Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many backups do you have? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How many backups do you have?

2»

Comments

• Daily of conf files, databases and web data, weekly vm level backups (on VPS and Dedis).

At home all my files are replicated to my nextcloud server which is cached on a couple of workstations, and a daily backup of that back to a ESX server at home. The couple of servers at home are throw away so only config backups for them.

• edited June 2018

None. We loose our data like men ~some guy on the internet.

Jokes aside, google drive and backblaze for personal/work backup.

Aws and another remote ftp backup for cPanel servers. (aws with one month backups on cold - backing up daily)

• 7 backup is good

• I Use R1 Soft for my Server backup full data

• imokimok Member

It looks like I need to start using my other backup servers. Just one backup location currently.

• There's a tool called rsync born to handle large intense change data

@WooServersHosting said:
    When it comes to backup, we usually subscribe to a backup service and leave things unattended. It's not an efficient way to handle backups. I do appreciate all backup service providers, but for a trouble-free life, we should save some backups ourselves on a local hard drive or a cloud service. Also, it's better to take backups or at least save important files before a major update to get things under control. If your data is large, it's not practical to save them to a local drive or cloud as it is a time-consuming process. So it's better to save very important files periodically and take whole backups depending on your time and the size of your data along with a backup service plan.

• Raid can not replace backup. If the server goes down? Or network problem? Or provider run away? then all your data is lost.

@vonlz888 said:
    I Use R1 Soft for my Server backup full data

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@hostingtalking said:
    Raid can not replace backup. If the server goes down? Or network problem? Or provider run away? then all your data is lost.

@vonlz888 said:
    I Use R1 Soft for my Server backup full data

R1 soft its not raid it's r1soft.com

• HxxxHxxx Member

booom! headshot. Clean and crisp.

@raindog308 said:

lazyt said: Backups on three different servers. Databases corrupt on all three when the Delimiter server crashed.

You had replication, not backups.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2018

I could have sworn I had made one of these for this year, oh well. Here's how my backups have evolved over the years:

2015:

2016:

2017:

Thanked by 1pedagang
  • KuJoe said: Here's how my backups have evolved over the years:

damn bro.... nice..

i still burning backups on cds... naa.

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@KuJoe what made you mve from CrashPlan+ to Backblaze?

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

personally I don't think the hubiC can be counted as backup - impossible to deal with big data backups due to speed restriction.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@Ympker said:
    @KuJoe what made you mve from CrashPlan+ to Backblaze?

I don't use either now, but I switched because of performance.

@WebProject said:
    personally I don't think the hubiC can be counted as backup - impossible to deal with big data backups due to speed restriction.

I don't use it any more luckily.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • The end is nigh!

• edited July 2018

Amazon S3 is great for secure backup storage, or Amazon Glacier if you're not likely to need to restore all too often.

• flipperhostflipperhost Member, Patron Provider

1 backup at the remote backup server should be good enough.

• There is the 3-2-1 backup rule is an easy-to-remember acronym for a common approach to keeping your data safe in almost any failure scenario. The rule is: keep at least three (3) copies of your data, and store two (2) backup copies on different storage media, with one (1) of them located offsite. For a one-computer user, the nakivo vsphere backup strategy can be as simple as copying all important files to another device – or, ideally, several devices – and keeping them in a safe place.

• @JohnEvans said:
    There is the 3-2-1 backup rule is an easy-to-remember acronym for a common approach to keeping your data safe in almost any failure scenario. The rule is: keep at least three (3) copies of your data, and store two (2) backup copies on different storage media, with one (1) of them located offsite. For a one-computer user, the nakivo vsphere backup strategy can be as simple as copying all important files to another device – or, ideally, several devices – and keeping them in a safe place.

Necromancy is prohibited.