Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need unmetered at least 100mbts
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need unmetered at least 100mbts

Hello,
Im gonna set up a proxy server so I need this:
-Unmetered/unlimited data transfer
-Port speed at least 100mbts

My wallet is <5$

Thanks!

Thanked by 1inklight

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Below cost.

• BuyVM Slice?

Realistically do you need unmetered? What is your realistic average usage?

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • Probably with your budget *10 or so.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

• ovh vps is the closest you'll get

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited June 2018

When LET pricing becomes high end, the end is nigh.

• Scaleway, 1,99EUR/month.

• OVH is more reliable than scaleway.
    CAD 4.49 per month.

• Plot twist: It's yearly budget

• OVH is not possible, when you reach 10TB your speed decrease to 1mbts

• @nadal28 said:
    OVH is not possible, when you reach 10TB your speed decrease to 1mbts

Your budget isn’t possible.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • @doghouch said:

@nadal28 said:
    OVH is not possible, when you reach 10TB your speed decrease to 1mbts

Your budget isn’t possible.

Its very possible

• TomTom Member

no it isn't

Thanked by 2Clouvider Aidan
  • What about a BuyVM slice @Francisco?

• @Tom said:
    no it isn't

BuyVM seems to offer it, and I can also prove that wishosting offers it too (no stock atm), so its possible.

• @nadal28 said:

@Tom said:
    no it isn't

BuyVM seems to offer it, and I can also prove that wishosting offers it too (no stock atm), so its possible.

i highly highly doubt that they'll let you use the entire port of the vps' host SYS server the whole time.

• edited June 2018

@nadal28 said:
    I can also prove that wishosting offers it too (no stock atm), so its possible.

From their terms:

If your CPU/Network/IO load is constant, it shouldn't exceed 15% of allocated resources.

That means if you want constant network usage, you're limited to 37.5Mbps (around 12.15TB/month), which is not what you're after.
    For that budget, one of the cheap Kimsufi or Scaleway (as mentioned above) servers will probably be one of the closest things to unmetered 100Mbps you're going to find.

• @nadal28 said:

@Tom said:
    no it isn't

Do you require constant usage?

• nadal28nadal28 Member
    edited June 2018

@Silvest said:

@nadal28 said:

@Tom said:
    no it isn't

Do you require constant usage?

Maybe not, its a proxy server, i dont need kvm, i don't need more than 512 ram, i don't need ssd, i don't need strong cpu... just network. I expect a lot of concurrent conections (512) so I need a good speed to serve them

• @nadal28 512 connections?!

Thanked by 1mksh
  • freerangecloudfreerangecloud Member, Patron Provider

How much traffic are you actually expecting to push? 100mbps unmetered is 33TB/mo. which you're not getting for $5

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

freerangecloud said: How much traffic are you actually expecting to push? 100mbps unmetered is 33TB/mo. which you're not getting for $5

I can happily give him a 100Mbit port and unmetered. 100M local within the DC that is. Public bandwidth no so much. Maybe that's what he means :-).

Thanked by 1inklight
  • well, I see your point guys, so I increase my budget to 10$ with this requeriments:
    Im going to set up a proxy server with privoxy, so anyone in the net is going to connect to it. I expect many many conections at the same time (2000). I don't need more than 1GB RAM, cheap cpu and ssd/hdd.

I need network power (speed & unmetered)

Thanked by 1inklight
  • @nadal28 said:
    well, I see your point guys, so I increase my budget to 10$ with this requeriments:
    Im going to set up a proxy server with privoxy, so anyone in the net is going to connect to it. I expect many many conections at the same time (2000). I don't need more than 1GB RAM, cheap cpu and ssd/hdd.

buy 3 scaleways or 3 ovh vps.

• @nadal28 said:
    well, I see your point guys, so I increase my budget to 10$ with this requeriments:

Have a look at BuyVM. How much traffic are you expecting to push? Or is the port speed more a requirement than high bandwidth usage?

• freerangecloudfreerangecloud Member, Patron Provider

For $10/mo. I could do something in our Vancouver datacenter - 100mbps, 1024MB RAM, 40GB SSD

• like I said before, Scaleway 1,99EUR/month is your best choice for this budget.

• Marcel40625Marcel40625 Member
    edited June 2018

https://www.kimsufi.com/us/en/ - Dedicated all the way - Your own machine nobody uses your Hardware/Bandwith :)

Thanked by 1inklight