Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Intel I7-8086K sweepstakes
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Intel I7-8086K sweepstakes

dedipromodedipromo Member
edited June 2018 in General

For anyone who's interested, Intel is giving away 8086 I7-8086K limited-edition CPUs featuring a frequency up to 5.0GHz, starting from 5 pm PT 06/07 to 5 pm PT 06/08.

https://game.intel.com/8086sweepstakes/

Just sign up and you'll have a chance to win. Sweepstakes are good for residents in the US, Canada, UK, Japan, South Korea, France, Germany, Mainland China and Taiwan.

Comments

• way too damn expensive

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

Actually more countries: " USA, Canada (excluding Quebec), UK, France, Germany, South Korea, Japan, Mainland China and Taiwan"

Thanked by 1dedipromo
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Chance of winning: 1 in 292 million

• You'll never get it, just free marketing information to Intel.

Thanked by 1TriJetScud
  • FHR said: Actually more countries: " USA, Canada (excluding Quebec), UK, France, Germany, South Korea, Japan, Mainland China and Taiwan"

I'd argue that they have to consider the EU one having a subcompany there.

Anyway, the CPU is crap as we have seen also tested by der8auer @ Computex showing it OCs not very higher than an 8700K, it is just a minorly better binned chip that passed the 5Ghz base test (probably at a low voltage, because many will do 5).

• What is Quebec's guilt? Being francophone?

• @MarshalChe said:
    What is Quebec's guilt? Being francophone?

Because of their laws requiring that you do business with them in French and sweepstakes over there can be considered as a lottery?

Ya know, Loto-Quebec wants it's cut of the pie too!

Thanked by 1MarshalChe