Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alpharacks.com
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Alpharacks.com

nessnessnessness Member
edited July 2018 in Reviews

Fixed by Alpharacks Support. Thank you

Comments

• Hi,

I am glad to hear that you were enjoying our VPS's up until this billing mishap.

If you open a PayPal dispute - yes, our billing system (WHMCS) automatically detects it and suspends services (this was a feature introduced to WHMCS I believe in version 7.1 or 7.0). I will look into your ticket numbers and follow up with you personally.

• @alpharacks said:
    Hi,

I am glad to hear that you were enjoying our VPS's up until this billing mishap.

If you open a PayPal dispute - yes, our billing system (WHMCS) automatically detects it and suspends services (this was a feature introduced to WHMCS I believe in version 7.1 or 7.0). I will look into your ticket numbers and follow up with you personally.

your support Joshua Collishaw clearly said please close the dispute in 24 hours , and you suspended all my services in just one hour before even seeing your email.

• Correction to my previous statement, this feature was introduced in version 7.2 (not 7.1) by WHMCS - https://blog.whmcs.com/128118/feature-spotlight-automated-payment-dispute-handling

Yes, he advised you against opening a dispute and instead work with us, otherwise our WHMCS system will automatically suspend your service..

Give me a few minutes to finish reading up your tickets and I'll make sure we make you happy :-) I will follow up with you today.

• alpharacksalpharacks Member
    edited July 2018

I have responded to your ticket and have temporarily unsuspended your services, but there is not much I can do as you opened a PayPal dispute for all the transactions you made to us. Upon our next cron run at midnight, WHMCS will automatically suspend your services again because of the PayPal disputes

We are requesting you work with us in the ticket, and close the disputes so we can restore your services, that way WHMCS does not suspend or terminate your services.

• SwiftnodeSwiftnode Member, Host Rep

@alpharacks said:
    I have responded to your ticket and have temporarily unsuspended your services, but there is not much I can do as you opened a PayPal dispute for all the transactions you made to us. Upon our next cron run at midnight, WHMCS will automatically suspend your services again because of the PayPal disputes

We are requesting you work with us in the ticket, and close the disputes so we can restore your services, that way WHMCS does not suspend or terminate your services.

Doesn't the "override auto-suspend" feature built into WHMCS on the service page negate this?

• @alpharacks said:

Thank you. I was mad because your support stopped answering my tickets. Well I have closed all the disputes on PayPal , I wish you were the support replying my ticket , we could have avoided all this and also save my websites. I got many of my website clients angry because of the suspension

• mkshmksh Member
    edited July 2018

OP what is their refund policy? If are actually entitled to a refund think twice before closing your dispute since afaik you won't be able to reopen it in case things don't work out.

@alpharacks said:

Might not be intended this way but i hope you know that requesting him to close the dispute without offering a resolution while suggesting it needs to be done first sounds shady as fuck.

• Not sure considering the invoice is marked as Collections status as soon as a dispute is opened.

This thread can be closed, OP has closed disputes and services were restored

• h2oh2o Member

LET gets a reply faster than the ticket system.

∑( ° △ °|||

• bjrjkbjrjk Member

@h2o said:

∑( ° △ °|||

Well, It seems that's true.

• @h2o said:

∑( ° △ °|||

because the complains, reactions, problems, can be seen here by others potential customers. in their system, as ticket is something internal.

I consider alright to be like that, it seems to be interested about their brand, which is a good thing for both parts.

(I am an alpharacks user)

• Wait, you two are actually hosting something on alpharacks?

HOLY SHIT!

Please PM me a few of the sites you host. I would absolutely love to have a looksie. Omg this is such amazing news to me. I always considered alpharacks the most trash VPS host. I get 120 kB/s on IPv6, have been moved to another node, extremely inconsistent HDD performance, and connections time out every 10-15 minutes (SSH, IRC). Shit I have a screen cast showing a 35 minute apt update command. Uptime robot slams me with timeout error notifications.

Seriously, please let me see a working site on alpharacks! I want your autographs, you are my heroes.

Thanked by 1ralph
  • h2oh2o Member

@WorkingDude said:
    Seriously, please let me see a working site on alpharacks! I want your autographs, you are my heroes.

The monitoring report of my servers. (alprks & vrmh)

• dracodraco Member

WorkingDude said: Seriously, please let me see a working site on alpharacks! I want your autographs, you are my heroes.

I am amazed too. I sometimes get down time of 6 hours straight on a single day.

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

AlphaRacks VPS are fine. Performance is not that good, but still, it's QuadraNet network - which is fantastic. I have not encountered major downtime events.

I use one as a secondary DNS, works great.

• WorkingDudeWorkingDude Member
    edited July 2018

What?! I've been duped ;) @alpharacks put me on the trash metal in their bedroom closet or something. Two times as well, since they moved my vps to another node because I bitched about it like a little girl.

20 minutes downtime in 7 days is freaking amazing, @h2o!

And yes, @FHR, it should be great but for some reason the node I'm on times out once or twice a minute or so, judging by my attempts at ssh-ing in, and a nodejs IRC bot I run on the VPS.

(EDIT: 1-2/minute at the time I tried to ssh in and run the bench.sh attached below)

@draco, that's about my experience as well. Quite unfortunate :(

In the last 7 days uptime is at about 60% which is not exactly horrible but it's also a free uptimerobot account which only checks every 5 minutes. Uptime is lower in reality.
    uptime robot screenshot

Check out bench.sh ran some minutes ago because it takes a while to finish :P

----------------------------------------------------------------------

CPU model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620 0 @ 2.00GHz

Number of cores : 1

CPU frequency : 1500.750 MHz

Total size of Disk : 20.0 GB (6.6 GB Used)

Total amount of Mem : 1024 MB (612 MB Used)

Total amount of Swap : 0 MB (0 MB Used)

System uptime : 88 days, 18 hour 33 min

Load average : 0.02, 0.38, 0.28

Arch : x86_64 (64 Bit)

Kernel : 2.6.32-042stab126.2

I/O speed(1st run) : 33.1 MB/s

I/O speed(2nd run) : 140.6 MB/s

I/O speed(3rd run) : 14.7 MB/s

Average I/O speed : 62.8 MB/s

Node Name IPv4 address Download Speed

CacheFly 205.234.175.175 11.1MB/s

Linode, Tokyo, JP 106.187.96.148 7.72MB/s

Linode, Singapore, SG 139.162.23.4 4.36MB/s

Linode, London, UK 176.58.107.39 5.25MB/s

Linode, Frankfurt, DE 139.162.130.8 4.35MB/s

Linode, Fremont, CA 50.116.14.9 8.09MB/s

Softlayer, Dallas, TX 173.192.68.18 9.45MB/s

Softlayer, Seattle, WA 67.228.112.250 9.85MB/s

Softlayer, Frankfurt, DE 159.122.69.4 4.39MB/s

Softlayer, Singapore, SG 119.81.28.170 7.13MB/s

Softlayer, HongKong, CN 119.81.130.170 5.74MB/s

Node Name IPv6 address Download Speed

Linode, Atlanta, GA 2600:3c02::4b 548KB/s

Linode, Dallas, TX 2600:3c00::4b 802KB/s

Linode, Newark, NJ 2600:3c03::4b 449KB/s

packet_write_wait: Connection to 123.123.123.123 port 22: Broken pipe

That's right, ssh connection timed out while waiting for the thing to finish. No, it's not my local connection, and yes, there's a ClientAliveInterval set to 120.

I supposedly have a 1Gb/s link, because I paid for the add-on, but I highly doubt that's the reality. It's 100Mb/s.

• alpharacksalpharacks Member
    edited July 2018

@WorkingDude, sorry to hear but I am eager to get this resolved and working properly for you!

From the results, it looks like your VPS is still on 100Mbps. 1Gbps addons are manually activated at this time, and it states in the welcome email you must open a ticket to request any addons be activated.

Send in a ticket and PM me, I'll oversee the ticket.

FHR said: AlphaRacks VPS are fine. Performance is not that good, but still, it's QuadraNet network - which is fantastic. I have not encountered major downtime events.

I use one as a secondary DNS, works great.

Thank you FHR for the great words, it is highly appreciated. In case you need any help, please don't hesitate to contact us by ticket.

• h2oh2o Member
    edited July 2018

WorkingDude said: 20 minutes downtime in 7 days is freaking amazing, @h2o!

Maybe your server is in a bad luck node. :D

• @alpharacks I did submit the request for 1Gb/s via ticket both before being moved to the new box for the old VPS and after it got moved.

Sucks that you have to deal with public poop-smearing like this. I had resigned thinking that was all your boxes can do, but since there are people who are having a great experience I must have been unlucky. Twice

• dracodraco Member

h2o said: Maybe your server is in a bad luck node. :D

Guess it's not just him. I get it all the time as well, I just accept it as it is because I paid really cheaply for it.

• How long has this company been around?

• AlphaRacks' VPS is good and the network is very good. Last week I opened the wrong order and the customer service refund was fast.

• @yourshell got an uptime screenshot to share? Also, what is "very good"? You're getting 110 Mb/s speed tests? No downtime at all?

• WorkingDudeWorkingDude Member
    edited July 2018

@sidewinder said:
    How long has this company been around?

5 years

• @draco said:

h2o said: Maybe your server is in a bad luck node. :D

Guess it's not just him. I get it all the time as well, I just accept it as it is because I paid really cheaply for it.

Yeah my plan was cheap too, got one of their black friday specials package. That's why I figured oh well, I got duped :) What else is new? I tried to keep a weblate install running for a couple of months... big mistake lol. Had to move it. You really can't do anything with the VPS, not even "dev" or "test" environments. I'm much better off spinning up a Parallels machine and opening port 443 on my home router.

Also, by the way, I have other cheap VPSes and I've nothing but good things to say about those (I'll write a review once I get some time, been gathering data). So I don't really buy into the "cheap = shit, what can you do" phylosophy. I just chalk it all up to false advertising.

• @h2o said:

@WorkingDude said:

The monitoring report of my servers. (alprks & vrmh)

off topic but what software produced these graphs? thanks

• ajh76ajh76 Member

@sidewinder said:

Looks like Pingdom

Thanked by 1WorkingDude
  • FHRFHR Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2018

@WorkingDude said:
    @yourshell got an uptime screenshot to share? Also, what is "very good"? You're getting 110 Mb/s speed tests? No downtime at all?

# uptime 05:45:02 up 235 days, 8:43, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

CPU model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5620 @ 2.40GHz
    Number of cores : 1
    CPU frequency : 2399.908 MHz
    Total size of Disk : 20.0 GB (4.3 GB Used)
    Total amount of Mem : 1024 MB (32 MB Used)
    Total amount of Swap : 0 MB (0 MB Used)
    System uptime : 235 days, 8 hour 47 min
    Load average : 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
    Arch : x86_64 (64 Bit)

Kernel : 2.6.32-042stab125.5

I/O speed(1st run) : 745 MB/s
    I/O speed(2nd run) : 826 MB/s
    I/O speed(3rd run) : 614 MB/s

Average I/O speed : 728.3 MB/s

Node Name IPv4 address Download Speed
    Linode, Tokyo, JP 106.187.96.148 8.93MB/s
    Linode, Singapore, SG 139.162.23.4 6.19MB/s
    Linode, London, UK 176.58.107.39 7.38MB/s
    Linode, Frankfurt, DE 139.162.130.8 6.83MB/s
    Linode, Fremont, CA 50.116.14.9 11.7MB/s
    Softlayer, Dallas, TX 173.192.68.18 11.4MB/s
    Softlayer, Seattle, WA 67.228.112.250 10.7MB/s
    Softlayer, Frankfurt, DE 159.122.69.4 7.05MB/s
    Softlayer, Singapore, SG 119.81.28.170 8.95MB/s

Softlayer, HongKong, CN 119.81.130.170 8.35MB/s

Node Name IPv6 address Download Speed
    Linode, Atlanta, GA 2600:3c02::4b 997KB/s
    Linode, Dallas, TX 2600:3c00::4b 1.28MB/s
    Linode, Newark, NJ 2600:3c03::4b 878KB/s
    Linode, Singapore, SG 2400:8901::4b 246KB/s
    Linode, Tokyo, JP 2400:8900::4b 567KB/s
    Softlayer, San Jose, CA 2607:f0d0:2601:2a::4 9.37MB/s
    Softlayer, Washington, WA 2607:f0d0:3001:78::2 475KB/s
    Softlayer, Paris, FR 2a03:8180:1301:8::4 502KB/s
    Softlayer, Singapore, SG 2401:c900:1101:8::2 450KB/s

Softlayer, Tokyo, JP 2401:c900:1001:16::4 378KB/s

I unfortunately have no external uptime monitoring pointed at this server, this is all I have.

• h2oh2o Member

@ajh76 said:

@sidewinder said:

Looks like Pingdom

Bingo!

• @FHR said:
    I unfortunately have no external uptime monitoring pointed at this server, this is all I have.

That's quite alright, I was just honestly curious. It seems IPv6 speeds are a problem even for someone who is happy with their service.

But this is great, thank you for sharing!