Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LowEndTalk deleted Incero and SpeedyKVM thread? [EDIT] - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LowEndTalk deleted Incero and SpeedyKVM thread? [EDIT]

Comments

• TheXOTheXO Member

@AnthonySmith, i still don't know why my account got wiped out for no reason after arguing with clouvider, beside that, all of my content was deleted / de indexed

• defaultdefault Veteran

@AnthonySmith said:
    sometimes a decision hits a nerve

• How much cash did they give for it to be removed?

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@corbpie said:
    How much cash did they give for it to be removed?

I got $2 USD, man. I am rich.

• @netomx said:

@corbpie said:
    How much cash did they give for it to be removed?

I got $2 USD, man. I am rich.

Is that enough to get Taco Hosting online?

AuroraZ said: Taco Hosting

at least for a day

Thanked by 1AuroraZ
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2018

@jsg said:

@TheXO said:
    I got my previous, full, active account deleted and wiped out when i argued with clouvider. And i ain't even angry. yay me.

For the sake of fairness: Tagging @Clouvider

Thanks !

More like tagging whoever admin allegedly banned him - we don’t have any such influence here. :-)

• @TheXO said:
    @AnthonySmith, i still don't know why my account got wiped out for no reason after arguing with clouvider, beside that, all of my content was deleted / de indexed

We have no clue either. So far we've put it on "vanilla derping". Given that we lack proper changelogs of what happens on here, we can't investigate any further.

Also, it seems to have been only you, no idea why.

• KrisKris Member
    edited July 2018

Found this while freeing up memory, yay Chrome tab hoarding.

Only part of his thread I could find cached: http://archive.is/Iut3S

They advertise and sell a "bring your own ASN/IP" package for an outrageous $20/month + $50 setup, or a slightly less outrageous $16.67/month if you pre-pay annually ($200 total)
    Then, when you order VPS instances and the BGP service, they terminate all VPS instances and reply to your ticket with "Do you want $1000/month CDN services or cancel & refund?"
    Total bait & switch SCAM. Avoid at all costs. Spend your time and money elsewhere.

For any who were interested. This is the pre-sale ticket of the guy who got bait & switched by Incero, and subsequently thread hidden:

Hello,

I am interested in extending AS57335 anycast with your Seattle, Dallas, and New York locations. I would like to know if you support custom ISO images, what your current BGP communities policy is, and if any waiving or discounting of $30/m BGP service charge is

possible with bi-annual/annual pre-payment.

Thank you.

Response:

Hello,

>

We offer Blackhole Community and can load any custom ISO. Pricing is detailed on our website.

Taylor
    SpeedyKVM Support

Here is SpeedyKVM's current BGP offering: https://speedykvm.com/billing/cart.php?gid=6/

I didn't get a screenshot, but it was seen that between then and now, they said 'If you'd like to use our services for CDN, it will be $1000, or we can refund you'

From being in Anycast and VPS and networking for a few years back, here's how I'm guessing it went down.

Taylor didn't know that the BGP offering monthly is for people who own IPs and want to avoid paying extra for IPs on VMs. Not Anycast. At the same time, Incero doesn't explain that BGP and IP announcement isn't available for Anycast... they just leave out the fact that you cannot seemingly use BGP services for Anycast, to distribute traffic evenly across your AS. The OP made it clear in the first ticket and contact he had his own AS, and was expanding an Anycast footprint.

From then until order and seemingly until setup management had no look at tickets or gave the employee a nudge on Slack to let him know 'we don't do Anycast on bog standard VMs' - This is management's fault, and lack of knowledge on the support operator, NOT the OP.

So without having the exact details, I'm guessing over the last few weeks he purchased 3 VMs in the 3 locations they offer, and probably setup bird, quagga, etc. and got ready to peer.

When it came time to send the LOA and he requested peering IPs on their side, I'm sure it clicked in managements head... 'oh he wants to do Anycast'. 3 locations? He's going to probably setup a CDN.

I checked OP's ASN and there's no http hosts setup, so I can't find any HTTP based CDN. So if he is doing CDN services, that's I guess in the 'missing tickets'

Anyway, he ended up getting a reply after they requested $1000 to provide what he paid for, or would be given a refund as they didn't want to provide the service.

I personally setup my own ASN while learning networking and wanted to expand my path as much as possible while learning prepends and communities. Things sat idle. I had a lot great providers from LeapSwitch to AnyNode who assisted when it came to getting BGP and peering setup.

Incero just has a holier than thou attitude, and they probably feel pretty entitled right now to 'pick and choose' customers with our current sad state of affairs in the country.

If you're "Texas folk" you'll probably get along with them fine. God forbid creepy ass Gordon finds your username on LET when you sign up for a deal or worse, you're from another country... they don't want your business. YMMV.

Thanked by 2vimalware corbpie
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@TheXO said:

Oh great add more fuel to a fire for no reason, look, I have banned many people I make no secret of it, I have seen many people argue with clouvider, they still have accounts, I really don't understand why everyone thinks there is some big conspiracy all the time, if you got to spend a day in the admin role you would be amused by the lack of actual power and influence we actually have in reality.

We can unhide the thread, but I don't think it can add more of what we know

Thanked by 1Kris

@netomx said:
    We can unhide the thread, but I don't think it can add more of what we know

Unhide it and close it, probably the fair middle ground.

Thanked by 2Kris netomx
  • KrisKris Member

It would be cool to unhide the thread, I never expected opened if it was closed, originally just came to understand the logic behind deleting it. I saw my replies disappear and wondered what happened.

I never knew he had a fit and Anthony gave him a put up or shut up ultimatum, would have given some context and avoided this thread.

Incase it wasn't un-hidden, I just wanted to fill people in on things incase they decided they wanted to roll their own Anycast on Incero's network. I would want a heads up personally, as I ran Anycast tests for a while when I was helping to build one of the top 10 networks by AS peering.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

What I learned here is that Incero should be generally und unconditionally AVOIDED. The same goes for their other fronts and friends. Which brings me to the (OK, probably somewhat hosting world newbie but anyway) question:

Which companies other than SpeedyKVM are Incero fronts, relatives and "close friends"?

• mkshmksh Member

@AnthonySmith said:
    I really don't understand why everyone thinks there is some big conspiracy all the time

Well, when you have knowledgeable LET members using mods to anonymously add information to discussions that turns out to be misleading at best it doesn't make all that much of a transparent impression. Don't get me wrong, i am not blaming @willie. I had taken away the same thing from prior discussions and just blindly repeated it without fact checking it first. He at least made it clear where he got the information and displayed skepticism.

Also there is no need for any conspiracy. Yeah, i don't think every host would get the same treatment but it might very well be for purely practical reasons.

Thanked by 1Kris

Ok then.

• TheXOTheXO Member

@AnthonySmith, not adding more fuel to it, and i never got banned, i was told I'm allowed to create my same account name 3 days after it was totally deleted where all admins, mods said it was just gone, by itself with no logs indicating what had happened, do accounts here just disappear by themselves? Just after casual years of using, do they just snap and delete themselves? I was never into conspiracy, but i never got an understandable reason for what have happened. I'm not arguing or anything, and i guess it might be your right to deny any user from using the site but at least be open out about it.

• mkshmksh Member

@AnthonySmith said:
    Ok then.

Yeah, yeah... I am annoying. Point taken.

• @TheXO said:
    @AnthonySmith, not adding more fuel to it, and i never got banned, i was told I'm allowed to create my same account name 3 days after it was totally deleted where all admins, mods said it was just gone, by itself with no logs indicating what had happened, do accounts here just disappear by themselves? Just after casual years of using, do they just snap and delete themselves? I was never into conspiracy, but i never got an understandable reason for what have happened. I'm not arguing or anything, and i guess it might be your right to deny any user from using the site but at least be open out about it.

That's because we never found a reason for your account suddenly being gone...

We don't want you gone, we just don't know what happened.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

@mksh said:
    Yeah, yeah... I am annoying. Point taken.

Take consolation that I am probably more annoying to everybody else.

Thanked by 2mksh lazyt

TheXO said: @AnthonySmith, not adding more fuel to it, and i never got banned, i was told I'm allowed to create my same account name 3 days after it was totally deleted where all admins, mods said it was just gone, by itself with no logs indicating what had happened, do accounts here just disappear by themselves? Just after casual years of using, do they just snap and delete themselves? I was never into conspiracy, but i never got an understandable reason for what have happened. I'm not arguing or anything, and i guess it might be your right to deny any user from using the site but at least be open out about it.

No one knows what happened, you overestimate our access, we have some basic vanilla logs, nothing was in it, they are unreliable at best because of the way the cluster is setup.

I appreciate you want someone to point a finger at (me for some reason) but we are tinpot admins/mods with no real access, best guess, you pissed CC off and they did it in the back end, we did put in a request for them to check the back end for a reason, no answer was even forth coming.

There is always a reason left when a user is banned, I have never deleted a user.

mksh said: Yeah, yeah... I am annoying. Point taken.

Not really, I just cant be arsed with your tinfoil hat attitude.

• mkshmksh Member

@AnthonySmith said:

mksh said: Yeah, yeah... I am annoying. Point taken.

Not really, I just cant be arsed with your tinfoil hat attitude.

Which tinfoil attitude? Try your rhetoric foul play with someone else. Thanks.

Thanked by 2Kris varunchopra

I explained my side of things, you just keep coming back with more accusative BS, like I said you can accept it/believe it or not, it is what it is.

• mkshmksh Member
    edited July 2018

@AnthonySmith said:
    I explained my side of things, you just keep coming back with more accusative BS, like I said you can accept it/believe it or not, it is what it is.

Meh, i stated facts and the impression they left on me. It was merely to address your implied point of everyone who didn't instantly agree with this just being business as usual subscribing to some kind of conspiracy theory. It's kinda ironic to be hit with the tinfoil club again in response. Labeling your opposition as fundamentally irrational is pretty bad style.

Besides who exactly did i accuse of what? ...

Edit: Instead of trying to attack my credibility it might be more practical to just post some examples of past scam threads with thin/lacking proof that got deleted. Would shut me up in a second.

Edit2: I quite like your administration and i don't understand why you are getting so overly defensive on this.

Thanked by 3BlaZe default Kris
  • angstromangstrom Moderator

I would have been for keeping the thread (perhaps closed) in Offtopic.

By the way, did anyone else notice that @ryanarp thanked the OP right away? I found that ironic, and I imagine that his thanks were also intended ironically.

For what it's worth, I don't think that there's any conspiracy in the background. As I said at one point in the now-deleted thread, I think that SpeedyKVM + Incero is simply a sensitive topic on LET and one that most mods would (understandably) rather not touch.

• @mksh said:

Edit2: I quite like your administration

FWIW, I didn't really notice Ant being attacked. Maybe I haven't been reading too deeply.

I just assumed it was another mod(no idea).

Thanked by 1mksh

At least you can argue with LET overloads here.

Do dat on WHT for an instant ban.

Thanked by 2mksh HostDoc
  • mkshmksh Member

@vimalware said:

@mksh said:

Edit2: I quite like your administration

FWIW, I didn't really notice Ant being attacked. Maybe I haven't been reading too deeply.

I just assumed it was another mod(no idea).

I have no idea either. Just wanted to state that i am quite happy overall with how things are going.

edited July 2018

So what if LET does really favor Incero or whatever?

I've never seen a truly clean online community. They are all crooked in a way or another. It's just matter of how dirty they are. At least, I can see where the dirt is in this community.

No community is truly fair. I am a fine example of that. Trolling for over a year and still not banned.