Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dewlance.... - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dewlance....

Comments

• emghemgh Member

@AnthonySmith said:

FlamesRunner said: Nah, I just had these bookmarked a few years back because I found them funny :)

sorry, I did not mean you, I meant whoever took the time to make that site.

Even so I think that it was a really good way of spending some free time. Seems like a mature site.

• YuraYura Member

@DewlanceVPS, post some deals.

Thanked by 1[Deleted User]
  • doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited July 2018

@AnthonySmith said:

FlamesRunner said: Nah, I just had these bookmarked a few years back because I found them funny :)

sorry, I did not mean you, I meant whoever

took the time to make that site.

I think that you will find these videos pretty funny:

http://s.dawgy.pw/media/dewlance1.mp4
    http://s.dawgy.pw/media/dewlance2.mp4

• @emgh said:

@AnthonySmith said:

sorry, I did not mean you, I meant whoever took the time to make that site.

Even so I think that it was a really good way of spending some free time. Seems like a mature site.

I think it's a matter of perspective..

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

My favorite Dewlance moment (everyone has one, right?) was when he discovered Windows 2003 Server only needs 64MB of RAM.

Of course if you’re running 64-bit, then you need 128MB.

According to Dewlance, those are the recommended values. I’m sure minimum is much smaller.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1028605&p=7319129#post7319129

• emghemgh Member

@raindog308 said:
    My favorite Dewlance moment (everyone has one, right?) was when he discovered Windows 2003 Server only needs 64MB of RAM.

Of course if you’re running 64-bit, then you need 128MB.

According to Dewlance, those are the recommended values. I’m sure minimum is much smaller.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1028605&p=7319129#post7319129

It’s true though. Linux eats all my ram!

• Why do you all attack my new blesta-vps provider (lol)? I did not order Auto-Boot (TM) tech and my VPS is still online. Is it amazing?

I just spinned the VM up several hours ago and network was bad, but let’s see :-) It is for trying Blesta, so it is ok imho.

To be honest, if it can be up for a long time, it is better than tons of “reputable” providers such as ZXHost who made lots of promises and steal my money.

• 18 hours later and my sites are still down. No response whatsoever AND I am now lossing another client. Thank you again @DewlanceVPS

• Adam1Adam1 Member

dahartigan said: and general feeling the whole thing was run by some child in India.

What's the issue with India exactly?

• Adam1Adam1 Member

Cre8tivStudios said: 18 hours later and my sites are still down.

Can't you just restore your backup to another host and move on?

• Cannot Read License File
    To access the interface, you must install the license and ensure that the license is active.
    The cPanel license server said that a license could not be issued for your server (66). For more information visit: http://www.cpanel.net/lic.html The exact message was: Already Used cPanel/WHM Trial License for this IP. (185.116.213.86)

• The cPanel License has been deactivated three times in one month. I can't even GET into the back...

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2018

Im losing thousands and millions of dollars!

• Wait. I always assumed Dewlance was some elaborate gag provider ALT created by some LET regular.

Whoa, they're actually taking orders and providing services.
    Mind :disturbed. :D

• saibalsaibal Member

They do exist.

• SlushySlushy Member
    edited July 2018

I bought a reseller from them and cancelled after a week and received a refund. At least they honor their refund policy.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Since OP appears to be losing thousands, it makes sense to sue them to recoup the loss.

• @deank who said that? I said I lost a client. Another poster made the comment not me

• deankdeank Member, Troll

You will lose more. Sue before it's too late.

Thanked by 1derpydm
  • @Crea8tivStudios find a different host. Dewlance has a history here. The Autoboot bits people keep referring to is a joke in regards to Dewlance's service.

• I CAN'T LOGIN TO MOVE MY ACCOUNTS... LOLOLOLOL

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

Sorry for inconvenience, License issue Resolved. Please recheck.

Email was removed because of we found many infected emails and UK datacenter is strict against Malware, Spam, etc.

@Chalipa said:

• Blesta License...

extremely overcrowded/oversold server(s)....

Not Overcrowded or Oversold, We have customer on our US server and most of choose us for strong server and excellent performance. We will publish Benchmark.

cPanel license was not working but FTP, etc was working fine. Load on UK server is:
    18:16:38 up 127 days, 1:02, 2 users, load average: 0.18, 0.30, 0.42

@Cre8tivStudios
    $30 Credited to your account as a Compensation, I still Apologize and we will fix your issues ASAP.

Thanked by 1Waldo19
  • @DewlanceVPS said:
    Sorry for inconvenience, License issue Resolved. Please recheck.

Email was removed because of we found many infected emails and UK datacenter is strict against Malware, Spam, etc.

Did you find them in the incoming or in the outgoing box? Have you read any of the private emails?

Have you clicked the link I posted earlier while tagging you regarding the cpanel license issues?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

BTW I always assumed Dewlance referred to “dew on the lance” - i.e. semen. Seemed enough of a reason to stay far away.

@teamacc said:
    Did you find them in the incoming or in the outgoing box? Have you read any of the private emails?

Have you clicked the link I posted earlier while tagging you regarding the cpanel license issues?

Yes, I read it while I was on mobile. I can't read email of customer because of Privacy issue. Next time I will simply inform customer to remove it by them self.

It was hard to fix license issue, I ran 18 ~ 20 times reissue command in 10 minute to fix it. /usr/local/cpanel/cpkeyclt ;)

• @DewlanceVPS said:
    It was hard to fix license issue, I ran 18 ~ 20 times reissue command in 10 minute to fix it. /usr/local/cpanel/cpkeyclt ;)

As I read the post by ant that's NOT the way to fix it.

@teamacc said:

@DewlanceVPS said:

As I read the post by ant that's NOT the way to fix it.

I blocked IPs and going to block domain. Thank you soo much.

• FoulFoul Member

@DewlanceVPS said:

If you “ran” it 18-20 times, he really is a idiot then. God forbid he must be underage or some shit.

Fix The issue then instead of spamming it.

Mr FailAutoBoot

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@doghouch said:

@AnthonySmith said:

sorry, I did not mean you, I meant whoever

took the time to make that site.

I think that you will find these videos pretty funny:

http://s.dawgy.pw/media/dewlance1.mp4
    http://s.dawgy.pw/media/dewlance2.mp4

wat

Francisco