Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Conext - LXD Control Panel - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Conext - LXD Control Panel

2»

Comments

• twaintwain Member

@jvnadr said:

lcherone said: This forum is great lol, should be called lowlivestroll.com

So, you posted your work in this forum, some members with great knowledge and good contribute on security over the last several years, did criticize your coding and talked also generally about good security practices. Instead of arguing about the code, you chose to bash the community that really contributed calling them "low lives troll". If your approach to this thread is similar on your approach to your code, then... Good buy and thanks for all the fish.

He wasn’t actually the OP of this thread. I found this project online as I was looking for an LXD web UI, and posted the project as I thought it would be of interest. I have no affiliation with the project or developer.

Thanked by 2lcherone jvnadr
  • lcheronelcherone Member
    edited June 2018

What gleaning security issues? I've been waiting for almost a week for one of you "experts" to post an issue so I can actually see the problem.

Then I'll fix it.. like I have with the original gen password issue..

Thanks for all your feedback,

You all are such experts in the field your "advice" is priceless, just think if you used your advice to contribute or maybe open a stacksecurity/stackoverflow account, then you would do great things, your be actually peer-reviewed and that would help both your career prospects and others.. but instead you're so selfless, you just post your expert advice on a forum.

Could you also give your advice on LXD-UI another project ive built, I'm sure it has major security issues which makes it unusable as it was my first project using Electron and Vue https://github.com/lcherone/LXD-UI

• lcheronelcherone Member
    edited June 2018

@twain said:

@jvnadr said:

lcherone said: This forum is great lol, should be called lowlivestroll.com

So, you posted your work in this forum, some members with great knowledge and good contribute on security over the last several years, did criticize your coding and talked also generally about good security practices. Instead of arguing about the code, you chose to bash the community that really contributed calling them "low lives troll". If your approach to this thread is similar on your approach to your code, then... Good buy and thanks for all the fish.

He wasn’t actually the OP of this thread. I found this project online as I was looking for an LXD web UI, and posted the project as I thought it would be of interest. I have no affiliation with the project or developer.

And I only signed up to this forum to reply to the OP @twain as I saw the traffic from this post in the traffic tab on github.. tbh, I regret doing so, as I've seem to have ignited something which id rather not get into. e.g kicked a hornets nest.. Sorry about that.. sorry I signed up. Good luck with all your projects. See you on GitHub

Keep calm carry on..

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2018

lcherone said: What gleaning security issues? I've been waiting for almost a week for one of you "experts" to post an issue so I can actually see the problem.

I don't know how many times I need to repeat this: the problem isn't in specific security issues, it's in your (wrong) approach to security of trying to fix issues piecemeal without fixing the underlying process that caused them to exist in the first place. You've not addressed this at all.

lcherone said: You all are such experts in the field your "advice" is priceless, just think if you used your advice to contribute or maybe open a stacksecurity/stackoverflow account, then you would do great things, your be actually peer-reviewed and that would help both your career prospects and others.. but instead you're so selfless, you just post your expert advice on a forum.

Some of us have different metrics of productivity, than an upvote counter on a website that's fairly well-known amongst security researchers for not appropriately dealing with dangerous and outdated answers.

You seem very concerned with popularity metrics.

• twaintwain Member
    edited July 2018

It appears the project hath disappeareth...

EDIT: Looks like the project was acquired according to his comment in:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/LXD/comments/8o42p3/github_conext_an_lxd_control_panel/

So, who has a copy of it?

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • twaintwain Member

@joepie91 said:

I never tried it out as was hesitant due to security things brought up..

@twain said:

@joepie91 said:

I never tried it out as was hesitant due to security things brought up..

Same here. Could still be useful as documentation on how to work with LXD, though; HyperVM's source code, for all its terribleness, was similarly useful to understand OpenVZ better.