Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1 Year QuickPacket Review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

1 Year QuickPacket Review

lukesUbuntulukesUbuntu Member
edited May 2018 in Reviews

I have to give a big shout out to the people at quickpacket their support and service are frickn awesome.

I have had the best experience and service from them over the year so here is my review.

Tech Support
Yesterday was the second time I used their support and I had answers within 15mins. I needed some help with getting a new server as 1 of my software applications was getting resource hungry, they have a selection of machines and I wasn’t even sure what was an upgrade to what.…

They took the time in helping me out, they didn’t even try up-selling at all they even asked did I actually need to upgrade… Support took the time and explained all the difference between most of the servers they had and what would & what wouldn’t benefit my application... So big ups there!!!

Customer Service
As I purchased the original server from a deal off lowendtalk I was cheeky enough to ask if I could transfer that coupon discount code onto the new server and they were more than happy to do so. They even offered to take the drives and move them (not sure if there was a charge) with little down time.

Bench Marks/Servers
I have had 0 downtime with my original server, benchmarks from https://github.com/lehuizi/embenchmark

Just started using uptimerobot last year.

This is my new server:

This is my old server

Overall
Anyway Overall 10/10 from me, A+ for support A+ for network, A+ Customer Service!! I can’t fault them.

Thanked by 3qps MasonR imok

Comments

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

@lukesUbuntu Thanks for the review and for your business!

Thanked by 1lukesUbuntu
  • Great review

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Yes they are a great provider on here. I would always strongly recommend them with only a handful of other providers.

Thanked by 1qps
  • MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

Nice review! Keep up the good work @qps! Reviews like this make me feel good about recommending your services.

Thanked by 1qps
  • agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

Have been a long time fan and customer of @qps. Always outstanding service and support!

Thanked by 1qps
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Can't go wrong there, top shelf provider.

Thanked by 1qps

Thanks guys, appreciate all of the comments.

Also, 15 years of QuickPacket coming up soon on June 15! Starting to plan out an offer for the 15th anniversary - any configurations you guys are looking for?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@qps said:

Also, 15 years of QuickPacket coming up soon on June 15! Starting to plan out an offer for the 15th anniversary - any configurations you guys are looking for?

E3s with SSDs are hot right now, and inexpensive for the most part.

• levnodelevnode Member

@qps said:

I neef 32G ram with any kind of cpu. Do you have any offer at the moment?

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member

@jarland said:

@qps said:

E3s with SSDs are hot right now, and inexpensive for the most part.

@jarland said it. Also, some cheap xen VPS deals, maybe? :P

• @qps said:

E3 with 32GB and 2TB disk is kind of hot girls :)

Thanked by 1feezioxiii
  • E3 w 32GB Ram and 2x(SATA/SAS/SSD)

• EdmondEdmond Member

@qps said:

Would be quite nice to see offers that literally anyone with any reasonable budget could afford. Cheap dedis for cheap LET people works very well for sales.

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@subhojitdutta said:
    E3 w 32GB Ram and 2x(SATA/SAS/SSD)

Agreed. Single drive offers are no bueno.

Thanked by 2jaypeesmith imok
  • imokimok Member

@Harambe said:

@subhojitdutta said:

THIS.

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

@imok said:

@Harambe said:

@subhojitdutta said:

THIS.

Would love an offer similar to this.

edited June 2018

We will probably have another offer later in the week on the official day of our 15th anniversary, but let's get the celebration started.

E3-1230v3, 16GB RAM, 1TB HD or 128GB SSD, 20TB on 1Gbps Port, /29 IPv4, /64 IPv6, IPMI - Charlotte, NC (US East Coast) - $35/month - link to order

As a bonus for LET, we will add an extra 1TB HD or 128GB SSD for free (normally $10 extra). Just open a ticket after ordering and we'll add the drive for you.

Thanked by 4black sin FredQc lazyt
  • imokimok Member

@qps that's really nice but it will be great to have a 32GB option.

imok said: 32GB option

The 32GB RAM option is on the order form.

• imokimok Member

@qps said:

imok said: 32GB option

The 32GB RAM option is on the order form.

A special 32GB RAM option :P

imok said: A special 32GB RAM option :P

Hard to give a special price on the 32GB RAM upgrade given the current market pricing. The price on the 8GB DIMMs for these boxes is really high right now.

• sinsin Member
    edited June 2018

Trying to pay my invoice but I get "SetExpressCheckout failed: Couldn't resolve host 'api-3t.paypal.com'(6)" =(

-edit- it's working now :) awesome deal

Thanked by 1qps
  • deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited June 2018

Well, the error says what was wrong. (Paypal api was down for a sec or two)

Nothing any host can do anything about it.

Thanked by 3qps sin Clouvider

A number of people have experienced the PayPal API issue. I think PayPal may be having an issue right now.

• FredQcFredQc Member

qps said: E3-1230v3, 16GB RAM, 1TB HD or 128GB SSD, 20TB on 1Gbps Port, /29 IPv4, /64 IPv6, IPMI - Charlotte, NC (US East Coast) - $35/month

Tempting offer!

• sinsin Member

FredQc said: Tempting offer!

Yeah it's a super tempting offer and then I saw the free extra drive (which sales added on to my order very quickly!) and I was sold, ordered it asap. I used to have one of their old deals but it only had 1 drive, with this deal I can setup RAID.

• sinsin Member

Delivered in less then 6 hours and with the extra 128GB SSD drive :). The server is crazy fast and everything looks good! Pretty freaking awesome deal for $35/month. I plan to play around with it tomorrow, gotta get some sleep soon :). Thank you for the amazing server @qps and happy 15th anniversary!

• sinsin Member

Jack said: Same experience as I had then.

Glad to see someone else jumped on this great deal too :). I'm loving this server so far.

@Jack @sin Thanks guys for the business.

We had some requests for more servers with more cores. We have a limited quantity of these available:

E5-2620, 16GB RAM, 1TB HD or 128GB SSD, 20TB on 1Gbps Port, /29 IPv4, /64 IPv6, IPMI - Charlotte, NC (US East Coast) - $50/month - click to order

We also added some great prices on RAM upgrades for these servers.

• 32GB is +$10
    • 64GB is +$25