Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi stock
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi stock

wlambrechtswlambrechts Member
edited June 2018 in General

Hi,

I have been monitoring the stock of Kimsufi's KS-2 continuously for the last few days and it seems the server has never become available ?

What would be the expected waiting time ?

Tx

Comments

• We will tell you for $7.

Thanked by 1wlambrechts
  • Thanked by 2ofit dahoy
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

People monitor their site 24/7 for months before grabbing it in a heart beat.

Hang in there and you will eventually get it. Hope that summer isn't over by then though.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited June 2018

Apparently KS-2 is less common then KS-1, at least this week.

Its out of stock since monday.

• sinsin Member

I've been reloading all week waiting for a KS-11 in BHS and I have yet to see it come in stock =/

• AlvaritotAlvaritot Member
    edited June 2018

@Neoon said:
    Apparently KS-2 is less common then KS-1, at least this week.

Its out of stock since monday.

KS-2(A) has been much harder to get than KS-1 for months already. KS-1 goes on stock a few times daily, while you are already lucky if KS-2 is on stock more than once in a week timespan.

I have even seen KS-12 (the old KS-6) on stock more often.

• @sin said:
    I've been reloading all week waiting for a KS-11 in BHS and I have yet to see it come in stock =/

you should use a checker for that. because the servers usually are gone in seconds ...

• sinsin Member

Marcel40625 said: you should use a checker for that. because the servers usually are gone in seconds ...

The KS-11? I am using checkers and I've been refreshing non-stop. I've seen the rare KS1's come and go and the KS-12s but haven't seen them stock a KS-11 in BHS yet.

• jamjam Member

@sin said:

Same here... waiting for a KS-11 on BHS...

Thanked by 1sin
  • You will need to go beyond monitoring. There are services that will email you once it becomes available, then it's first come first serve and you got to be quick. Even with the notifications, I somehow get beaten to the punch when I try to purchase the second I get it. See link below.

https://check.ovh/

• heyzzxheyzzx Member

@jam said:

@sin said:

now, stocking

Thanked by 2sin jam
  • sinsin Member

@heyzzx said:

@jam said:

@sin said:

now, stocking

Thanks! I saw that...ended up buying the new QuickPacket dedi deal yesterday though so I'm not sure if I will pick up a KS-11 now.

• jamjam Member

@heyzzx said:
    now, stocking

Thanks! i already ordered one some hours ago.

Now waiting for those SYS with 3 SSD at 24.99 Euros...

• I have been monitoring the availability of KS-2 for several days with a custom application I made and it seems it never became available ? anyone having the same experience ? Tx

• @jam said:

@heyzzx said:
    now, stocking

Thanks! i already ordered one some hours ago.

Now waiting for those SYS with 3 SSD at 24.99 Euros...

Why not looking at Hetzner's (auction) servers ? They are cheaper, faster, have more diskspace and & 1 gpbs connection...

• jamjam Member

@wlambrechts said:
    Why not looking at Hetzner's (auction) servers ? They are cheaper, faster, have more diskspace and & 1 gpbs connection...

I already have one. :)

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited June 2018

They hate you. Fate hates you. They don't want you to have the goodies.

Accept fate. Accept the end.

• @jam said:

@wlambrechts said:

I already have one. :)

Ah yeah: I forgot: this is the forum for idling server addicts :-)

• SAPERASAPERA Member
    edited June 2018

I have E3-1230v2 2TB/16GB from Online special deal @16.99 € , so how do you compare it with "KS-11 Intel Xeon W3520" ?

• saibalsaibal Member

The E3 is better than the W in everything.

• Shot2Shot2 Member

@SAPERA said:
    I have E3-1230v2 2TB/16GB from Online special deal @16.99 € , so how do you compare it with "KS-11 Intel Xeon W3520" ?

The Online LT Deals is actually even better than the KS10, CPU-wise. And comes with better bandwidth, raid, ipmi etc. Keep it like a jewel.

• williewillie Member

The Hetzner auction servers with SSDs are pretty expensive compared with the HDD ones. Also Hetzner's network outside EU is not very good. I like my Hetzner box just fine but for my use case (western US), BHS is a better location and I don't mind paying a little bit extra for it.

I have one of those Online boxes too (E3-1230v3, 2x1TB hdd, 32gb ecc ram, 20 euro) and have been thinking of cancelling it on the theory that I can get a Hetzner auction server with 3x the disk space for around the same price, or an hourly Hetzner SSD cloud server if I just want temporary CPU. I haven't done anything about it yet though.

• @SAPERA said:

I have the impression online.net is not doing any specials anymore ? Even at last Black Friday they did not do any specials...

• akzakz Member
    edited June 2018

anyone seen any KS1 or KS2 in BHS? I have a overpriced KS1(N2800) in BHS but might just keep it if they ever only release KS1's in RBX/GRA.

• williewillie Member

wlambrechts said:

I have the impression online.net is not doing any specials anymore ? Even at last Black Friday they did not do any specials...

I don't think they gave up on the concept of specials. They just didn't do one at that time because they were in a low stock situation.

• SAPERASAPERA Member

@Shot2 said:
    The Online LT Deals is actually even better than the KS10, CPU-wise. And comes with better bandwidth, raid, ipmi etc. Keep it like a jewel.

That's true , and i m happy with it coz it has good up/down speed. i will replace it if i get a better deal than this under 20€ otherwise never :)
    btw thanks for your reply!

• @willie said:

wlambrechts said:

I don't think they gave up on the concept of specials. They just didn't do one at that time because they were in a low stock situation.

Unless I missed something, online has not been doing any specials for many many months ... ?

• williewillie Member

wlambrechts said:

Unless I missed something, online has not been doing any specials for many many months ... ?

They were never more frequent than that. They might still be low on stock. They increased prices recently as you might remember. There was a big outage at OVH last year and OVH customers realized they needed a secondary provider in France, so they bought up all the Online servers. Online had almost no stock for quite a long time. Now they are priced somewhat higher than their competitors. That suggests that they don't have enough unsold inventory to worry about losing sales due to the higher prices.

Maybe things will get back to normal after a while, maybe not. I don't think we can infer strategic decisions just from seeing the absence of specials for the past few months. It looks to me more like natural responses to normal ups and downs in the business.

• DoktorXDoktorX Member
    edited June 2018

@akz said:
    anyone seen any KS1 or KS2 in BHS? I have a overpriced KS1(N2800) in BHS but might just keep it if they ever only release KS1's in RBX/GRA.

My ks1 is located in gra1

• akzakz Member

@DoktorX said:

@akz said:

My ks1 is located in gra1

thx yah just grabbed a ks1 in gra to replace my ks1 in rbx.