Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stripe not going to support hosting company to get payment !
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Stripe not going to support hosting company to get payment !

toshosttoshost Member, Host Rep
edited June 2018 in General

TOSHOST LTD is a Registered Limited company. We are doing business since 2012. Already use lots of payment getway like Paypal, skrill, coin payment, payza, 2co & Stripe.
Recently our management decide to use stripe because stripe have lot option to get payment . Last 5 months we use Stripe and never face any dispute issue, already done a lots of successful card payment without charge-back or dispute.

Yesterday Stripe Team sent us an email about that they are not going to support our website

Our systems recently identified charges that appear to be unauthorized by the cardholder, meaning that the owner of the credit or debit card did not consent to these payments. This unfortunately means that we will no longer be able to accept payments for toshost.com.

After getting this mail we ask them to provide us any specified transaction details which make problem.

Finally we got a response today.

Hi there,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I can certainly understand your concern on this matter and I'd be happy to provide some clarification. Stripe has some extremely strict regulations when it comes to the businesses we can and cannot work with. Unfortunately, our prior experience with businesses similar to yours has resulted in a higher number of chargebacks than with others, so we're not able to support any businesses of this nature moving forward. This is not to accuse you or your business of any wrongdoing, as I do see that you haven't yet received any disputes. This is rather the result of a few bad actors in the past shaping our regulations for the future.

I truly wish this wasn't the case, as we'd prefer to work with as many types of businesses as we can. However, these restrictions are quite firm, and we aren't given any leeway on this decision. If you need any assistance with migrating your data to another payment processor, please let me know. I realize this isn't always an easy process and I'd like to help make your transition as smooth as possible.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to get back in touch. I'm here to help.

Best,
Violet

So I would like to know any hosting provider who are using stripe got this kind of mail ?
We are 100% confirm that we never face any refund or chargeback issue with them. Really shocked to get this kind of decision form them.

Thanked by 1hanoi

Comments

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

@toshost said:
    is a

We have the same case and we just gave up their customer services are extremely useless!

Thanked by 1DewlanceVPS
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

I have not had any issue like this, but I have almost no chargebacks through Stripe. If there are any payment that are high risk I immediately refund them. There are some pretty big hosting companies that have used Stripe for years, so this just seems like a way to get rid of individual accounts that have many chargebacks.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Alternatives? Braintree? Ayden or whatever is called?

Thanked by 1DewlanceVPS
  • hzrhzr Member

lol, if stripe doesn't want you due to risk/fraud, adyen won't even talk to you

@hzr said:
    lol, if stripe doesn't want you due to risk/fraud, adyen won't even talk to you

Why? Never used Adyen. Seems to be pretty awesome though.

• hzrhzr Member

Adyen is awesome. If your company is crap though, they won't touch you.

@hzr said:
    Adyen is awesome. If your company is crap though, they won't touch you.

Have you used their services?

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@MikePT said:
    Braintree?

Not much of a real difference than PayPal. Braintree support is extremely slow to respond (i.e. 1 week), also they will run a credit check on you to check risk.

Thanked by 2MikePT gestiondbi
  • Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

MikeA said: Not much of a real difference than PayPal. Braintree support is extremely slow to respond (i.e. 1 week), also they will run a credit check on you to check risk.

Not my experience with them. Their support has been great to me. Quick responses to tickets and people on the phone were very nice. Though I will admit I have barely ever needed to talk to them.

Thanks folks. I do have a great experience with PayPal though I would like to start accepting credit cards. Not sure what payment gateway we should use.

• @MikePT said:

Bitcoin, because charge back is impossible.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

Try squareup.com as alternative payment solution

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • wavecomaswavecomas Member, Host Rep

This issue is much wider. Im with public limited company having AAA credit rating and our application got negative result from Mollie . After inguiry they finally gived answer that web/cloud hosting industry is not welcome anymore..

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@MikePT said:
    Thanks folks. I do have a great experience with PayPal though I would like to start accepting credit cards. Not sure what payment gateway we should use.

PayPal Pro allows you to charge CC directly.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • ZerpyZerpy Member

@wavecomas said:
    This issue is much wider. Im with public limited company having AAA credit rating and our application got negative result from Mollie . After inguiry they finally gived answer that web/cloud hosting industry is not welcome anymore..

/me still being a happy customer of Mollie - even as a hosting provider.

• wavecomaswavecomas Member, Host Rep

@Zerpy said:

@wavecomas said:

/me still being a happy customer of Mollie - even as a hosting provider.

Most probably because EU regulations and habits wont make make them cancel excisting accounts..

• HxxxHxxx Member

PayPal Standard allow non PayPal users to pay with card.

@Clouvider said:

@MikePT said:

@Hxxx said:
    PayPal Standard allow non PayPal users to pay with card.

@Clouvider said:

@MikePT said:

But you can’t charge the CC directly.

• AbdussamadAbdussamad Member
    edited June 2018

You have to police your customers. Ask for ID, selfie holding said ID, utility bill, marriage certificate, vaccination certificate, blood tests etc. It is in the very nature of the financial system because all transactions are reversible so everyone wants to cover their ass in triplicate.

Or people could use just crypto...

Just find another payment provider. It's not a big deal.

• toshosttoshost Member, Host Rep

@MikeA said:
    I have not had any issue like this, but I have almost no chargebacks through Stripe. If there are any payment that are high risk I immediately refund them. There are some pretty big hosting companies that have used Stripe for years, so this just seems like a way to get rid of individual accounts that have many chargebacks.

We never face any chargeback issue.

• toshosttoshost Member, Host Rep

@Abdussamad said:
    You have to police your customers. Ask for ID, selfie holding said ID, utility bill, marriage certificate, vaccination certificate, blood tests etc. It is in the very nature of the financial system because all transactions are reversible so everyone wants to cover their ass in triplicate.

Or people could use just crypto...

Just find another payment provider. It's not a big deal.

Stripe not give us any specific id or we never face any charge back issue yet. All client using our service for long time.

@try4lontalk said:

@MikePT said:

Bitcoin, because charge back is impossible.

We cannot use Bitcoin in Portugal. It's not regulated.

@Clouvider said:

@MikePT said:

I need to have a separate company to bill CC, I got clients that simply don't want anything to do with PP... :\

edited June 2018

I normally find that if someone has an outright issue with PayPal there’s a reason to worry on thebfraud screening front. PayPal Pro is not visible to the Customer, if you process your end, PayPal is not mentioned on the cc bill either

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • HxxxHxxx Member

But then you have to be fully PCI-Compliant, all steps, all the way.

@Clouvider said:
    I normally find that if someone has an outright issue with PayPal there’s a reason to worry on thebfraud screening front. PayPal Pro is not visible to the Customer, if you process your end, PayPal is not mentioned on the cc bill either

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Guy 1: I hate Paypal. I won't use it.

Guy 2: Wat happened?

Guy 1: Nothing. They froze my account for no apparent reason.

Guy 2: U must've done something?

Guy 1: Nope, nothing. I scammed a guy and he filed a dispute. My account balance went minus and they kicked me out. Fucktards. I didn't do anything.

Guy 2: I see.

• joerijoeri Member, Host Rep, LIR
    edited June 2018

You could try https://www.mollie.com/en/payments note that mollie only pays out to bank accounts with a IBAN

Thanked by 1elwebmaster
  • @joeri said:
    You could try https://www.mollie.com/en/payments note that mollie only pays out to bank accounts with a IBAN

Was about to say. If you contact support, They can do american bank accounts too i thought

edited June 2018

@Hxxx said:
    But then you have to be fully PCI-Compliant, all steps, all the way.

@Clouvider said:

Never used PayPal Pro, does it store the CC info and not only the token?

Edit:
    https://docs.whmcs.com/Payflow_Pro

Payflow will do it.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@toshost Can you DM me the email address that you used to converse with their support team? I'm concerned about the phrase "businesses of this nature" and would like to start a discussion with them.

Thanked by 1mohamed
  • vovlervovler Member

@jarland said:
    @toshost Can you DM me the email address that you used to converse with their support team? I'm concerned about the phrase "businesses of this nature" and would like to start a discussion with them.

You using Stripe?