Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Solid Reseller Hosting (APAC)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Solid Reseller Hosting (APAC)

Gidday,

After years of self hosting on LE boxes I've wound down most of my sites and now just host a few personal sites (inc. NextCloud, a single low usage WordPress and some random php scripts). I'm looking to ditch my NOCIX server plus drop a few vm's with all my personal stuff being moved onto someone else's server. I'll keep the Online.net server for my linux backups.

What I'm looking for:
100GB+ storage (not fussed if HD or SSD)
500GB+ transfer a month
Cpanel for laziness
Option for Dedicated IP (happy to pay for it)

Prefer:
In APAC area (Aus, Singapore, NZ etc.) although would do west coast of US, nothing in EU.
Backups (weekly is fine - will also have my own offsite)
Reliable mail server (I send around 100 personal emails a month)
Reseller as I host a few friends on their own accounts currently (combined usage would be under 2GB space/transfer a month across them all)

My only concern is that NextCloud can be a bit of a mare with resources sometimes. I've got it running stock with a few app's however the last time I was on a shared server I was constantly hitting the low CloudLinux resource limits for that provider. If it becomes a performance hog I'd like the ability to be able to purchase extra resources (ram/IOPs etc).

Budget is flexible, say $10-15 USD a month.

Comments

• emghemgh Member

You don’t have to do it drastically as so, scale down from servers & virtual servers to a single vps instead, there’s affordablw and good providers in that area such as Digitalocean & Vultr. Don’t use a panel and you’re at $5 a month.

Thanked by 1kingjj
  • Thanked by 2kingjj Cam
  • Host4GeeksHost4Geeks Member, Host Rep

India and LA both available. Drop a PM for some discount codes. We used SSDs only so pricing and storage may be slightly off but I am happy to do something for you.

Thanked by 1kingjj
  • kingjjkingjj Member

@emgh said:
    You don’t have to do it drastically as so, scale down from servers & virtual servers to a single vps instead, there’s affordablw and good providers in that area such as Digitalocean & Vultr. Don’t use a panel and you’re at $5 a month.

Since becoming a parent my free time has disappeared. There are days where I don't touch a PC other than at work (which is locked down). I really don't have the time nor interest in running a web server and the associated bits and bobs anymore. I've still got a chunk of credit with linode that I'll use to spin up a vps or two when I feel the need to stuff something up and no doubt I'll buy several servers I don't need during the next big sale. Cheers for the advice though!

Thanked by 1emgh
  • kingjjkingjj Member

@Host4Geeks said:
    India and LA both available. Drop a PM for some discount codes. We used SSDs only so pricing and storage may be slightly off but I am happy to do something for you.

Cheers mate, I'll have a nosey and let you know if interested. India seems a little exotic for me but LA's always on the list.

• kingjjkingjj Member

Had a vps with @Trewq which was rock solid, always happy to recommend them and get recommended to them!

• @kingjj said:

Had a vps with @Trewq which was rock solid, always happy to recommend them and get recommended to them!

@DewlanceVPS has affordable reseller in Sydney.

not sure what @oliver can offer

Thanked by 1DewlanceVPS
  • mkshmksh Member

@Gravely said:

@kingjj said:

@DewlanceVPS has affordable reseller in Sydney.

Just so you know Dewlance doesn't offer autoboot anymore. Good god i don't know why they were tagged...

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

@kingjj said:
    Gidday,
    My only concern is that NextCloud can be a bit of a mare with resources sometimes. I've got it running stock with a few app's however the last time I was on a shared server I was constantly hitting the low CloudLinux resource limits for that provider. If it becomes a performance hog I'd like the ability to be able to purchase extra resources (ram/IOPs etc).

Budget is flexible, say $10-15 USD a month.

You can purchase our Busy Website Plan (4GB RAM, Can Increased it to 6GB)

Thanked by 1kingjj
  • kingjjkingjj Member
    edited June 2018

I'm still looking for options if anyone's got any further suggestions.

I tried to sign up for BuyShared but twice got caught out by FraudLabs as my IP location didn't match my address. This is a known issue with my ISP and something they aren't interested in fixing. I live in a small country where most IP's are geolocated to the largest city at the other end of the country. First time I've ever been denied an account.

Have ended up paying for another month with my current provider.

Happy to look at all options now. Have been checking out those mentioned above. Cheers

• emghemgh Member

@kingjj said:
    I'm still looking for options if anyone's got any further suggestions.

I tried to sign up for BuyShared but twice got caught out by FraudLabs as my IP location didn't match my address. This is a known issue with my ISP and something they aren't interested in fixing. I live in a small country where most IP's are geolocated to the largest city at the other end of the country. First time I've ever been denied an account.

Have ended up paying for another month with my current provider.

Happy to look at all options now. Have been checking out those mentioned above. Cheers

Ask @Francisco - otherwise, I believe there's no fraud checks on Bitcoin orders.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

emgh said: Ask @Francisco - otherwise, I believe there's no fraud checks on Bitcoin orders.

Correct. BTC & Alipay are both automagically exempt.

kingjj said: I tried to sign up for BuyShared but twice got caught out by FraudLabs as my IP location didn't match my address. This is a known issue with my ISP and something they aren't interested in fixing. I live in a small country where most IP's are geolocated to the largest city at the other end of the country. First time I've ever been denied an account.

Did you log a ticket to billing? Or have a ticket/email automagically be sent to you?

Francisco

• kingjjkingjj Member
    edited June 2018

@Francisco said:

emgh said: Ask @Francisco - otherwise, I believe there's no fraud checks on Bitcoin orders.

kingjj said: I tried to sign up for BuyShared but twice got caught out by FraudLabs as my IP location didn't match my address. This is a known issue with my ISP and something they aren't interested in fixing. I live in a small country where most IP's are geolocated to the largest city at the other end of the country. First time I've ever been denied an account.

Did you log a ticket to billing? Or have a ticket/email automagically be sent to you?

Francisco

@Francisco said:

Francisco

Gidday @Francisco,

I opened a ticket (Ticket ID: 283485) and was told that my options were to order when I was at home (which I was) or pay with Bitcoin (which I've never used and tbh have no desire to start using). I cycled the cable modem a few times but each IP I was issued came back to other locations. I then tried to order a second time via my cellular provider but that was also tagged. I would order at work but that's geolocated to our main site in another city. Is AliPay easy to use? Happy to give that a try.

Cheers