Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

38% Off Recuring 1GB of RAM, 60GB disk space. Gigabit PORT. Switzerland PreOrder Only $4.34
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

38% Off Recuring 1GB of RAM, 60GB disk space. Gigabit PORT. Switzerland PreOrder Only $4.34

CoreyCorey Member

We are very happy with the feedback we are receiving from our product at http://www.bitaccel.com/ Just check out our site and see for yourself!

We allow most anything that is legal. We allow IRC and VPN.

We strive to be transparent! Need proof? Check out some of our server information here -http://stats.bitaccel.com/

Servers hosted in Buffalo, NY, Los Angeles, and Switzerland!
1 Cores
1GB Ram - Guaranteed
60GB HDD - Raid10
1TB Bandwidth (2048GB)
1* IPV4
$4.34/mo with promo code LE38
Order NOW!

Be sure to use promo code LE38!

Test IP for NY:
Test File for NY:
192.210.150.2/100mb.test

Test IP for LA:
Test File for LA:
173.254.233.130/100mb.test

Comments

• How long is preorder?

• @Liam said:
    Are Swiss servers with privatelayer?

Wouldn't be surprised, I received an quote for a vps node to my whois email without asking for one

• BradNDBradND Member

I guess you got an email from private layer?

• chrispchrisp Member

@Corey can you tell us where in Switzerland so we could check this before ordering (ping to providers domain at least and reputation).

• so if switzerland did not materialized,we will be reimbursed with credits am i right?

• I don't think that it is Private Layer, at least at their official "mega-deal" prices: https://www.privatelayer.com/dedicated.php

• BradNDBradND Member

It's privatelayer

Hi and happy Tuesday,
    Private Layer has affordable dedicated server packages for VPS companies wanting to expand into the Swiss Market. Here is our most popular package used by our major VPS customers:

Price: USD 249 per month / No Setup Fee
    Datacenter: Zurich, Switzerland
    Processor: Intel Xeon Jaketown E5-2620 (6 cores - 12 total threads)
    Memory: 32 GB DDR ECC Registered Ram (for maximum container density)
    Hard Drive: 4 X 2TB 7200RPM SATAII (for maximum disk IO)
    Network Port: 1Gbps Public and Private Ports
    Network Data: 50 TB per Month allowed data transfer
    100TB, and 1Gbps Unmetered available for additional fee
    Network Carriers: Cogent, TINET, Computerline, and SWISSIX
    IP Address: /27 Private Subnet (29 usable IP addresses)
    Additional IP space Available for $1 per IP address
    IP addresses are properly GEO located to Zurich, Switzerland
    Operating System: PROXMOX 3.0, ESXI 5.1, CENTOS 6 / OPENVZ, or WINDOWS 2008 with HyperV
    Management: Full access to Supermicro IMPI2 interface with KVM
    Remote reboot via APC distribution in control panel
    Support: Unmanaged support, with unlimited OS installs included

Just respond to this email and we can get this server up for you in less than 24 hours. . If you require other hardware for your setup, just let me know and I can quote you on this as well. Thank you very much for your time.

Sincerely,

Dan Holiday

Private Layer Sales

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

Haha, now we wait for a provider from here who did NOT get that exact same spam email... ;)

• chrispchrisp Member

@Liam said:
    Interesting. I just remember hearing many negative things about them in the past (http://www.lowendbox.com/?s=privatelayer.com&searchsubmit=Find).>

I had a CHVPS box and in 6 months they shut it down (yes, without starting it again and without submitting a ticket) and rebooted it randomly. That wasn't even the problem. The real problem is their support. They don't understand anything you tell them. It's like writing with monkeys.

So @Corey if it's privatelayer then I am not interested at all :(

• I guess they got rid of Fernando Yemail who used to send out these offers and haven't received an offer from him since March with this new sales guy.. sounds like a shuffle at PrivateLayer

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited June 2013

@Liam said:
    Interesting. I just remember hearing many negative things about them in the past

@chrisp said:
    The real problem is their support. They don't understand anything you tell them. It's like writing with monkeys.

Depend who you deal with. They have one capable, helpful guy named Ezequiel Pineda. Wherever I am unhappy because of something regarding them I request support ticket escalation to him. In two years or so I got impression like most of them don't know what they are doing but this guy knows and usually bring solution.

• @Corey: I'm afraid it's only OpenVZ?

• @BradND Yes that exact same email yesterday, didn't touch it with the negative reviews on chvps

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited June 2013

The biggest share of complains goes to their CHVPS brand, especially early stages when they wasn't really prepared well enough for dealing with VPSs. Since then they improved. Still some issue here and there but nothing drastic. Support can be problematic but I learnt to escalate my support tickets to proper person (read my comment above) and he usually solve them.
    Anyway, what I am trying to say is that early chvps vps experience don't necessary reflect privatelayer dedicated server experience managed by other host. If Corey won't have too much issues with server and network performance it's quite possible that he will offer decent VPS service on interesting location.

• CoreyCorey Member

@chrisp said:
    So Corey if it's privatelayer then I am not interested at all :(

The email from privatelayer prompted me to test the waters and see how much interest there is for switzerland. I don't have to go with privatelayer, there are other companies like nine.ch that seem very competitive.

@mpkossen said:
    Corey: I'm afraid it's only OpenVZ?

Yes for now.> @cosmicgate said:

so if switzerland did not materialized,we will be reimbursed with credits am i right?

You will be given a full refund.> @concerto49 said:

How long is preorder?

I was hoping it wouldn't be very long. But so far there have been 0 orders for this location.

• chrispchrisp Member

@Corey said:
    I was hoping it wouldn't be very long. But so far there have been 0 orders for this location.

..what did you expect? for me that would be important because my edis vps did not work with wilmaa (nine.ch). Tell us what you're aiming to get and preorders will climb up.

• SpiritSpirit Member

@Corey said:
    ... so far there have been 0 orders for this location.

This may change once you actually get box. People here are impatient and wants things which they pay "now".

• <3 BitAccel. One of the best providers on here. Corey looks out for you

• CoreyCorey Member

@chrisp said:
    ..what did you expect? for me that would be important because my edis vps did not work with wilmaa (nine.ch). Tell us what you're aiming to get and preorders will climb up.

Aiming for at least 30 orders in this location by July 5th.

• @doughmanes said:
    I guess they got rid of Fernando Yemail who used to send out these offers and haven't received an offer from him since March with this new sales guy.. sounds like a shuffle at PrivateLayer

BTW I think they mined LET for e-mails when the hack happened. I even received an e-mail from them. Also, in this case, it was actually from Fernando Yemail. Except mine was slightly different:

Price: USD 199.99 per month / No Setup Fee
    Datacenter: Zurich, Switzerland

Cheers!

• CoreyCorey Member

Well so far we have had two orders for switzerland.