinku said:
    still in beta? @duy13

+Yes

@Tinku said:

+HTTP/2 working fine (ssl)

+File (whitelist-botsearch.conf) contains whitelist ip ranges

Thanks and what is the procedure to update the version to latest? Auto or manual

Any estimated date for stable version release?

• duy13duy13 Member

@Tinku said:
    Thanks and what is the procedure to update the version to latest? Auto or manual

Reinstall vDDoS or Upgrade:

Save old config:

mv /vddos/conf.d/website.conf ~/

Remove:

rm -rf /vddos
    rm -rf /usr/lib64/vddos/modules
    rm -rf /var/log/vddos
    rm -rf /var/cache/vddos

ReInstall vDDoS new version x.x.x:

curl -L https://github.com/duy13/vDDoS-Protection/raw/master/vddos-x.x.x-centos7 -o /usr/bin/vddos
    chmod 700 /usr/bin/vddos
    /usr/bin/vddos help
    /usr/bin/vddos setup

Restore config:

mv ~/website.conf /vddos/conf.d/

Restart vDDoS:

vddos restart

@Tinku said:

(only for testing or demo) You should spend time setting and benchmark, before making a decision. I and some users still use normal in my company and their clients.

You can contact me for some advanced customizations.

• TinkuTinku Member

@duy13 said:

@Tinku said:

Reinstall vDDoS or Upgrade:

Save old config:

mv /vddos/conf.d/website.conf ~/

Remove:

rm -rf /vddos
    rm -rf /usr/lib64/vddos/modules
    rm -rf /var/log/vddos
    rm -rf /var/cache/vddos

ReInstall vDDoS new version x.x.x:

curl -L https://github.com/duy13/vDDoS-Protection/raw/master/vddos-x.x.x-centos7 -o /usr/bin/vddos
    chmod 700 /usr/bin/vddos
    /usr/bin/vddos help
    /usr/bin/vddos setup

Restore config:

mv ~/website.conf /vddos/conf.d/

Restart vDDoS:

vddos restart

@Tinku said:

(only for testing or demo) You should spend time setting and benchmark, before making a decision. I and some users still use normal in my company and their clients.

You can contact me for some advanced customizations.

Tried but i am unable to make it work on nginx 1.13.2 although followed the whole procedure. Sent you message please check?

• This service is IPTables based and is SUPER bad for large attacks, will do nothing, wouldn't even bother trying it.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

@sharedport Well thanks for informing us a year later!

This discussion has been closed.