Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LowEndTalk deleted Incero and SpeedyKVM thread? [EDIT]
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LowEndTalk deleted Incero and SpeedyKVM thread? [EDIT]

KrisKris Member
edited July 2018 in General

So what happened to this thread?

A rogue lying moderator chimed in and gave some bullshit "I don't believe SpeedyKVM is an Incero brand"

It was a well developed thread, another moderator who wasn't shady or connected to Incero or the shits at SpeedyKVM modified the thread title to reflect - yes - SpeedyKVM is an Incero operation, with proof and that they refunded him.

Today : https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/148226/speedykvm-an-incero-company-cancelled-my-service-and-refunded-me#latest

Cleared. Deleted. Looks like Incero or SpeedyKVM got the corrupt moderator to delete the post totally.

Long story short: Guy ordered Anycast, was upfront about 3 locations and BGP announcements. After paying and requesting to be setup, the assholes realized he actually wanted Anycast, (perhaps for a CDN) and tried to extort $1000 to continue service.

So, what gives? This smells. I'm sure @Yura remembers the thread.

Thanked by 2vimalware sibaper

Comments

• KrisKris Member

Mirrors for when this is deleted by some pissant mod because god forbid Incero is connected with SpeedyKVM and the scammy nature of their bait and switch:

https://web.archive.org/web/20180708184320/https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/148373/lowendtalk-covering-up-for-incero-and-speedykvm

http://archive.is/KTaLG

• deankdeank Member, Troll

It is all my fault.

Blame me.

• Thanked by 1sasslik
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@Kris thanks for your kind words and objectivity...

I said to the OP in that thread:

AnthonySmith said: if your next reply is not a full and complete posting of all interactions via ticket you can be sure this entire thread will be gone.

Calm down, yes I caught your last line while typing this reply and I agree, he really can, but I don't like one sided agendas being pushed to suit an angry narrative.

Really either way, Incero have a reputation and its not a new one for doing EXACTLY this, if you value your time do research on companies before you use them.

On top of that another mod asked for some specifics to justify his SCAM claims, the OP decided to just spit more bile instead he chose not to provide further information, and I followed through and moved the thread out of public view.

I also said to the other mod's if I got the wrong end of the stick, feel free to move it back.

That is all there was to it, believe it or not we have lives outside of LET, we are just volunteers, not paid staff, we do not have any particular agenda, we are human and make mistakes.

There is no doubt SpeedyKVM and Incero are the same company, that was debated and squashed within a few posts.

Get a hold of your self and calm down.

Thanked by 2vimalware netomx
    edited July 2018

One of common problems in the threads that are linked is that -

original posters in such threads really tend to throw in fantasy imaginations bundled with pieces of facts here & there.

The whole thread smells like barbie poop but the OP certainly didn't help the situation by throwing in his level 1 high elf character. His posts had so much fat.

Why is it so hard to be objective?

Okay, I am going to be brutally objective on this: The end is nigh.

• lazytlazyt Member

Anthony told the OP to post more screenshots or the thread would be removed. It seems that the OP failed to do so and the thread was removed. Despite Anthony agreeing with the OP that Gorden could suck a wurst.

If I remember right SpeedyKVM has a clause against anycast in their TOS.

Thanked by 2vimalware Kris
  • KrisKris Member

AnthonySmith said: That is all there was to it, believe it or not we have lives outside of LET, we are just volunteers, not paid staff, we do not have any particular agenda, we are human and make mistakes.

Whoops. If I had seen that, and a closed topic, I wouldn't have rolled out the tin foil. FWIW, you were the mod who came in and added that it was Incero, while another shadeball ran interference for them... who is also a moderator.

It was rather straightforward from the tickets provided and lack of, he wanted to setup 3 anycast locations - purchased, and... turned away.

Seemed like a productive interesting thread, things just seemed off when it was completely deleted. Why not close and let sink in Offtopic like the others is beyond me, but thanks for the explanation and your mod duties. It can't be fun, things just didn't pass the sniff test here.

Thanked by 1pullangcubo
  • KrisKris Member

lazyt said: If I remember right SpeedyKVM has a clause against anycast in their TOS.

But in the ticket it was literally the first question. If they have an Anycast clause in their TOS, they shouldn't be answering pre-sales tickets for 3 locations with 'sure we can provide community support'

Just covering up crappy unknowledgeable support with worse management if that's the case. It was the OP's first sentence. He's expanding his anycast footprint and interested in announcing BGP at their 3 locations.

Sad management had their thumbs firmly up their asses on viewing tickets, or they could've avoided it. Instead, the poor guy purchased after doing due diligence and got Wabled.

• A quick Google reveals that Incero possibly has their own anycast video CDN services . (anycast.incero.com via https://www.incero.com/network)

edited July 2018

Yeah having just taken time to reread the thread perhaps removal was not the right choice, my personal stance is that he got bad advice from an L1 tech who answered his ISO question and ignored or did not understand the implications of the rest of it which obviously is not the OP's fault.

Their own terms (which the OP agreed to in advance of parting with money) state:

• For CDN style usage of three or more servers a gigabit unmetered package is required

Then the next person "George" asked if he essentially wanted to pay for the rest of the setup he required, the problem here is that the OP decided to only do a partial share of that part of the ticket.

Its not fun, my personal stance on Incero (which no doubt is well known) does not really matter they still deserve a fair crack of the whip when being criticized publicly and I just felt that the narrative was being forced when the effort to provide actual proof was very simple and the OP chose not to respond the the fact that he already agreed to the terms regarding the requirements for an anycast CDN and he himself had not purchased enough services to be allowed to run that.

Again, I may well have this wrong, i am completely open to that as a real possibility so if the other staff feel differently, chime in or move the thread back to continue.

If you want to consider changing this thread title that might be a good thing so we can have a discussion rather than a fight.

• defaultdefault Veteran

Thanked by 1netomx

Leave it locked. It's dead as Dodo.

• KrisKris Member

Locked and closed made sense given the OP didn't share full details. Enough though it was pretty clear what happened from the bits and pieces of screenshots.

I just was puzzled why it was straight up deleted - usually reserved for fake reviews, etc.

Beyond rational response, didn't come to get it re-opened, more was just wondering what happened as with the thread deleted I couldn't find it at all, or the comments I added.

Thanks for the heads up @AnthonySmith

• KrisKris Member

AnthonySmith said: If you want to consider changing this thread title that might be a good thing so we can have a discussion rather than a fight.

Changed to reflect it was just a deleted thread and not the conspiracy I thought.

Thanks for the heads up, I didn't see the questions to OP or the thread closed with reason, so I jumped to conclusions.

• @Kris said:

I just was puzzled why it was straight up deleted - usually reserved for fake reviews, etc.

Not deleted, just moved to the mod dump. Which is basically the windows recycling bin that no one ever empties and has infinite capacity.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • KrisKris Member

teamacc said: Not deleted, just moved to the mod dump. Which is basically the windows recycling bin that no one ever empties and has infinite capacity.

Infinite capacity? Must be on a different cluster than the one that hosts the polls :)

• TheXOTheXO Member
    edited July 2018

I got my previous, full, active account deleted and wiped out when i argued with clouvider. And i ain't even angry. yay me.

• PandyPandy Member
    edited July 2018

You both asked for more proof, but if, as the OP said, there we no other interactions other than the support ticket (that he linked publicly) and the 1000$ ticket (that was in a picture, probably was in a proper ticket rather than support ticket, which may be why it cant be viewed publicly) and OP wasnt happy with that and decided to just get refunded and get out (deleting account) then what could he show?

if i remember correctly, the support ticker was over a month ago, where as the picture said it was 21h ago, there might be a disconnection there, unless he waited a month to order it, or the picture was a month old. but im only going by memory here

//edit also i did get to read his long responses before it disappeared, so it may be that he just wants to get his point across, and not really willing to expand it on that, but still completely hiding it from everyone wasnt the right thing imo, it was already deindexed in offtopic iirc?

Thanked by 1Kris
  • williewillie Member
    edited July 2018

My inclination while that thread was still up was to close it and leave it up to Anthony whether to keep it visible, but I didn't get around to writing a comment, basically saying the same stuff as below:

Nobody here likes SpeedyKVM but the intensity of that guy's vendetta was ridiculous. We don't know why they cancelled him other than his one-sided interpretation. If the tickets he wrote had the same level of invective as his LET posts, he would have deserved getting banned for that all by itself. Or maybe other relevant info was omitted. We can't know unless we see those tickets, and he had them deleted. That's just a life lesson in general: if you pursue a dispute with someone when you've deleted relevant evidence, that deletion at minimum will make your case look bad. So don't delete the evidence. The terms "spoliation" and "adverse inference" are used in analogous situations in the legal system. You can look them up.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited July 2018

Was gonna post something in the old (deleted) thread just after Anthonys message.
    Re-read and found out SpeedyKVM is banned. Found this thread https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/137536/incero-speedykvm-throws-the-ban-hammer-at-all-let-members/p1 . Don't have any further comment to make except that I was also a bit confused as to why it was deleted so far and not just closed or left in offtopic. Just my two cents anyway^^ I don't really know what I was gonna post anymore anyway.

Thanked by 1Kris

The thread had so much racism anyway. Better leave it locked.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@TheXO said:
    I got my previous, full, active account deleted and wiped out when i argued with clouvider. And i ain't even angry. yay me.

For the sake of fairness: Tagging @Clouvider

Thanked by 1Clouvider

Tagging @Clouvider because jsg tagged him.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

I don't know or care about that case but when "full, active account deleted and wiped out when i argued with [provider]" is said about a provider I feel said provider should at least know about it.

The end is nigh anyway.

• teamacc said: Which is basically the windows recycling bin that no one ever empties and has infinite capacity.

Thanks for that. This afternoon I was working on a Windows 10 box that was a little buggered... it showed 6.4 EB in the recycle bin, with a 500 GB HDD.

• mkshmksh Member

@Kris said:

AnthonySmith said: If you want to consider changing this thread title that might be a good thing so we can have a discussion rather than a fight.

Changed to reflect it was just a deleted thread and not the conspiracy I thought.

Thanks for the heads up, I didn't see the questions to OP or the thread closed with reason, so I jumped to conclusions.

Would still be nice to know why Incero gets special treatment. People scream scam for no reason all the time and nothing is deleted/moved. At best the title gets adjusted and the thread closed. I guess i know why anyways but it would be nice to have it black on white.

Thanked by 4Kris BlaZe Yura maverickp
  • emghemgh Member

Hoestly since they're policy is to ban our forum members and since OP provided a screen of the thousend dollar demand, as far as I remember, I see no reason for the thread to be removed. It's Inceros marketing fault that they don't join the discussion and explain their side of the story, we're not here to do that for them.

On the other side, I do not think that the moderators that we have here are corrupt, however, I think that removing the thread was a bad call, or a call I didn't agree on. However that's called different opinions and not corruption.

edited July 2018

mksh said: Would still be nice to know why Incero gets special treatment.

There was no special treatment, you just happen to have noticed this one, a lot of moderation actions are taken daily around the clock, sometimes a decision hits a nerve with a handful of people which is unavoidable and people think there is some big injustice, its really not the case.

Really across the board it boils down to this, in a lot of cases the community self moderates, for example: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/148379/dewlance

When it does not we do, the same action would have been taken regardless of the host.

You can accept that or not, if not I doubt anything else I will have to say will convince you otherwise.

• mkshmksh Member

@AnthonySmith said:

mksh said: Would still be nice to know why Incero gets special treatment.

There was no special treatment, you just happen to have noticed this one, a lot of moderation actions are taken daily around the clock, sometimes a decision hits a nerve with a handful of people which is unavoidable and people think there is some big injustice, its really not the case.

Oh, i am not that bothered. I just wanted to see what the explanation would be.

Really across the board it boils down to this, in a lot of cases the community self moderates when it does not we do, the same action would have been taken regardless of the host.

Well, if you say that.

You can accept that or not, if not I doubt anything else I will have to say will convince you otherwise.

I doesn't really matter if i accept it. If i believe it is another question.

Thanked by 1Kris

Ok then.