Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[HELP] Wordpress, unable to install, remove or upload any images... - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[HELP] Wordpress, unable to install, remove or upload any images...

2»

Comments

• vovlervovler Member

@FlamesRunner said:

Gotta run it too :)

bash bench.sh

Oh my...

• FalzoFalzo Member

@vovler said:

@FlamesRunner said:

Gotta run it too :)

bash bench.sh

Oh my...

tick tick tick :-)

LOL.

Thanked by 1FlamesRunner
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@thammy321

@vovler is right and you shouldn't carelessly chown to a presumably more powerful user but to the one needed.

Another way to find the right user that passes ##*%$&! Cloudflare assuming your web server serves on port 80 is this: 'lsof -i :80' which will show the user your web server is running as in the 3rd column. Once found plug that user name into the above 'chown -R' command and you are on the safe side.

• Afaik, by default vesta's php fpm needs user to have file access and not the web server. So, admin user should be fine but considering it's admin, it's likely to have access to other higher leg level stuff as well.

It'd had been good to use another user but for you, I'd recommend managed vps. If something like recent vesta exploits kicks in, you are done.

• @jetchirag said:
    Afaik, by default vesta's php fpm needs user to have file access and not the web server. So, admin user should be fine but considering it's admin, it's likely to have access to other higher leg level stuff as well.

It'd had been good to use another user but for you, I'd recommend managed vps. If something like recent vesta exploits kicks in, you are done.

Be happy he isn't using Shitora or zGarbage.

• aditya5670aditya5670 Member
    edited July 2018

-spammy domain-

• Necro

• @FlamesRunner said:
    Necro

The Dark Arts.

Thanked by 1FlamesRunner
  • Holy sht. How do I avoid these kinds of headaches? As a typical wordpress user, will my site ever blow up like this just from posting and having a paywall? I mean, wow.

• I use runcloud to automate all of my wordpress sites, including friends and family. I would recommend trying to use them with your VPS as its a simple and easy to use service. I used dropbox to do my backups and restore after provisioning the website using runcloud on my VPS.

If you have any questions with runcloud, feel free to DM me and I will help where I can. Aff link in signature, but you can go directly to runcloud.io if you wish.

• mohamedmohamed Member
    edited July 2018

The proper way to fix your WordPress, please follow these instructions carefully:

1- take a database backup from your old WordPress.

2- take backup of your old wp-content directory, that contains themes, plugins and uploads.

3- Install a clean WordPress on your new VPS.

If you don't know how to configure a web server, you could use virtualmin which has better security practice than vestacp and use virtualmin UI to install clean WordPress.

4- use phpmyadmin to import your old database backup in a new database and replace its information in wp-config.php file.

5- replace your old wp-content with the newly installed wp-content.

6- You're good to go.

• step 5- Virtualmin uses www-data user with apache so you could just change ownership of your old wp-content directory

chown -R www-data: wp-content

Its permission should be 755 not 777

chmod 755 wp-content

If you face any problems please don't hesitate to contact LET help desk.

Thank you!