Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH - IP Failover Not Working At All - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH - IP Failover Not Working At All

2»

Comments

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

@HostDoc said:

@FHR said:

@HostDoc said:
    This might not be a network problem but rather the way you configured your VM's. Have you double checked your VM config for CPU units and CPU%?
    Try assigning CPU units 1000+ and leave % on 0 and see if that helps.

I assume this comment is a troll.

And what made you reach that assumption?

CPU units = priority. Higher units basically means higher priority (there is some math behind it) between instances when the system is at high load.
    CPU % = absolute limit. 0% limit means you will limit the VPS to no CPU at all.

I see a link to a host in your signature. As a host actually selling KVM VPS you should know these things.

Thanked by 1Zerpy
  • @FHR said:

@HostDoc said:

@FHR said:

@HostDoc said:
    This might not be a network problem but rather the way you configured your VM's. Have you double checked your VM config for CPU units and CPU%?
    Try assigning CPU units 1000+ and leave % on 0 and see if that helps.

I assume this comment is a troll.

And what made you reach that assumption?

CPU units = priority. Higher units basically means higher priority (there is some math behind it) between instances when the system is at high load.
    CPU % = absolute limit. 0% limit means you will limit the VPS to no CPU at all.

I see a link to a host in your signature. As a host actually selling KVM VPS you should know these things.

I know exactly what those settings do and was also surprised to hear such a solution but was told it solved that particular situation on a OVH server so figured Id bring it up. There wasn't much more to input into this conversation and I remembered that particular solution reading through the thread. It was just a suggestion, not a set in stone solution.

• @robohost said:

@HostDoc said:
    Not at all. Someone else with the same issue changed those settings and their IP worked. Just offering some alternative idea. Not trolling at all.

Explain the logic behind those

Quite obviously, no logic was behind it. Just a solution I heard that rectified the connection issue on a OVH server. Apologies for leaving my brain at home this morning.

• FredQcFredQc Member

HostDoc said: Have you double checked your VM config for CPU units and CPU%? Try assigning CPU units 1000+ and leave % on 0 and see if that helps.

You can also try to increase the swap space a little bit, it will give you free ips at ovh. Sometimes up to 128. To see the new ips just run this command: ip addr.

Debian, thx

Thanked by 1FHR
  • AkitoAkito Member

Have you configured every single IP and their respective routing as well in your /etc/network/interfaces (assuming Debian/Ubuntu as main server OS) config?

• @Akito said:
    Have you configured every single IP and their respective routing as well in your /etc/network/interfaces (assuming Debian/Ubuntu as main server OS) config?

i'm sure configured correctly. I run two SYS server with proxmox and one Kimsufi server with proxmox also. never has problem like this before..

• nvidiannvidian Member
    edited June 2018

Today the support replied that the problem has been resolved, and I can confirm all /30 IPs works now. BUT the issue still persist on 1 IP I order (different block).

Thanks for the Genius Support at OVH that only spent 9 days to fix this issue. And 12 days in total since I order the server.

• @nvidian said:
    Today the support replied that the problem has been resolved, and I can confirm all /30 IPs works now. BUT the issue still persist on 1 IP I order (different block).

Thanks for the Genius Support at OVH that only spent 9 days to fix this issue. And 12 days in total since I order the server.

which block IP range with /30 IPS ?

• nvidiannvidian Member
    edited June 2018

@dgprasetya said:

@nvidian said:

139.99.50.*

Thanked by 1dgprasetya
  • @nvidian said:

@dgprasetya said:

@nvidian said:

139.99.50.*

some range ips with single order 139.99.51.* doesn't work, but works with block order /30.
    also block order /30 at 139.99.6.* doesn't work.

i'm still direct complaint with one of ovh people via email.

• @dgprasetya said:

@nvidian said:

@dgprasetya said:

@nvidian said:

139.99.50.*

some range ips with single order 139.99.51.* doesn't work, but works with block order /30.
    also block order /30 at 139.99.6.* doesn't work.

i'm still direct complaint with one of ovh people via email.

ok solved. the Genius support save my life ! fast responses !